Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #31  
Started IP 6/9/12

S/C/G: 165/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Had my 4th WI today. I'm down a total of 13.8 pounds! I was hoping for more in the first month but I'm very happy and continuing to move forward. My goal for next WI is to be in the 140s. Its been so long since ive seen those numbers on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Last edited by efwilli; 07-14-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #32  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locastella View Post
Down 5.6 more pounds and 12 inches in two weeks

Thats 12.2 pounds and 17 inches in three weeks, this is amazing ))
Woo Hoo!!!! Way to go!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locastella View Post
Thats 12.2 pounds and 17 inches in three weeks, this is amazing ))

Someone asked about ketosis? I think the answer is it takes 3-14 days. I have some ketostix, but they don't do much. But when my urine smells like vitamins and I didn't just take them and when I have BO, I figure I'm in fat burning mode. And I apply more deodorant.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #34  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Had my WI #5 yesterday. Down another 2.2 this week. So down a total of 11 pounds since I started the program :-D Rewarded myself with a new pandora charm
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by efwilli View Post
Had my 4th WI today. I'm down a total of 13.8 pounds! I was hoping for more in the first month but I'm very happy and continuing to move forward. My goal for next WI is to be in the 140s. Its been so long since ive seen those numbers on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Awesome Those numbers we haven't seen since forever are sooo nice. And just think about it. You lost almost 14 pounds in one month, imagine how bad you would feel if you gained that and make sure you feel just as high a degree of good!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Slackers, its 10:35!

Just had my first Saturday WI down 9 in 2 weeks I'm now at 354.
Yahoo, vet. I see that you are really close to half way. That is so exciting. I'm rooting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
I made a great snack last night. I took one cup of frozen rhubarb and microwaved until mushy, added it to my magic bullet with NY cheesecake pudding (healthsmart or any pudding would do) and heaping tsp of WF caramel dip and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy!
Super sounding recipe. I just got some more rhubatb today and will try it soon.

I had an interesting morning. I have a friend I only see about once a month. She is currently larger than I was when I started. She is diabetic and I'm trying to show her where the alternate phase 1 plan could work for her. She's convinced she could never diet.

Anyway, we picked up a good friend of hers from Florida who will be staying with her for a month. This lady is even larger than my friend. She is disabled and very verbally abused by her husband. Plus, he doesn't let her out of the house nor let her have any supplements nor decent meals (he does all of the cooking). She is suffering nutritionally and is very emotionally dependent on food (a lot of us know all about that).

The point I'm trying to make is, I guess since I've been on the program now for 6 months and have dealt with my own emotional dependence on food, it stuck out like a sore thumb seeing that behavior in others. It was so sad to see that the only time she smiled was when she was eating something and of course, it was carb, calorie, and fat laden. My friend has been collecting up extra supplements for her and hopes to get her outside to get some vitamin D. I realize now how sad it is to see food dependence, but it's harder in to see it in people who are in a situation emotionally they can't do much with.

Anyway, I just had to talk about this. It has really hit me hard, but has helped reinforce what I'm doing and why.

Have a great weekend. Stay OP. Don't be tempted. Come her to the forum for reinforcement.

Molly
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #37  
I will get there!

S/C/G: 213/177/145

Height: 5'5

Just got back from a 5 day holiday. Things went great! Brought my ID proteins with me. Thought it would be hard but I managed fine! Down 38 with 24 to go!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up Thank you for all your support!

Im reposting this from last nights thread.

Usmcvet thank you! I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing so well!!!

Drakegirl you can do this! I'm wishing the whoosh fairy to you!!

Kaypix sometimes it's that I'm hungry, most of the time it's that I am busy. I have a high stress job and a very busy home life.
Thanks for the info on the peanuts, that helps a lot.

Chloe222 thank you for treating me like I'm one of your family! I have thought seriously about that.

Rainbowsmiles thank you! You are always so supportive and sweet! I was literally breathing like you told me when I read your post lol

Lotusflowerbomb thank you so much for your encouragement
I have definitely been pre-planning my meals (the night before) some nights when it is midnight and I have to be up at six I just can't seem to push myself to do so. I wish I could say that things slow down a little on the weekends... But they don't.
I confess I have been eating some plain nuts myself, I understand exactly what you mean about wanting them when you don't get your oils in!

Evepet I'm going to try drinking tea when I have a bar! Never would have thought of that, thanks!

Wuvthank you! that is what I tell myself when I am feeling really guilty

Samba it really helps to know that I am not the only one that struggles with this. Like Wuv said at least it is an IP product and not a candy bar or something!

Julied31 thank you for the encouragement it helps me to have the support

Mooselover thanks! I'm glad your visit with your family was fun!

Patns thank you for the encouragement
Getting off schedule is probably a big part of the problem, along with the fact that my schedule has recently gotten extremely hectic and I haven't found my balance back yet.
Do you know if it is ok to have more than one restricted in maintenance if you need to?

delgen thank you!
I am happy to say that I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.2 pounds so I don't think I knocked myself out of ketosis! YEAY!!

Bttrhalf did you see a different coach the last time? I have seen different ones and they pull the tape at different amounts.

Unwaver1ng thank you for this post I used your advice today!

Last edited by Stefany1769; 07-14-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Oh so hot here. I am bummed that I can not bear to go outside! Having dinner tonight with my friend though.

I am on my first week back OP. things seem to be happening. The last few pounds are tough for me to budge!

I just watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on the Internet. I love inspiring stories. It reminded me to keep on going to goal! I loved what Joe said, "I did the crime and have to do the time". No way around it! I can't wait to see "May I Be Frank".

