ActiFry - who has IP friendly recipes

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I just received my new ActiFry. I purchased it because some of you on this forum raved about yours. Yes, it comes with a small recipe book, but I want to know what IP friendly recipes you've come up with.

Thanks, Molly
  • Does it really work like a deep fryer..... like it deep fries your chicken and stuff..
  • Quote: Does it really work like a deep fryer..... like it deep fries your chicken and stuff..
    Haven't tried it, but that's what they claim. On of the guys on the forum talked about making hot wings.

We'll see what responses come to this thread.
    Molly
  • I'm also intrigued!!! They cost $250 here in Canada, so I'm just still debating. Longhorn loves his and makes chicken strips tossed in 0/0/0 Buffalo Sauce. He doesn't even add the oil to the fryer, he says it works fine without! Interested to see if other respond....I'd LOVE to hear if turnip/rutabaga fries work in it!
  • You guys are making me hungry for hot wings.
  • Rutabaga fries are awesome!! Just season in the oil before hand and cook for at least 40 mins... the timing is the key to the right amount of fry!
  • We got one the other day for $157 at an outlet in Cambridge - huge score! So far we've just used it to cook diced turnip and it was way overcooked. Now we know for next time!

But yes, I'll be watching this thread for sure!
  • Huge score!!! Awesome deal!!! They have them at Canuk tire for 250. Boo. Did the turnips overlook mush or crisp??
  • Ok I admit, just like usmc I was hooked when someone mentioned hot wings and chicken strips. So I looked this up online since I'd never heard of it before. Seems like a pretty cool thing to have, not just for IP, but for later on just to make foods healthier. I mean who doesn't miss hot crispy fries?! If I can make them healthier, for the few occassions that I have them, it'd be a big plus.

So if any of you come up with some good recipes, let us know. I found it on Amazon.com for $199 and I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Have a great day you guys!
  • I scored a used one on EBay for $77. It did not have instruction or recipe book, but those are on line. So far I have made fajitas with greenpeppers and onions and jicama fries. Both very good.
  • I think I will use it often. What a great way to cook meats and veggies. It is perfect for stir fry meals. I am sure glad you posted this, Molly, because I was needing the same thing.
  • I just found one on Ebay in White Rock, BC, Canada for those of you not in the States. $125 plus shipping.
  • Quote: Huge score!!! Awesome deal!!! They have them at Canuk tire for 250. Boo. Did the turnips overlook mush or crisp??
    They kind of dehydrated into little chewy clumps. I had put in two cups of diced frozen turnip. I would have turned it off much sooner but the instructions say to try to run it for at least 30 minutes on its first go, so that's how long I left it. I might try it again tonight and do 15 minutes.
  • Has anyone tried chicken wings? I might try with a chicken breast tonight and see what happens.
  • Quote: Has anyone tried chicken wings? I might try with a chicken breast tonight and see what happens.
    I out a shout out for longhorn,meh suggested the chicken finger recipes.