Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 272/264/160

Height: 5'4 1/2

I agree, it can be all about creativity with spices and such. There are a lot of the foods I can't deal with, but many I can. I have adjusted the amounts of water a bit and it seems to have helped. For example, the chicken noodle soup I add a bit less water and the maple oatmeal I add a touch more. With the mango drink, I blend it with a bit of ice as I find it very strong. I admit I did quit the diet the first time around but have started again because it's the only diet I felt better on as far as my stomach problems go. Good luck!
puglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #32  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puglife View Post
I agree, it can be all about creativity with spices and such. There are a lot of the foods I can't deal with, but many I can. I have adjusted the amounts of water a bit and it seems to have helped. For example, the chicken noodle soup I add a bit less water and the maple oatmeal I add a touch more. With the mango drink, I blend it with a bit of ice as I find it very strong. I admit I did quit the diet the first time around but have started again because it's the only diet I felt better on as far as my stomach problems go. Good luck!
This is very true. Playing with the amount of water to suit your taste can make a huge difference. I know that I prefer the chocolate drink packet hot with much more water than called for (50-100 ml more), makes it taste like slightly watered down hot cocoa. I did not like it at all before trying that experiment because of its really strong taste. A bit of walden farms syrup can help adjust the taste.
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/209/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Yummy Raspberry-lemonade Pina Colada!

I just happened to make this tonight, I made the pina colada,(which is good by itself), added extra water, and a small addit. of Crystal light, raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, it's the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found yet! Love it! Enjoy.
ShoBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoBan View Post
I just happened to make this tonight, I made the pina colada,(which is good by itself), added extra water, and a small addit. of Crystal light, raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, it's the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found yet! Love it! Enjoy.
I'm totally going to get the piņa colada mix! That sounds great!
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #35  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I stand the food because I'm paying so much for it, and I love melting.
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

I have been doing this five days and have had the same reaction to most of the food. I have kept good notes on what was tolerable and what I just can't take and plan to make a better selection for next week. I feel that some of the sweet things are heavy on the artificial sweeteners and I hate that after taste. Most of the bars are pretty good. I agree with those who have said add veggies and spices. It does help. This is not forever but while it is my reality now I plan to make the best of it. Good luck.
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #37  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsahope View Post
I have been doing this five days and have had the same reaction to most of the food. I have kept good notes on what was tolerable and what I just can't take and plan to make a better selection for next week. I feel that some of the sweet things are heavy on the artificial sweeteners and I hate that after taste. Most of the bars are pretty good. I agree with those who have said add veggies and spices. It does help. This is not forever but while it is my reality now I plan to make the best of it. Good luck.
Just remember to keep track of restricted vs unrestricted stuff - restricted items should only be used once a day unless your coach specifies otherwise in Phase 1. Bars are all restricted (I think that's partially why they are so yummy!!) and the drink mixes are all unrestricted. I believe the puddings are also all unrestricted, and I actually use those as drinks (I prefer the richness over the drink mixes) by using a lot more water and often blending with ice.

Keep experimenting, and look into the ideas others have posted here on how to make other stuff from the packets - I can't STAND the crispy cereal by itself but I am totally addicted to making it into pancakes! (and it's an unrestricted packet!)
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #38  

For the most part, I haven't liked any of the food by itself. I use those packets in some of the recipes found here. But, typically, I stick with the drinks I do like and the bars, love the bars.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoBan View Post
That sounds good, gonna try it!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Just remember to keep track of restricted vs unrestricted stuff - restricted items should only be used once a day unless your coach specifies otherwise in Phase 1. Bars are all restricted (I think that's partially why they are so yummy!!) and the drink mixes are all unrestricted. I believe the puddings are also all unrestricted, and I actually use those as drinks (I prefer the richness over the drink mixes) by using a lot more water and often blending with ice.

Keep experimenting, and look into the ideas others have posted here on how to make other stuff from the packets - I can't STAND the crispy cereal by itself but I am totally addicted to making it into pancakes! (and it's an unrestricted packet!)
I saw that pancake recipe earlier this week and bought the crispy cereal Friday at my WI. I can't wait to try it. I used to enjoy pancakes for dinner in my old pre-IP life.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
I saw that pancake recipe earlier this week and bought the crispy cereal Friday at my WI. I can't wait to try it. I used to enjoy pancakes for dinner in my old pre-IP life.
I was actually surprised, they were pretty good! I made them into mini-pancakes and brought them to work as a snack with a little tub of WF pancake syrup for dipping. I also tried making pancakes out of the Maple Oatmeal - also very good, but that's a restricted packet so I'll do that less often.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

I love to sautee mushrooms and broccoli to put in my mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. I pour the soup into the pan with the veggies until it thickens up. I think it tastes sinful, so it's great to know it's not!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Just got through with the first week myself! I found that I enjoy the drinks more than the soups (except broccoli and cheese which I pour over the entire 2 cups of broccoli yummy!), so I take some of my meat from dinner and have it at lunch with a salad and a IP drink.

I have found that I enjoy the chips more than the bars. More bites per serving and they sure taste great!

The herb omelet is great with a lot of sauteed veggies! And I am hardly hungry anymore, it does get better! Lots of water helps plus my coach lets me have 2 Crystal Lites a day which helps as well. Oh! And a baby dill pickle if I really need something to munch on before a meal.

Hang in there!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 08-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Pilgrimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
ll. And a baby dill pickle if I really need something to munch on before a m,eal.

Hang in there!
Silly question here...but what brand of dill pickle is recommended?
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Scorbett...you meantioned the crispy cereal pancakes, and for the life of me I can't find the recipe. Could you give it to me? Thanks soooo much!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote