Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I was thinkiing of switching to phase 3 then back to phase 1 to see if that will help boost me....my clinic is weird there are 2 ladies one says it is better to phase off and go back if need be and the other lady said maybe I need to take a meal or a day off to shock my system and get back on...........YIKES that scares me....getting back on will be a challenge I think and have heard.

Hope you are feeling ok and recovering well
Don't listen to the second lady. You are right, once you go off for a meal the whole process is disrupted.
You would think the clinic would at least get their advice co-ordinated.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am not ready to be done with IP, so I know I am still in the right mindset to go back to phase 1. I also know it wont be forever!!! I did it before, and I can do it again.

This surgery has made me feel so weak and dizzy. The pain is getting better and I am taking less pain medicine every day, but I am still dizzy all the time. I sleep real good at night, and pretty much lay on the couch most of the day. I am able to walk around quite a bit, but feel so weak. Thanks for asking
That is totally to be expected. When I had this surgery 20 years ago I stayed in the hospital 3 days. But I know that people are out of the hospital much quicker for everything now.

You are doing great to be up around and walking some but it will take time to get back to your full strength.

I have been so much healthier after I had the surgery, the issues suffered for years beforehand were totally draining.

Soon you will be feeling great but make sure you take the time to rest that your body needs now.

Pat
Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Last night was seriously long, I helped my mother in law apply for 12 jobs in Minneapolis, MN area, my husband rooted pretty much all of our phones/tablets so now my nook color is a tablet with android ice cream sandwich, as is my "Firesale" HP Touchpad (btw the the touchpad is super fast with this ROM on it), my brother in law's phone and my mother in law's craptastic tablet. Exhausted was an understatement.

This morning DH was actually saying "I wish your stomach stopped hurting" beacuse I had an upset stomach off and on for two days (lower half, not the upper half). So this morning I told him it felt better, and baking cookies woot woot hooray!

We are now playing Dragon's Dogma (have been for like 3 hours) and I ACTUALLY baked cookies today, using my Wonderslim pudding/shake stuff (Hazelnut), added 1/4 tsp of hazelnut torani sugar free, a bit of vanilla extract, some baking powder, an egg and some water, and they turned out like mini chocolate pancakes. Definitely cookie-ish enough for me and the'll be getting made again as soon as I get more pudding mix. Unfortunately my latest order doesn't have any pudding stuff, just smoothie and bars pretty much. Oh well, next time!

Oh, and I also made cookies with my apple cinnamon oatmeal, added water and flattened them before baking, turned out like champs, loved it!.

Your cookies look awesome. For your apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies, Verify, you only added water. How much? I have some oatmeal and would like to try them this afternoon.

I sort of know what you're dealing with on stomach hurting and cookie baking. Friday night DH got some intestinal bug. He's been out of it for two days now and is finally feeling decent but he's got to work his 8PM to 8AM shift for the next four days before he's finished forever. RETIREMENT. He's asleep right now and will sleep until he gets up a 6 to shower and eat and leave. No cookie baking in this house until after retirement Thursday, since I work a normal 8AM-5PM job. Then, it will still take him a couple days to get used to not being awake at night and it's day time (he gets so confused as to the time of day.) Oh well, something to look forward to.

Thanks to all that have congratulated me on my 70 lbs. It's greatly appreciated.

Molly
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #79  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Oh WOW,

Just noticed I hit 70 lbs lost.

So excited for you! You are such an inspiration! Keep up the hard work!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #80  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Kikie,

You might ask your coach if she has the latest IP sheet. I has been updated to include for protein, two eggs + 2 egg whites = 8 oz. She should be letting you have the eggs. I'm sure this would help you out.

Follow this link and scroll down to Lace and Levis post and she has a link to the May, 2012 IP sheet. She even has the new info on eggs highlighted in yellow.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Molly
Thank you Molly

If it is on the official sheet, you can bet I will have it. Having eggs once a day and chicken for the other meal might make this more bearable. Chicken twice a day is waaay too much meat for me

And WOW 70 lbs, that's amazing!

