3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Mexico trip update! Stayed on plan-sorta! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262868-mexico-trip-update-stayed-plan-sorta.html)

ChileheadKen 07-14-2012 11:14 PM

Mexico trip update! Stayed on plan-sorta!

Well, my week in Mexico serving with a medical mission team was a great success- and I was able to stay on plan! No cheats, even though the home made tortillas, dulce de leche, mole' sauce, etc etc etc were all around! Well, I ate a few dried and spiced crickets, and not sure if they were on plan, so that may have been a cheat!! LOL I was in Cholula and Puebla, Mexico, at 7000 feet. Drank more than a gallon of water a day!!!

The cultural aspect was an issue at first. Our Mexican host church fixed our lunches daily, and I felt I was insulting them by refusing their food. But I explained it was for health reasons for me to lose weight and the next day out came lettuce (washed and disenfected) and plain roasted chicken breast! They were so accomodating and wanting to make sure I had what I could eat. I ended up doing a variation of phase 2 since I was in the position where I had to eat 2 meals. I just split the protein 3-4 oz at lunch and 3-4 ounces at dinner and cut out the lunch IP packet.
My problem was very few veggies! My coach recommended canned and jarred veggies, but you don't find canned spinach, etc there. and their pickles, dill or otherwise, had sugar. So I ate canned jalapeno's as my staple veggie, with a couple of exceptions. didn't do much to help my regularity, but that's okay.
So....drumroll.......by my scale at home, I lost 8.5 pounds while out of country!!!! :carrot: Not too shabby!!!
Thanks for those that gave me good advice before I left!!!! :flame:

Bdmom 07-14-2012 11:16 PM

That's great!!!!! And, I don't think that the crickets would be cheating. Still proteinish.

ChileheadKen 07-14-2012 11:23 PM

BdMom, losing 5 pounds while on vacation is awesome!! Good for you!!! I have business travel to Chicago this week , and Chicago deep dish will be my challenge!! But I'm in it to win it and focused!! LOL Thanks for the encouragement!!
PS: I agree about the crickets! ;)

patns 07-14-2012 11:30 PM

Wow that is incredible!
PS: don't tell too many people about the crickets they would likely get added to the Phase 1 sheet:barf:.

ChileheadKen 07-14-2012 11:50 PM

Yea, patns, I don't think the crickets would be a very popular addition! But could be a popcorn substitute!!! LOLOL!!!

usmcvet 07-15-2012 09:34 AM

Excellent. It must have been a gratifying trip/mission too.

ChileheadKen 07-15-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4405532)
Excellent. It must have been a gratifying trip/mission too.

Thanks usmcvet! It was an extremely gratifying and successful mission. 2 medical clinics, a dental clinic and eyeglass clinic, church construction, and vacation bible schools in 3 locations. 75 people from La. and Ark. and a host of wonderful people from our host Mexican churches! it was a great week doing the Lord's work, for sure! And 400+ people making some sort of decision for the Lord! Wonderful week!!!!!

Ishbel 07-15-2012 02:44 PM

Wow! Well done on staying focused! You're an inspiration!! Although I do agree with patns about the crickets lol!