Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #61  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
It feels good to be back 100% on program after vacay and I can feel the weight coming off, thank goodness!

I had a couple of questions.

Multiple Quotes: There were quite a few posts I wanted to respond to. I searched it and read about the multiple quote button. I selected the posts using this button but how do I insert them in to the post???? Sorry it is probably obvious!

Cauliflower Rice: Do you grate the raw cauliflower?

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will figure this quoting tool out and can participate in the thread!

Julie
For the multi-quote use the Post Reply all the way over on the left side after the last post on the page.

Yes, you grate raw cauliflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
molly... THANK YOU for explaining more about the tom issues on this protocol!!!! makes me seem to tolerate the situations better with knowledge!! even so....it sure is a downside to this protocol!!! uggg

on the note about the kale chips....i was supper surprised!!! i can't wait to get home and make a batch to last all week!!!! so much easier when you already have the oven hot...especially down south where it is H.O.T.T. !!!!

pianonnan....i DO have the magic bullet and use it every single day!!! i love love love my magic bullet. i have never used a ninja, and i hear they are awesome!!...and one day might get me one....but i don't think i could have had the awesome week i have had this past week without my magic bullet on the trip with me!!! its small and packs easy and i have the deluxe version with the juicer, the mugs with the colored screw on rings and extra storage lids and hoppers. i make smoothies, the ip lemonade, i mix the crepe mix for my english muffins, crush ice for slushies, mix the ip omelet, whip homemade mayo, whip egg whites, the list goes on and on....i would never want to do ip without mine!!!!! there is never any smidgen of powder in a drink when i use the magic bullet!! hope that helps a little
Know all about the H. O. T. T. in the south and even up north this summer. When we were in Michigan a few weeks ago, it was hotter there than it was in Georgia. I baked a lot and that made the kitchen and non-AC house miserable.

Sorry rainbowsmiles, to counter your love of your Magic Bullet. I have heard negatives on it when compared to others. I have one at the cottage, but have never used it as there is also a fancy Oster blender there. Will try sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Lost 2 more lbs at WI woohoo!!
Congratulations. Proves the program works, even in short time frames.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #62  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Quick question:
what is kale chips?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Kaypix, it's so kind of you to go help out your family. I used to be a special ed teacher.. and I know how difficult it can be.

Margaret, great news on reconnecting with your sister.. reminds me that it's never too late. <3

Why does it feel like onederland is so close but SOOOOO far away?!?! Hovering around 200.8 here.. Starting to think my scale doesn't go down passed 200.. lol I think i will literally jump for joy when it does.

Started working out more- walking, taking some classes here and now at my friends' gyms. And most importantly, cleared off the ole treadmill. Trying to get into the habit of getting on that thing for 15-20 min each day, ideally first thing in the morning. But that depends on if the baby cooperates. I am adding in a few minutes of jogging and I love it. I never thought I would run again.. Now, not only do I think it is possible, it's probable. My goal is to run in a 5k. Hope everyone has a good day!!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #64  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Prayers coming their way and your way. With the violent behavior and brain injury stuff, wondering if he may be having seizures??? Probably has already been looked at.

Anyway, have a great week and recharge your own batteries so you can provide them relief. sturgis in 2 wks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
I will be praying your your cousins and you to get stength!
[QUOTE=Dakin;4414937]
Kaypix You are such a giving soul! Really serves to sober you and make you appreciative, doesn't it? Sending positive vibes to your cousin and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Kaypix - my heart goes out to your cousin and her family. One of my sons was also born with 'difficulties', and I thought I just couldn't cope. Then at one of the clinic visits at the Univ. of MI where he was treated, I saw a child that was so much worse off than my son. I re-evaluated things then and there, and realized just how lucky we were. You are doing them a huge service by going and helping out for the weekend, and I know they will be forever grateful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Kaypix - you and and your cousins are in my thoughts and prayers.
[B]
Molly
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Definitely saying prayers for you and your family. That's heartbreaking. You are their angel for sure for caring and doing something to help. I hope they can find the right treatment options for him.

Thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers. If anyone hears anything about funding assistance for basic home needs (i.e. groceries etc.) let me know, as they are seriously strapped for cash between the medical bills and an outrageous mortgage.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #65  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Thank you everyone for all your support!! I love this forum!!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #66  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Good afternoon all

Down another 2 lbs today! That means I am only 2 lbs from goal, and my coach is starting me on phase 2 tomorrow!

I am excited to see the end of it and it's weird to think that I actually made it to goal, I thought 160 lbs was pretty unrealistic for me when I started since I had no idea it worked so well and had not known of anyone who succeeded. Joining the forum gave me hope though!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck to all the WIs today!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #67  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
moose,

So sorry to hear you're miserable, but like you said, it's your recovery. If you just feel like sleeping, your body is telling you it wants to heal and that sleeping allows it to direct all of its energy to healing and not towards keeping you awake. Let it have it's way. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Molly
Old 07-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Quick question:
what is kale chips?
Kale chips are a way to get in veggies and also have something crunchy and salty (seasoned).

I never thought I would eat kale, but just now finished a batch for lunch.

Here is Finn's Kale Chip recipe. Also, see my http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4415280 thread for my latest report on Kale chips in the ActiFry.

Finn’s Kale Chips
1 bunch kale (lehtikaali) (if you want to get technical, it’s about 12 large Tuscan kale leaves)
2 tsp up to 1 tablespoon olive oil (I add oil to a spray bottle to completely cover the leaves without making too oily)
1 teaspoon sea salt
Ground black pepper and Herbamare/ Mrs. Dash spices to taste
Directions
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. If washing, you MUST dry them before cooking. Either with a salad spinner or a towel.
3. With a knife or kitchen shears, remove the kale leaves from their tough end and inner stems. Cut longer leaves in half or preferred bite size pieces
4. Spray (recommended) or drizzle kale with olive oil . Some people but the kale in a Ziploc bag and add oil there to "massage" the leaves and ensure they are covered. Note that too much oil will make the chips too limp and greasy, so don’t overdo it. 1 TB is max.
5. If adding other spices or vinegar, add now. (Do NOT add salt yet.
6. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until crisp. The timing all depends on how much olive oil you use. Just use a spatula or tongs to touch the leaves, if they are paper-thin crackly, the kale is done. If the leaves are still a bit soft, leave them in for another 2 minutes. Do not let the leaves turn brown (they'll be burnt and bitter)

IMPORTANT NOTE! They will burn easy, be aware of how they are baking.

7. Sprinkle with sea salt AFTER cooking. You can add it before, but I find its better after roasting. (The salt won't leech out the moisture from the leaves too quickly...letting it crisp more evenly. Or so I've been told.)

Variations:
Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips:
Add 1 tsp to up to 1 TB vinegar when adding the oil. (You can also add both oil and vinegar to the sprayer at the same time for an evenly coated taste. I used about 2 tsp. Just make sure no liquid pools under the kale when cooking, though, or it will get soggy.)

Spicy Kale Chips:
Add about 1 tablespoon of chili flakes (or to taste) & sprinkling of paprika or cayenne pepper power

Cajun Kale Chips:
Add Cajun or Creole seasoning.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #70  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Good afternoon all

Down another 2 lbs today! That means I am only 2 lbs from goal, and my coach is starting me on phase 2 tomorrow!

I am excited to see the end of it and it's weird to think that I actually made it to goal, I thought 160 lbs was pretty unrealistic for me when I started since I had no idea it worked so well and had not known of anyone who succeeded. Joining the forum gave me hope though!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck to all the WIs today!

Great for you!!! What a great accomplishment!! As someone who is just starting the journey it is so nice to read about someone who is ending the first part of the journey. I can't wait until the day when I say "I only have 2 lbs to go", thank you for the inspiration and once again great job!!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
This is major surgery so how you are feeling is understandable. You really have to accept that you need to sleep a lot to help your body recover.
It is tough when we are so coditioned to be doing so much all the time but recovery does take time.

You will notice your energy coming back very gradually. Each week you will feel better but time seems to go so slow when you can't do much.
Pat
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Good Morning! Does anyone own/use a magic bullet blender for making their drinks? I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to spend the $50 if it really isn't worth it.

Thanks
I use a cheap personal blender i got from wal mart fr 20 bucks and it works great
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Quick rant: I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #74  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Great for you!!! What a great accomplishment!! As someone who is just starting the journey it is so nice to read about someone who is ending the first part of the journey. I can't wait until the day when I say "I only have 2 lbs to go", thank you for the inspiration and once again great job!!
Thank you for the nice words And I'm sure you will do great, before you know it you will look awesome
Old 07-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning everyone, just quick checking in. The last month has been rough for me, dealing with a ton of stress and such. Then last weekend (like Saturday) I talked to my cousins who live 5 hours away. Their eldest son is about 7 and he has some mental instability problems, and was increasingly violent for almost 48 hours, to the point they took him to the ER in hopes of sedation temporarily. Long story short, he had a stroke while he was being born (poor little dude) and has half a brain essentially. He can talk, walk, eat etc. on his own, but his social and cognitive functions are more limited, not understanding social boundaries or how to interpret pain etc. (think wild animal in pain instead of a child crying in pain, that's him) So I told them I'd go see them next weekend and help get caught up. They are financially strapped, and both are so busy with their sons (younger son is OK but they feel they're neglecting him) so laundry, cleaning, coooking are all luxuries they just don't have time for. After talking to them I realized that my "stress" of not having a clean home because I am just mentally exhausted at night and stress at work trying to get ahead of the game and piddly little things, and I'm ashamed to think my problems had been so "big" when there are others who have legitimate problems.

I need to recharge this week big time, get my own house in order, then go up there Friday night and get some serious stuff done for them on Saturday. Coming home on Sunday, and I'm not even remotely concerned about staying OP, as it'll only be 1 evening meal, 1 full day, and 1 breakfast, all of which I'll be "in charge" of, so bringing up some shakes and packets etc. and hoping to take the motorcycle (I get my new helmet today, pics to follow!)

So, if you're the praying type, pray for my cousins, Curt and Becca, and their son, Sammy, and his little brother, Matthew. They need all the strength they can get.
prayers for you and your family..It is very hard when one of your children are disabled..we took guardianship of my husbands second cousin 5 years ago who is mentally and physically disabled.. just a few short months after our third child was born and his cousin has major behavior issues I would love it if we had someone to come help , unfortunately we don't...your cousins will truly appreciate your generosity!
Closed Thread