IP Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday July 14 & 15

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Hello! Today is my day one and I'm struggling with the veggies. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm very worried I'll fail this just like the past attempts to lose. One step at a time, that's what I'm focused on. Dinner is coming up, time to see what happens. I'm hopeful that my story will be similar to those of you on this board that I see succeeding. :-)
    Just hang in there. Give it a chance. I am in my 4th week and am just going with the flow. Somewhere along the line, I have just stopped obsessing about food and when it's time for a drink, veggies, protein etc...I just do it. It's actually a very freeing experience...Just let all that bad brain talk go...You can do this
  • Quote: Onderland. Sweet!
    I guess I'm going to have to try the Kale chips, I read a lot about people liking them....Vermont, my neighbor's mom lives in Wisconsin and says the same thing...hot, hot, hot. I'm in Washington state and I am happy to say that Summer has finally arrived.
  • I just need to say try your "too small" clothes on now. I just tried a pair of capris on and they are too big! Yay, but too bad.

Just packed my lunch fot this birthday party, have an RTD shake and cukes. Just had 2 egg whites to hold me over. Actually, I find that I loose better if I have the egg whites each day.

Every one is doing so well on program! You all are so inspiring to me.

Have a great day!
  • I am planning to make jicama fries in the actifry. How long should I cook them?
    Another hot day here in south TX. in the 90s already.
  • Quote: I guess I'm going to have to try the Kale chips, I read a lot about people liking them....Vermont, my neighbor's mom lives in Wisconsin and says the same thing...hot, hot, hot. I'm in Washington state and I am happy to say that Summer has finally arrived.
    ooooh TRY THEM!!!

the first time i made them....i felt like i was eating autumn leaves that were still green!! haha i dont like kale!! cooked like greens. but i made them again....and i liked them a little better. now, 11 weeks later, they are one of my favorites!!!! FAVORITES!!!!!!! it still amazes me that i get to count them as my veggies as they just seem toooo good to be that!! salty, crispy goodness!!!! I LOVE KALE CHIPS!!!!!!!

TRY THEM AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES before you make a final decision!!

if i had not made them the 2nd and 3rd time i might not be eating them now...as i type! hahaha
  • Quote: I guess I'm going to have to try the Kale chips, I read a lot about people liking them....Vermont, my neighbor's mom lives in Wisconsin and says the same thing...hot, hot, hot. I'm in Washington state and I am happy to say that Summer has finally arrived.
    You must be on the east side, then, because it looks like early spring again today, on the west side anyway. I'm ready for some serious sun!

Hi all. I'm feelng a bit discouraged because I can't seem to get into the 100's. I've been on plan, but I seem to be a bit stalled. I'm totally thrilled with my loss of 66 pounds in 4 months, but it's still only halfway for me. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope to nevereverever see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again.

So, what veggies are the most diuretic? I think I might be retaining water from going out to eat the other day. (By the way, I found that Anthony's Home Port made it relatively easy to stay OP.) I just think I will be so discouraged tomorrow if I do not make it to onederland. I've been hoping to be there for 3 weeks!

I think this mope-y girl should go for a walk or turn on some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQddXNylIo&feature=fvst and get moving!
  • Actually live on the west side, but Hey, even though we've had some rain, thunder showers, at least it's warm...sigh, these clouds will burn off this afternoon.

On another subject, I have yo-yo dieted for millions of years. So, yes I have lost weight. But with IP, even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???
  • I am only 2 lbs away from the "100"s" and can't wait for that. All of a sudden my pants are way to big, time to go to the closet looking for the next size down. Maybe a trip to local consignment shops tomorrow. I am hoping to be in a size 12 by early fall, now in a tight 14 very loose 16. Lov this progam.
  • Do I have to copy and paste the weight ticker everytime? ...or is there a way to make it permanent?

• Quote: Actually live on the west side, but Hey, even though we've had some rain, thunder showers, at least it's warm...sigh, these clouds will burn off this afternoon.

On another subject, I have yo-yo dieted for millions of years. So, yes I have lost weight. But with IP, even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???
    You are right. I shouldn't complain; I think my mood is a bit off this morning!

I can't believe how great this weight loss is. I reallyreallyreally can't believe that I can stop shopping in the "women's" section. There is so much more selection in the regular sizes!
  • Quote: Do I have to copy and paste the weight ticker everytime? ...or is there a way to make it permanent?

You get a permanent ticker after twenty days of being a member (and twenty posts, but you have that covered.)
  • Quote: Just hang in there. Give it a chance. I am in my 4th week and am just going with the flow. Somewhere along the line, I have just stopped obsessing about food and when it's time for a drink, veggies, protein etc...I just do it. It's actually a very freeing experience...Just let all that bad brain talk go...You can do this
    I'm glad you said that, I'm on day 5 and that is what I'm working on doing, just going with it. IP has by far been the easiest plan I have ever done, and I have done a lot!! I have really only felt hungier pains a couple of times, and that was close to time to eat. It is nice not to sit and look at the clock counting down til time to eat.
  • Quote: You must be on the east side, then, because it looks like early spring again today, on the west side anyway. I'm ready for some serious sun!

Hi all. I'm feelng a bit discouraged because I can't seem to get into the 100's. I've been on plan, but I seem to be a bit stalled. I'm totally thrilled with my loss of 66 pounds in 4 months, but it's still only halfway for me. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope to nevereverever see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again.

So, what veggies are the most diuretic? I think I might be retaining water from going out to eat the other day. (By the way, I found that Anthony's Home Port made it relatively easy to stay OP.) I just think I will be so discouraged tomorrow if I do not make it to onederland. I've been hoping to be there for 3 weeks!

I think this mope-y girl should go for a walk or turn on some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQddXNylIo&feature=fvst and get moving!
    I Hear you on ONEderland....I weigh in on Tuesday and am hoping to see a "1" as the first number for the first time in a lot of years , I'm weighing in every two weeks for now so we'll see....and I'm waiting for some consistent summer here in Western Washington also..., good luck on weigh in tomorrow
  • Oh,oh..I too learned to love those wispy crispy kale chips! A bit of salt and I feel like I am eating a chip snack now. Plus, they are so good for you.

Salad is chilling in the fridge for lunch. I need to cut up some okra. I have gotten used to it cooked in a skillet with a bit of oil until crispy. I first thought I couldn't do it minus that traditional breading on it. But, now it is yummy to me.

We got the lawn mowed and are now hunkered down inside through the heat of the day. Doggers all sleeping. I am trying to grow hair on my show dog in this heat. She is in the air conditioning with a fan on her too. I hope it works!
  • Quote: Hello! Today is my day one and I'm struggling with the veggies. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm very worried I'll fail this just like the past attempts to lose. One step at a time, that's what I'm focused on. Dinner is coming up, time to see what happens. I'm hopeful that my story will be similar to those of you on this board that I see succeeding. :-)
    Hi! I'm new too, on day #4, and veggies are definitely hard, even though I like them more than lots of people. On my day#1, I tried to eat 2 cups of sliced raw red bell pepper....never again! LOL. It tasted a little better mixed in with my leek soup packet, even though it was raw. But mushrooms are on the list, and I typically saute them with olive oil spray, sea salt, poultry seasoning, and apple cider vinegar. Grilled asparagus is really tasty too, and you can saute the spinach with garlic, olives oil, a little water, sea salt, and pepper too if you need another idea. Because 4 cups raw veggies a day is a bit much to get used to, and I like warm meals! But good luck to you, and don't get discouraged. Day #1 was the hardest for me so far...spent the day in a caffeine withdrawal stupor LOL. And remember, as you're losing the weight, you'll be thanking those veggies