Last edited by Kikie; 07-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #81  
Feb 2012

S/C/G: 300/248/145

Height: 5'6"

Do any of you take the IP Omega 3s, Enzymes an d antioxidants? I am almost out, been taking them for a month. I can't tell any difference except that I am having lots of gas. I was wondering whether to order them again. They add a lot to the monthly cost of IP.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #82  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Oh WOW,

Woinderful! Congratulations!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #83  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
Do any of you take the IP Omega 3s, Enzymes an d antioxidants? I am almost out, been taking them for a month. I can't tell any difference except that I am having lots of gas. I was wondering whether to order them again. They add a lot to the monthly cost of IP.
Just my experience...When I first started the program I used the enzymes because I had stomach aches, probably from all the veggies. But as I became accustomed to the daily 4 cups, I found myself forgetting to take them with no resulting stomach issues. My clinic, which is super-strict, allowed me to continue taking my own Omega 3s (Nordic brand). They suggested that I begin taking some type of antioxidant, but again no push to use the IP brand. Still haven't decided on an antioxidant brand...They were very insistent on my using the IP brand of multi, potassium calcium, and cal-mag.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I've been looking through a lot of the recipes from the stickies folders and it seems that many of them have things that aren't okay for phase 1 - like vanilla extract, Worcestershire sauce, and other things - has anyone else found this?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #85  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Oh WOW,

Congratulations on the Big 7-0! That is awesome! IT ALL ADDS UP!!!

Quote:
I agree!!! Greek yogurt and fruit is what I have missed the most. I am doing phase 3 till friday, then it's back to phase 1 to lose the rest. I am glad I switched to phase 3 for my surgery. I haven't felt like eating much and breakfast has been a life saver this week.
GREAT to hear you are on the mend and joining us P1ers again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Thanks! Im not looking for clothes yet...shoes, purses, etc.....will be my reward for now! As someone else said im still dropping sizes. In a 10 now and hoping to get to 8 soon.
The sizes seriously do drop off very rapidly at the end. It took me ~30 lb to get out of the 16s, but this last month has seen a size drop off every 5lb! I ended up buying 1 pair if jeans every other size after i blew through my wardrobe (had my 1 pair of size 12 goal pants). Ended up buying 8s, 4s, then got a few 2s, but returned 1 of them for my 'final' goal pants...size ONE, which fit a little snug last week...will wear them at my final Phase 1 WI this Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Boys are dumb! Happy, happy anniversary to you! You are doing great on this plan and roses can't replace that! Keep it up!
Ditto what Carcam said..
boys are dumb about that stuff, but you know he is crazy about you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I went to the phase 1 form to see the restricted veggie list and the non restiricted and see that turnip is ok but rhutabega is restircted. I thought they were the same flipping thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr! I can't get enough of them......although I stopped buying them last week, becuase clearly I was out of control! I was losing thankfully over time eating them, but that could be my problem the last few weeks. So I guess I will be going to find the "real" turnip at the grocery store to make fries.
Rutabagas are on my Select veggies list along with turnips. Granted, they are higher carb among the Select veggies, but we have rutabaga fries 1x/week at our house...hubby LOVES them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
I take CVS brand Omega 3-6-9s..way cheaper. I am sure a cup of green tea would provide your antioxidants, and there are commercial digestive probiotics on the market if you need the enzymes to aid in your digestion. My coach has me on prenatal vitamins, really the potassium is the only IP supplement i havent found a suitable OTC version of.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
So after 2 weeks of Phase 2 and trying to decide if I want to lose a few more pounds, I've decided Iam good for now. The deciding factor came when I realized I am pretty much sitting on bone!

