Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #46  

I've joined the Actifry dark side. Insert evil laugh. It's super cool, only made DH and kids boneless dry ribs last night while I enjoyed a salad. I'm away tonight, so tomorrow is Longhorns recipe for buffalo chicken!!! I can't wait to try stuff!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #47  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I've joined the Actifry dark side. Insert evil laugh. It's super cool, only made DH and kids boneless dry ribs last night while I enjoyed a salad. I'm away tonight, so tomorrow is Longhorns recipe for buffalo chicken!!! I can't wait to try stuff!!
Holy Crapola Mom!! Your new pic looks FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!! Wow, great work!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #48  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Can you post what you did for the boneless dry ribs for those of us who feed non-IP people?

Thanks, Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Default Attention - Be extra careful!!

Attention!!

For all of our Actifry owners. Be VERY careful of your paddle. Ours fell out of the dish drainer onto a carpeted floor (unpadded though) and still broke. The only part source is in the UK and of course the exchange rate makes it a bit pricy.

Had to buy one since i really like my Actifry and was using it a lot.

Molly
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #50  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

do you think this would roast cauliflower? I'm researching it to see if there is something we could use.... Is this the same as the nuwave? I haven't used anything like it so I need some input!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #51  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Default found one for $146 shipped!

after reading all your posts I thought this might be a good way to get all my family on a healthy track. So I went looking. Found one for $146 including shipping
here is the link if anybody eles wants one too:

http://homegardenoutdoors.com/produc...ker-White.html

Last edited by warmheart; 09-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Anyone tried jicama in the actifry? Might give that a whirl (har har har) tonight.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

i have a big easy its for outdooors i use it to do turkeys, and brisket. and so on. i love it.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
i have a big easy its for outdooors i use it to do turkeys, and brisket. and so on. i love it.
Big daddy,
First, you have a great photo! Second, more importantly, what type of gadget is as big easy?
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Anyone tried jicama in the actifry? Might give that a whirl (har har har) tonight.
I can't find jicama here!!! Where do you buy yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Can you post what you did for the boneless dry ribs for those of us who feed non-IP people?

Thanks, Molly
Sorry Molly! Didn't see this post! Open bag of purchased frozen ready to bake dry ribs, dump into Actifry and cook. Smart Alec I know.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
I can't find jicama here!!! Where do you buy yours?

Sorry Molly! Didn't see this post! Open bag of purchased frozen ready to bake dry ribs, dump into Actifry and cook. Smart Alec I know.
Thanks. I have just recently seen some recipes on cooking ribs in the Actifry. I didn't grow up with calling them dry ribs. Learned that in Memphis, the barbeque capital of the world. Been gone from Memphis now 17 years, so I thought there was some super fantastic thing for ribs.

As for jicama, all the stores seem to have them here, but this is the south. How many thousands and thousands of miles am I from you. For you to track down jicama in Saskatchewan is like me tracking down rhubarb in rural Georgia. Good luck with it. Rainbow's fried jicama chips are wonderful.

Have a great evening, mompattie

Molly
Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Pattie, I can find jicama all over the place near my house. Metro and Sobeys both have it.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Mom pattie, I found jicama at Superstore in PA.

I still have half left. I didn't like it.

The actifry sounds pretty cool though. Maybe that would help. I tried making fries out of it in the oven. I found them too sweet.
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #59  

Quote:
Thanks. I have just recently seen some recipes on cooking ribs in the Actifry. I didn't grow up with calling them dry ribs. Learned that in Memphis, the barbeque capital of the world. Been gone from Memphis now 17 years, so I thought there was some super fantastic thing for ribs.

As for jicama, all the stores seem to have them here, but this is the south. How many thousands and thousands of miles am I from you. For you to track down jicama in Saskatchewan is like me tracking down rhubarb in rural Georgia. Good luck with it. Rainbow's fried jicama chips are wonderful.

Molly
Oh Molly, you are sooo cute!! We could trade some rhubarb for jicama!! LOL! You're right though, rhubarb literally grows like weeds here!! You made me smile, you are sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Mom pattie, I found jicama at Superstore in PA.

I still have half left. I didn't like it.

The actifry sounds pretty cool though. Maybe that would help. I tried making fries out of it in the oven. I found them too sweet.
Awesome!!! I'm going to PA Thurs so i will stop superstore and find some jicama. Now only if we could find okra... Thanks for the help!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Molly
I can't find it anywhere either.
but before I read Molly's comment I was thinking well at least we can always get rhubarb!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote