Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #91  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon, IP peeps! Today is going well. Sort of discouraging in the realm of food choices - work lunch at a Thai restaurant. I chose the lowest carb veggie (string beans) that I could get without sauce, but it puts me in a pickle since I've already had tomatoes twice this week. Maybe I'll cut out my restricted snack to compensate.

Anyway, so great to see all of your posts. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #92  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon from Hardy!!

Dieter`s forecast: Cloudy with a chance of the big C

Hey All...well..got to watch the fireworks from my bedroom last night with the DH..How romantic..especially after a little cookie baking session!!! YEAHYAH!!! (Hey its been awhile okay..i cant help but be happy i got some)

Hope all is well in the diet land...Welcome back Longhorn! Glad to see you back! Missed ya around here...Hope you had a good vacation..

Everyone else...have a great day!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverGal View Post
Don't know what happened, but the whoosh fairy came before my sat weigh in -- dow 3.4 lbs! Only 6.6 to go before I'm at my college weight!
Im glad the whoosh fairy came to visit, GREAT WI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Hi everyone - I"m back - I never really left - stayed on IP - and did pretty well. The stress of everything probably slowed my losses, but I had a loss each week. There were times I struggled to stay OP, and I few times I slipped. I was fighting the emotional eating issue.

We, as a family, are dealing with everything one day at a time. That is all one can do.

Today is the day I get 100% back on track, so thought I should post.

Congratulations to everyone who has had losses, and good luck to everyone who has WI's.

I've learned a lot over the past month. I want to share a few of them here. Once you love someone, you never really stop. Say the things you need to say before it's too late (listen to John Mayer's, "Say"), most everyone, no matter how flawed, is really probably trying to do their best, life is fragile, value each and every day, every life has value, and the biggie. I never stopped loving my girls Daddy, and we should have tried much, much harder.

Have an okay day everyone!
Thank you for the advice, I'm sorry for the loss you and your family are suffering through right now. I wondered how you were doing when I hadnt seen you posting for a while. I am glad to see you are back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Haven't been on in quite a while. Proud to say that I am down 40lbs and half way to goal.

I am now starting to lose the momentum. I really want to get back into the groove. I haven't exercised yet so wondering if I should start to get me going again. Losing every week (least amount lost was 2lbs) so doing great but just not feeling it anymore. Maybe because I am not seeing the drastic changes anymore.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get back into it to keep going?

Happy Monday!
Halfway to goal, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You will see the changes as you get closer. Pictures really do help to give you a visual. I think Nova had a great suggestion with getting all gussied up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hello everyone :-)

I just called and made my first consultation appointment to start IP! I go in this Saturday at 10:00am. I am very excited and a bit nervous, mostly anxious to start!!
You will be so glad that you did!!! Welcome to the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Hello everyone! I had my first WI today. I lost 4.6 pounds! Thank you all for your support! Quick question, can I chew Extra surgarfee gum?
GREAT WI!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Bummed today. WI showed no loss, and I was OP. Only thing I can think of is that my TOM is late, and this past week was stressful workwise. I know there's nothing I can do besides continue to stay 100% OP which is what I plan to do. It's just a downer and I cannot help but feel mopey
Hang in there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
WI week #2 and I lost another 3 lbs!

I have to admit I was craving bread and fruit most of the week, but I held strong. Anyone have any ideas for the chocolate drink mix pouches besides a drink? I have a few left and I want to use them for my snack, but I'd rather not drink something.

As always thanks so much! Not sure why, but I'm more nervous about this week; after a couple of weeks I tend to fade out of my diet.......... Vowing that won't happen this time!!!
WAY TO GO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimmerRabbit View Post
Hi there everyone - hope this is a great day or has been a great day since it's not almost 4PM EDT. I am doing great! Start my new job tomorrow and had a terrific loss at my WI on Saturday - 7.6 lbs!!! That followed a WI the previous week of +1.6 so I was happy to be back on the loss track. I try not to concentrate on the weekly loss but rather the cumulative loss because even on the weeks I didn't loss much, I still lost body fat and either maintained or increased lean mass.

I'm not really creative with the packets but I love to take the chocolate mix and mix it with coffee, splenda and ice and blend it into an icy drink/slush. So yummy and it's great with the cappuccino mix as well. Also, purple cabbage has been my life saver - I shred it like you do for coleslaw, add raw chopped asparagus and chopped onion and drizzle it with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Crunchy, flavorful and a nice break from salads which I eat for most meals.

I thank you very much for your stories and support. These forums have really helped me feel encouraged. Again, good luck this week!
You had an AWESOME WI!!!! Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesaid View Post
Good afternoon, IP peeps! Today is going well. Sort of discouraging in the realm of food choices - work lunch at a Thai restaurant. I chose the lowest carb veggie (string beans) that I could get without sauce, but it puts me in a pickle since I've already had tomatoes twice this week. Maybe I'll cut out my restricted snack to compensate.

Anyway, so great to see all of your posts. Keep up the great work!
Just make the best choices that you can and always be prepared.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Hang in there!!!
Thank you Stefany! I am trying. We'll see what happens next Monday! BTW, I love your new pics. Gorgeous!

