3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday July 14 & 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262837-ip-daily-chat-saturday-sunday-july-14-15-a.html)

Beck81 07-14-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathrynRose (Post 4404890)
I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.

Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and make yourself some muffins for your cake!

GrandmaKiss 07-14-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathrynRose (Post 4404890)
I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.

Happy Birthday KathrynRose, mine is on Tuesday.

I"ll be having Strawberry Angel Food Cake to celebrate

Recipe

2 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp splenda (optional)
1 IP pudding packet, I use strawberry
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp strawberry or other extract.

Preheat oven to 350 and Grease 6 inch pan. Beat egg whites, tartar and splenda until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl AFTER the whites are beaten, mix pudding packet, water and extract. Work quickly to fold the pudding into the egg whites before the pudding sets. Plop (too thick to pour) into pan and smooth top.

Bake for 25 minutes, it will puff and look gorgeous, but then fall and look disappointing. It will stay about 1 inch thick and have the texture of angel food cake. I like to top with WF strawberry syrup.

Makes 1 ENORMOUS serving. Yum. Yum.

locopollo 07-14-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4404923)
When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol ;)

:lol: I am going to try to make ice cream later today. I was going to try it for breakfast, but I thought I needed more for breakfast so I had the wildberry yogurt with spinach and a couple ice cubes blended. Yum.

Went out with friends last night. Had chopped salad with steak and the dressing on the side. It was a red wine vinegrette dressing, and what spilled out of the container when they carried it to me was plenty. Just a tad. It had just a couple crumbles of gorgonzola cheese. OMG, what a lovely cheat. :D

I drank so much water, I swear I was up every hour to use the loo! But I did it and the scale rewarded me this morning. :carrot: I am hoping for a three pound loss this week for my third weigh-in. :D I got down to this weight last summer, but it took a lot longer than 16 days. Then I went on vacation and that was the end of that diet. :dizzy:

usmcvet 07-14-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4404923)
When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol ;)

I need tO buy some rock salt or may ey one of those little ice cream machines at Walmart to make some IP ice cream.

usmcvet 07-14-2012 02:14 PM

Little bummer today at WI. The CC machine was down. And I took the HSA checks out of my checkbook a few weeks ago. I think I've used like three in three years. I use my Health Savings Account money to pay for my food. I didn't have the cash on hand so no food this week, or last because of vacation. But I still have plenty of IP food and a few alternatives too. Time to order from Julian Bakery again. I bought five or six loave of bread, I'm on the alternate P1 plan and I have toast every other day. I ordered four loaves of the zero bread, yuck. Tastes like cardboard. The 3&4 net carb bread taste much better, I had the sourdough yesterday. I also ordered Quest bars from them. A huge bonus is they don't melt in my truck they get warm but no melting in the heat and they are more filling and taste great. I know IP doesn't buy into the net carb thing but the extra fiber can't hurt. Anyone in my area want 1 or 3 frozen/fresh net zero loaves of bread?

locopollo 07-14-2012 02:19 PM

That's a bummer vet! I have been stockpiling IP food packets so that I have some variety. I need to NOT buy five boxes next WI. I have some potato puree I've not tried before, but I read here about mixing it with shredded zucchini and that sounds good. Also going to try the ice cream. And I got the crispy cereal to try the waffle, but first I need to buy eggwhites. I think I have WF syrup, but I could be wrong about that.

Heading to Walmart later today. I wonder if they have WF? In my area, I've just found one Albertson's that does.

doublebaby 07-14-2012 02:24 PM

6 more pounds gone- forever!!Love going to weigh in with my coach- She's a dream! Everyone have a great weekend.:)
Oh- I finally am below 30 on the BMI scale too. Whoot!

Beck81 07-14-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4404979)
Little bummer today at WI. The CC machine was down. And I took the HSA checks out of my checkbook a few weeks ago. I think I've used like three in three years. I use my Health Savings Account money to pay for my food. I didn't have the cash on hand so no food this week, or last because of vacation. But I still have plenty of IP food and a few alternatives too. Time to order from Julian Bakery again. I bought five or six loave of bread, I'm on the alternate P1 plan and I have toast every other day. I ordered four loaves of the zero bread, yuck. Tastes like cardboard. The 3&4 net carb bread taste much better, I had the sourdough yesterday. I also ordered Quest bars from them. A huge bonus is they don't melt in my truck they get warm but no melting in the heat and they are more filling and taste great. I know IP doesn't buy into the net carb thing but the extra fiber can't hurt. Anyone in my area want 1 or 3 frozen/fresh net zero loaves of bread?

Vet, you use your HSA to pay for your food? I didn't know if would be considered a medical expense. Have you checked into it?

GrandmaKiss 07-14-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Special Foods and Beverages even if prescribed by a doctor and Weight loss programs have been declared by the IRS as non-deductible. You better check with a tax expert before using your HSA for these products or you could face an audit. For your safety do NOT believe what your health professional/coach tells you they know all about weight but nothing about taxes. If you think **** hath no fury like a woman scorned, wait until Uncle Sam gets you in his sights.

KathrynRose 07-14-2012 02:47 PM

Yum, the strawberry shortcake sound delicious.

jcjnjj 07-14-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read this...we can use our HSA accounts for the food? I would love that! Did you get a pre-approval for this or anything?

athebeach 07-14-2012 03:08 PM

I have been trying lots of new things since the Fun with packets was posted. Thank you for doing that. I have been really enjoying the cereal pancakes, Yesterday I had rhubarb, made from frozen and today I made the oatmeal rhubarb crisp to have for a snack and veggie maybe for a late lunch. I tried jicama fries and really liked them. I bought two turnips, will bake one in the micro and have a "baked Potato" with the turkey beef meatloaf I plan to make later. I was having huge problems staying OP- eating extra bars. My coach and I parted ways this week and I am going to try going it alone for 2 weeks. If I do not lose I can always go to a different clinic. There are 2 more in the area and one is closer than the one I have been going to. They just wanted your money and were giving me lectures because they knew I was buying extra things on line. When they do not have what you want, what is one to do?
I comitted to being 100% OP and think that plus all the support from all of you really helps. I guess I need to find more to do other than be on computer and TV and maybe that would help. Got in this bad habit after knee injury. Now I shy away from social activity because I am not sure I can face the food issues. I did vacation for three weeks and lost 4 pounds, so I should just accept that I can do it and grab another water instead of an extra bar. Thank you all again for all the support.

usmcvet 07-14-2012 03:13 PM

At Ice Age4 with the wife and kiddies.

Porthardygurl 07-14-2012 03:23 PM

Good Afternoon All..

Looks like summer has arrived..yay! Cant wait to get out to the lake!!!
Finally the family has all left and now we just have a messy house to show for it. Looks like im going to be doing some cleaning today as well...

Well... i hope everyone has an OP day today...My weigh in for monday but my scale broke...so...im thinking of not replacing my scale for another week..teehee...I dont like scales anyway..so it wont hurt if i delay it a little longer..I want to know how much i weigh..but on the other hand...i love not weighing myself anymore...Only DH knows my weight now...he just gets to tell me how much ive lost..but i think im starting not to care now... I just want to get through the rest of my 90 day challenge..

locastella 07-14-2012 03:24 PM

Down 5.6 more pounds and 12 inches in two weeks :)

Thats 12.2 pounds and 17 inches in three weeks, this is amazing :)))