I was with friends at a dog show while on IP and they stopped for burgers. One expressed concern that I could not have the food. I told her to think nothing of it, because I don't. I have not denied myself many foods for decades! For heaven's sakes it doesn't 't hurt to do that now! I did the crime for most of my life! Really, not missing my Lipitor, Metformin or Glypizide either! It is amazing what can happen to our body if we will get out of the way and stop insulting the system with our food choices! I also looking forward to a life of healthy eating from here on. Ha! I spent 50 years learning how NOT to eat! Oh bother.

Last edited by Samba; 07-14-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #40  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Had my WI #5 yesterday. Down another 2.2 this week. So down a total of 11 pounds since I started the program :-D Rewarded myself with a new pandora charm
Thanks Jmuroff1 for the idea. Congrats on the 2.2 lbs lost as well - hooray! I was needing some sort of goal markers or something to go with the goals I set last night (I posted about that in the Friday chat late last night). My bracelet has few charms right now, and I have plenty of goals that will help achieve charms to fill it up with meaningful mementos.
Barb
Old 07-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Looking for Scale Recommendations

Hey IPeeps! Anyone have a recommendation for a scale? I have been looking at the Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale. Anyone have any experience with this one? Or another one that you really like (or really don't like)?

Thanks for your input!!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 258/198.8/165

Height: 5'10

Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards and on day 4 of IP. I'm so inspired/encouraged by all of the fabulous success stories here -- still figuring out the website - a little tricky. I have a questiona about sweetners. Is there a limit to the amount of splenda/stevia you can use per day? Is 0 carb, 0 sugar, o calorie drink mix sweetened with splenda ok or do you need to limit it like Crystal Light. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 258/198.8/165

Height: 5'10

oops -- sorry. I just visited the "newbie" q&a and realized that I was not supposed to ask questions here. I'll search for the info instead. Enjoy the weekend!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I had my weigh in this morning, I lost 3.8 this week. I attribute it to drinking to my thirst instead of following my clinic's arbitrary limit.
I enjoy reading everyone's posts everyday even if I don't post. Thank you for all of your support.
Great loss!!!

Quote:
You are such an awesome LOSER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol
LOL I so know what you mean here

Quote:
I need tO buy some rock salt or may ey one of those little ice cream machines at Walmart to make some IP ice cream.
Oh yes definitely worth spending the money for an ice cream maker!!
Quote:
Little bummer today at WI. The CC machine was down. And I took the HSA checks out of my checkbook a few weeks ago. I think I've used like three in three years. I use my Health Savings Account money to pay for my food. I didn't have the cash on hand so no food this week, or last because of vacation. But I still have plenty of IP food and a few alternatives too. Time to order from Julian Bakery again. I bought five or six loave of bread, I'm on the alternate P1 plan and I have toast every other day. I ordered four loaves of the zero bread, yuck. Tastes like cardboard. The 3&4 net carb bread taste much better, I had the sourdough yesterday. I also ordered Quest bars from them. A huge bonus is they don't melt in my truck they get warm but no melting in the heat and they are more filling and taste great. I know IP doesn't buy into the net carb thing but the extra fiber can't hurt. Anyone in my area want 1 or 3 frozen/fresh net zero loaves of bread?
Since you have posted about the quest bars a few times I have checked them out and I will be ordering soon and using them while in maintenanc. Thanks!! I am sorry you had a rough time at your WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
6 more pounds gone- forever!!Love going to weigh in with my coach- She's a dream! Everyone have a great weekend.
Oh- I finally am below 30 on the BMI scale too. Whoot!
WOWWWW!!! That is an awesome loss, way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
I have been trying lots of new things since the Fun with packets was posted. Thank you for doing that. I have been really enjoying the cereal pancakes, Yesterday I had rhubarb, made from frozen and today I made the oatmeal rhubarb crisp to have for a snack and veggie maybe for a late lunch. I tried jicama fries and really liked them. I bought two turnips, will bake one in the micro and have a "baked Potato" with the turkey beef meatloaf I plan to make later. I was having huge problems staying OP- eating extra bars. My coach and I parted ways this week and I am going to try going it alone for 2 weeks. If I do not lose I can always go to a different clinic. There are 2 more in the area and one is closer than the one I have been going to. They just wanted your money and were giving me lectures because they knew I was buying extra things on line. When they do not have what you want, what is one to do?
I comitted to being 100% OP and think that plus all the support from all of you really helps. I guess I need to find more to do other than be on computer and TV and maybe that would help. Got in this bad habit after knee injury. Now I shy away from social activity because I am not sure I can face the food issues. I did vacation for three weeks and lost 4 pounds, so I should just accept that I can do it and grab another water instead of an extra bar. Thank you all again for all the support.
I can really relate to you here, I just posted yesterday about having a problem eating to many bars. There were a lot of really helpful suggestions, check out the IP daily chat Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efwilli View Post
You are doing great!! Good job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Great loss!!!!

Molly It is sad that we see people like this, and it does hurt to see people suffer. They are lucky to have a friend like you around. It is great that it has helped you to re-afirm (sp) what you have been and are doing right now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellby View Post
Just got back from a 5 day holiday. Things went great! Brought my ID proteins with me. Thought it would be hard but I managed fine! Down 38 with 24 to go!
WOOOHOOO!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Hi all, its been a busy weekend. One of my DD's & family moved in with us today. They are selling their condo and expecting to leave in a month for a job in England. We will sooo visit them! I spent the morning cleaning all the kitchen cabinets. Its good to get something accomplished.
Anyway, lots to do today, but I started with a WI, and lost 5 pounds over 2 weeks. (Last week I was in Atlanta for a family wedding.)
I was pretty happy about that!! only 2 more pounds and I will be halfway to my goal. SWEET!
Closed Thread