Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
...even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???
I agree with you - on this! I'm guessing (for me) it's because of the loss of fat and not muscle - when I counted calories a few years ago, it felt like it took me forever to drop a size. I'm only down 11 lbs, but some of my clothes alrady fit infinitely better (blouses are looser around the chest, my skinny jeans are less suffocating, etc..).
Old 07-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I just need to say try your "too small" clothes on now. I just tried a pair of capris on and they are too big! Yay, but too bad.

Just packed my lunch fot this birthday party, have an RTD shake and cukes. Just had 2 egg whites to hold me over. Actually, I find that I loose better if I have the egg whites each day.

Every one is doing so well on program! You all are so inspiring to me.

Have a great day!
Have fun at your party! I found that I lost better eating egg whites too! I have started eating 2 egg whites with grn peppers and mushrooms as soon as I get up in morning (6:30) and then eating my 1st IP packet at 9 at work. I stopped for a while thinking maybe I would lose more but my losses became smaller. I started back on egg whites and losses are going back up. I think I am needing more protein because I am so busy with my kids during the day.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Aaargh....the Sunday cleaning crew threw my lunch away. Usually, they throw everything out of the fridge after 6, but not today!!

*sigh* Bye bye chocolate RTD.....
Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Have fun at your party! I found that I lost better eating egg whites too! I have started eating 2 egg whites with grn peppers and mushrooms as soon as I get up in morning (6:30) and then eating my 1st IP packet at 9 at work. I stopped for a while thinking maybe I would lose more but my losses became smaller. I started back on egg whites and losses are going back up. I think I am needing more protein because I am so busy with my kids during the day.
there must be something to the egg white thing, I have noticed the same thing. I have had eggs two times so far (I have only been on this 4 weeks) but both times that I had the eggs, the next day I had a significant drop the next day. I a glad you posted this, I thought it was mu imagination
Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #110  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I've been having egg whites as my mid-Morning snack. I ave my 1st shake at 7 and then around 10:30 I get hungry so I have my egg whites, and lunch around noon.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #111  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Aaargh....the Sunday cleaning crew threw my lunch away. Usually, they throw everything out of the fridge after 6, but not today!!

That sucks.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Really enjoying reading all the posts and learning a lot. I am a newbie and first post. I am so impressed with IP diet. Unbelievable 11 lb weight loss in two weeks.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #113  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Really enjoying reading all the posts and learning a lot. I am a newbie and first post. I am so impressed with IP diet. Unbelievable 11 lb weight loss in two weeks.

We're glad you found this forum. It will help you with your journey. Please get addicted to it and read it every day and please don't be afraid to ask questions, vent when needed, and enjoy.

Sounds like your weight loss is working for you.

Molly
Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I just need to say try your "too small" clothes on now. I just tried a pair of capris on and they are too big! Yay, but too bad.

Just packed my lunch fot this birthday party, have an RTD shake and cukes. Just had 2 egg whites to hold me over. Actually, I find that I loose better if I have the egg whites each day.

Every one is doing so well on program! You all are so inspiring to me.

Have a great day!
My coach said that the two egg whites should not be considered an "extra" but a necessity.

She said they were an excellent souce of protein with no fat or carbs. This makes the proram much easier with all the things you can do with the packets if you use egg whites.

I hope the party was fun.

Last edited by patns; 07-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Oh no!!! That is awful. I would sit down and cry!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Happy Birthday KathrynRose, mine is on Tuesday.

I"ll be having Strawberry Angel Food Cake to celebrate

Recipe

2 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp splenda (optional)
1 IP pudding packet, I use strawberry
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp strawberry or other extract.

Preheat oven to 350 and Grease 6 inch pan. Beat egg whites, tartar and splenda until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl AFTER the whites are beaten, mix pudding packet, water and extract. Work quickly to fold the pudding into the egg whites before the pudding sets. Plop (too thick to pour) into pan and smooth top.

Bake for 25 minutes, it will puff and look gorgeous, but then fall and look disappointing. It will stay about 1 inch thick and have the texture of angel food cake. I like to top with WF strawberry syrup.

Makes 1 ENORMOUS serving. Yum. Yum.
this sound amazing going to try it soon.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #117  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmd09 View Post
Hi! I'm new too, on day #4, and veggies are definitely hard, even though I like them more than lots of people. On my day#1, I tried to eat 2 cups of sliced raw red bell pepper....never again! LOL. It tasted a little better mixed in with my leek soup packet, even though it was raw. But mushrooms are on the list, and I typically saute them with olive oil spray, sea salt, poultry seasoning, and apple cider vinegar. Because 4 cups raw veggies a day is a bit much to get used to, and I like warm meals!
Hi lcm! I dice red and green peppers small and saute them with the mushrooms and fresh garlic, s & p. Then I put that into the soups. It's great in the leek soup, the chicken soup, and even in the broc cheese soup (without the mushrooms). Warm meals are good. They really fill you up.

Quote:

Ahhh!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! My WI #5 is tomorrow!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

We're glad you found this forum. It will help you with your journey. Please get addicted to it and read it every day and please don't be afraid to ask questions, vent when needed, and enjoy.

Sounds like your weight loss is working for you.

Molly
Hi Molly!! I just wanted to tell you I think you are amazing!!! You have been such a source of inspiration and I look forward to your helpful posts!!! Your success shows us all what commitment and making the right choices are all about!!! I think you are doing an amazing job!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #119  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyLou View Post
Hello! Today is my day one and I'm struggling with the veggies. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm very worried I'll fail this just like the past attempts to lose. One step at a time, that's what I'm focused on. Dinner is coming up, time to see what happens. I'm hopeful that my story will be similar to those of you on this board that I see succeeding. :-)
Welcome! I think one of the keys is to be willing to try things you haven't before. I had never had turnips and they have become a new favorite. Also, raw beggies with a dressing made from EVOO, vinegar and splenda gives them a refreshing twist. I think I eat 2 cauliflower heads a week this way. Also, given a little time, your tastes will change. Hang in there....it's a wonderful program and works if you stick to it.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #120  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Ugh no. So I kinda cheated. It wasn't like a carb binge or anything but I definitely ate more than I should have this weekend. I had cheese, a lot of egg whites, some butter and the worst is a pretty big amount of almonds. For some reason I thought they were a lot lower in carbs but now I realize today was terrible. The old me just got out there for a moment and I could not stop eating, like literally, I couldn't, I probably had over a cup of shaved almonds of more, which is like 30 carbs AND I had a 4th packet. I barely had any meat though, just a few pieces of fish and I didn't have veggies at all today. What a mess. I think I'm still under 100g of carbs today, at least, which I think might not make me gain, or at least not much.

I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow because I know it'll only make things worse since it'll kill me if I gained. I'll wait until next Monday and this week I'm being completely 100% OP, no excuses. I need to be at 118 by next Monday and if I'm strict enough I can do it.

Please don't judge me, I know I shouldn't have done this and it's killing me. But I need to move forward and keep a positive attitude or I won't lose the rest of this weight.

At least I restrained myself since usually when I cheat on a diet, I end up saying, "ugh whatever I'll just ruin the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow" and this time while I did eat badly, I could be eating the rest of what's in the kitchen right now, as it usually would be. I'd be eating bread, cookies, pasta, etc and I'm not even considering it. The idea is scary to me.
Closed Thread