Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 07/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-16-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #2  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Ris, thanks for starting the thread, you are looking great! For all that are struggling, please remember that we can only do this one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, you are not alone come here to get a dose of encouragement and inspiration. Together we all will reach our goals!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #3  

Well today is the start of week 2 for me. I did my weigh in yesterday and I'm down 8lbs and 4 in I haven't had any side effects (beside a little nausea on the 2nd day) so I know I'm lucky, but I almost feel like I'm not doing something right or not in ketosis because of this. I figure as long as I'm losing I guess it doesn't really matter. I still haven't be able to find the correct salt. I'll have to order Real salt from their site. I haven't had any salt in 4 or 5 days so almost wondering if I really need it. I know I need the sodium, but wondering if I must be getting enough since it's not bothering me.
I'm going to try and experiment w/ turnips and radishes today!!!! Bake or Fry?
Hope everyone is having a good day so far
Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #4  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. I woke up to the ability to finally create a signature and to another loss of lbs. Today is going to be a great day!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Had my WI last week and down .6 lb. I'll take it! It all adds up. Have to admit, I wasn't drinking the water as I was in situations for several days running where I didn't have a bathroom handy for 3-4 hours at a stretch so had to be careful.

Anyway, I'm way behind on reading the daily chat - hope all have been doing well. If you are finding IP difficult, and you find a few extra minutes/day, try reading Dr Tran's book (last link in intro post for this thread). It explains so much that it makes staying on this diet easier, really. It took me days to read it and it was so helpful. Remember, this diet has a medical basis and when you consider the implications of that, its easier to be OP.

Wishing all of you a great OP day!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Oh, forgot to add, re "Real salt", the IP recommended brand - I bought a 26 oz pouch through Amazon last week for $8.37. Added a book from my wish list and I had free S&H (total was over $25.)

Guttergirl, yes, you need the salt and Real Salt provides extra minerals that are important. Good luck and have a great OP day!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  

I'll try to order the salt today!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #8  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hello friends.

I've changed my weigh-in to Monday morning now that I've ditched my coach. Comparing homescale to homescale I lost 5.2 lbs this week which is AMAZING for a post-menopausal couch potato. My 7 week total is 29 lbs and I can't believe it. 9 inches off my WAIST in that amount of time too.

My husband are laying bets on when the first person to notice will say anything. My experience is that it will be another 20 pounds, but he thinks it will be any day now. Though I did have someone tell me yesterday that my dress looked great on me and I should make more in the same pattern because it was so flattering, so I guess that was close.

I hope all you IPers new and old have a great day and it is the beginning of a great week. I am finally back to full energy (maybe even plus a little), I was surprised that I was still feeling wimpy and dizzy a full month after starting.

Thanks for this great board. It is my motivation and it keeps me going.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #9  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning IP Chicks! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I took it very easy-peasy this weekend as my RA went into an ugly flare starting Friday. I managed to stay 100% OP, which is a breakthrough for me -- usually when a bad flare hits I reach for the bad stuff and plenty of it. NOT THIS TIME!!!

It's going to be very hot this week where I am, so already filling my water bottle plenty -- I think I need a bitter bottle, it goes down too fast these days, lol.

Happy OP day to you all!

~phoenix~
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #10  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I had a terrible dream - I drank a whole 20 oz. Sunkist... I don't even like Sunkist! I woke up terrified that I had cheated. Whew. Nope, just my brain. Everyone have a great Monday!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Ris, thanks for starting the thread, you are looking great! For all that are struggling, please remember that we can only do this one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, you are not alone come here to get a dose of encouragement and inspiration. Together we all will reach our goals!
i hope you had some good quite time over the weekend. I love you sig photo. Awesome smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Good morning everyone. I woke up to the ability to finally create a signature and to another loss of lbs. Today is going to be a great day!
dude is that like a pound a day! Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
Had my WI last week and down .6 lb. I'll take it! It all adds up. Have to admit, I wasn't drinking the water as I was in situations for several days running where I didn't have a bathroom handy for 3-4 hours at a stretch so had to be careful.

Anyway, I'm way behind on reading the daily chat - hope all have been doing well. If you are finding IP difficult, and you find a few extra minutes/day, try reading Dr Tran's book (last link in intro post for this thread). It explains so much that it makes staying on this diet easier, really. It took me days to read it and it was so helpful. Remember, this diet has a medical basis and when you consider the implications of that, its easier to be OP.

Wishing all of you a great OP day!
I've skimmed it. I'm going to read it.

From yesterday.

Beck

Thank you I'm going to buy the little ice cream maker. I read a bunch of reviews too. Amazon has an excellent return policy so if the bowls break I am confident I can get them swapped out.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning Chicks! The weekend was way too short, but I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks at my WI. Happiness is 2 pounds from the halfway mark!!! Decided to stay with my current clinic, tough decision, but I like the coaching.
Stay safe all.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #13  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone,

It's the dreaded Monday morning and I am soooo feeling it. I woke up at 1am to find my 7 year old playing games on the laptop in my bed, lol. So I am definitely feeling a little sleepy this morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I lurked the boards yesterday and some the day before but I didnt post.

BIG HUGE CONGRATS to all the losers over the weekend and also to everyone that stayed OP. I stayed OP but the scale isnt moving still. WI is tomorrow so if I stay the same, so be it. I should have a good loss the following week then right?

Last night was the very first time I ate salmon. I bought some and wanted to try it. When I opened up the package I was a little grossed out to see the scales still on the other side. I really seriously thought about throwing it away but I didnt. I cooked it in the oven. When it was done, I just turned it over and peeled all the scales off (which came off very easily) and it was absolutely delicious. My son even liked it and he's kind of picky, my hubby didnt care for it too much. Next time I get some I think we'll put it on the grill. I heard it was good that way.

Another hot one today. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning!

I am a newbie with IP, just started on Saturday. So far so good, except I must not have added enough water to my omelet because seemed grainy today, oh well. I look forward to hearing your recipe ideas! have a great day!

Christine
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #15  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning!

I am a newbie with IP, just started on Saturday. So far so good, except I must not have added enough water to my omelet because seemed grainy today, oh well. I look forward to hearing your recipe ideas! have a great day!

Christine
Welcome aboard! Can't help you with the omelet issue, as I use alternative products, but just wanted to say welcome to the support board on the internet!
Closed Thread