Last edited by Bdmom; 07-23-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #95  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Haven't been on in quite a while. Proud to say that I am down 40lbs and half way to goal.

I am now starting to lose the momentum. I really want to get back into the groove. I haven't exercised yet so wondering if I should start to get me going again. Losing every week (least amount lost was 2lbs) so doing great but just not feeling it anymore. Maybe because I am not seeing the drastic changes anymore.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get back into it to keep going?

Happy Monday!
I'd love any "keeping the momentum" suggestions too! I'm about 20 lbs from goal weight and keep feeling HUNGRY all the time- it's like my body is rebelling after 6 months of IP...but is it my body or my mind?! Can't decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hello everyone :-)

I just called and made my first consultation appointment to start IP! I go in this Saturday at 10:00am. I am very excited and a bit nervous, mostly anxious to start!!
Welcome! IP is life-changing and this site is a great place for support.

My NSV of the day is trying on a pair of Maurice's size 16 pants that were too tight in the stomach & thighs just a couple weeks ago - and they fit well!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
I'm headin to work a convention in Vegas too this week, World Market. Which one are you attending?
Scentsy!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Awesome WI Kara!! All the sessions of baking cookies MUST be paying off
Thanks for the heads up on the Simply Jiff, I like that brand and wasnt really looking forward to a powdered peanut butter... lol
Honey, the powdered stuff is amazing!!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I took a 3 week break from IP because of having company and only gained 3 pounds. (probably because of all of the cooking and cleaning I had to do!) Last week, I thought I would start back on the plan again but it was very hard! I was spoiled by eating tomatoes on BLT's and hamburgers. I was going to weigh in this morning but I was up 1 pound so I didn't go. My question is, has anyone else had trouble getting back on the plan after being off for a short time? Thanks for your help!

Peg
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #99  

Peg, anytime you go off getting back on is way harder! Put your mind to it and you'll do awesome!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sounds like everyone is having a good Monday so far. I am still recovering...I don't like feeling dizzy, or boated and gassy, so I am hoping these feelings go away soon. I do feel a little better every day. My husband keeps reminding me that my body went thru a major surgery and lots of changes. It is harder to not do anything than I thought it would be. I am having to make myself eat too. I think the gassy bloated feeling is the cause of that problem. I just dont feel like eating most of the day. And meat and veggies are the last things that sound good. I am trying my best to stick to phase 3. Breakfast is easy, its the rest of the day that bothers me.
I hope you feel better soon.
I had a couple of food ideas for you.
Although expensive, it is acceptable to substitute 2 IP packets for a protein.
Think crispy cereal pancake topped with pudding, if that sounds like a comforting food or chicken soup with mushrooms and a chocolate shake.
I was also thinking that eggs (2 whole and 4 whites or 2 whole and 2 whites, depending on your interpretation) could be an OK protein source, depending on how you fix them.
Trying to think up what some "mellow" vegetables might be...maybe celery sticks or cooked zucchini? Jicama is pretty mellow and sometimes has a little bit of a sweet taste, but lots of fiber, so maybe not yet.

Again, hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #101  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

I'm popping bacK on to share my WI news. I'm down 4.5 pounds for a total of 102 pounds!!!!!!!!! I've lost 48 inches so far. Goal here I come!

Last edited by SewingMomma; 07-23-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #102  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I'm popping bacK on to share my WI news. I'm down 4.5 pounds for a total of 102 pounds!!!!!!!!! I've lost 48 inches so far. Goal here I come!

Congratulations. That is so wonderful. You even surpassed make 100 pounds by 2. You've done such a great job.

Molly
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon from Hardy!!

Dieter`s forecast: Cloudy with a chance of the big C

Hey All...well..got to watch the fireworks from my bedroom last night with the DH..How romantic..especially after a little cookie baking session!!! YEAHYAH!!! (Hey its been awhile okay..i cant help but be happy i got some)

Hope all is well in the diet land...Welcome back Longhorn! Glad to see you back! Missed ya around here...Hope you had a good vacation..

Everyone else...have a great day!
Wait! WHAT?? Longhorns been around?? Where where??

Quote:
WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sounds like everyone is having a good Monday so far. I am still recovering...I don't like feeling dizzy, or boated and gassy, so I am hoping these feelings go away soon. I do feel a little better every day. My husband keeps reminding me that my body went thru a major surgery and lots of changes. It is harder to not do anything than I thought it would be. I am having to make myself eat too. I think the gassy bloated feeling is the cause of that problem. I just dont feel like eating most of the day. And meat and veggies are the last things that sound good. I am trying my best to stick to phase 3. Breakfast is easy, its the rest of the day that bothers me.

Mooselover...Hang in there!! I had this surgery 1 1/2 years ago..I was 39 yrs old and had lost our one and only baby.. plus had 3 previous surgeries for women problems..so I was an emotional wreck while recovering...BUT..I feel SO much better after the surgery..the recovery is long and slow so as your husband said..take it easy..it is a major surgery..I was off work 8 weeks which was difficult for me..but very necessary..I just couldn't get my strength back. Each day will get better and better... I will be thinking of you and sending get well wishes!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
WOW!!!!!! Congrats..that is amazing!!!!!!
Closed Thread