This mornings breakfast crazy big:
Yogurt and PEACHES!
2 (!) slices whole wheat toast with almond butter

Needless to say, it was yummy. Fruit and yogurt have been what I was really looking forward to the last few months.
Stay tuned...
Oh, I know, phase 3 breakfasts are so wonderful! Yogurt, fruit, bread...I was excited to have a buttered corn muffin, but funny, it didn't taste as marvelous as I remember it. I was on it for a short time for pre-vacation conditioning but now back to phase 1.

Congrats on your decision to choose current weight as your goal!

I find as I age (I'm 55), it's important not to get too thin as I can start to look gaunt in the face and neck, although I'm loving the small hips! Waiting for my thighs and upper arms to catch up. LOL!

Quote:
Oh WOW,

Wow!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #87  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon from Hardy..

Dieter's forecast today: Cloudy with a chance of depression...ugh!

Anyone have a "fat" day??? Yesterday i had a "thin" day where i actually felt nice and skinny for no known reason, and today i look at myself in the mirror and i look horribly bloated and big...I feel like im having a fat day..I dont know if its actually a "fat day" per say...I dont weigh myself every day anymore..so its hard to tell if im retaining water or what..but its been a crappy night with no sleep..The DH was in the doghouse last night..But he wimpered and whined enough at me so i let him back into the bedroom... Ive forgiven him now...but im still not into talking so much with him at this moment...still feel a little on the miserable-depressed side from yesterday...

Anywho..have a great day today

Anyone else having a "fat " day???
Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #88  

Height: 5'4"

Question> I went to Applebees for lunch today and ordered the shrimp and spinach salad with no cheese or dressing (brought my evvo and vin) but I didn't realize there were bacon bits and slivered almonds on it. I scraped most of them off and tried to only eat the spinach, shrimp and roasted red peppers. My question is do you think I messed up bad enough to knock me out of ketosis? I did eat a few of the almonds that were stuck to the spinach.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Last night was seriously long, I helped my mother in law apply for 12 jobs in Minneapolis, MN area, my husband rooted pretty much all of our phones/tablets so now my nook color is a tablet with android ice cream sandwich, as is my "Firesale" HP Touchpad (btw the the touchpad is super fast with this ROM on it), my brother in law's phone and my mother in law's craptastic tablet. Exhausted was an understatement.

This morning DH was actually saying "I wish your stomach stopped hurting" beacuse I had an upset stomach off and on for two days (lower half, not the upper half). So this morning I told him it felt better, and baking cookies woot woot hooray!

We are now playing Dragon's Dogma (have been for like 3 hours) and I ACTUALLY baked cookies today, using my Wonderslim pudding/shake stuff (Hazelnut), added 1/4 tsp of hazelnut torani sugar free, a bit of vanilla extract, some baking powder, an egg and some water, and they turned out like mini chocolate pancakes. Definitely cookie-ish enough for me and the'll be getting made again as soon as I get more pudding mix. Unfortunately my latest order doesn't have any pudding stuff, just smoothie and bars pretty much. Oh well, next time!

Oh, and I also made cookies with my apple cinnamon oatmeal, added water and flattened them before baking, turned out like champs, loved it!.

Kaypix,
Would you provide the recipe here for making these cookies? I have 1 packet left of apple cinnamon oatmeal and would love to make cookies out of them.
Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #90  

Quote:
Oh WOW,

WAY TO GO MOLLY!!!! 70 lbs is HUGE!!!! That is alot of weight GONE FOREVER!!!! You are an inspiration and continue to be a gentle supportive presence on this board and I am so proud of you!!!

Quote:
I am not ready to be done with IP, so I know I am still in the right mindset to go back to phase 1. I also know it wont be forever!!! I did it before, and I can do it again.

This surgery has made me feel so weak and dizzy. The pain is getting better and I am taking less pain medicine every day, but I am still dizzy all the time. I sleep real good at night, and pretty much lay on the couch most of the day. I am able to walk around quite a bit, but feel so weak. Thanks for asking
Take care of you!! Take it easy, rest alot, let your body heal. You are doing awesome.
Closed Thread