Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 07/11/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Last edited by rissimo; 07-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning IP peeps!!! Been a great few days - hope you all have a wonderful OP day!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #3  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning. Looking to have a great 100% IP day"...
Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Every day that we stay OP our bodies are changing. We don't often see these changes day to day and sometimes not week to week, but your body is busy reconstructing itself, bringing you closer and closer to your goal. So trust in the wisdom your body has.

Keep drinking your water and stay OP! Just think how much slimmer and better feeling you will be by the end of the summer!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I wanted to update everyone to my post yesterday about tofu. Today is my IP E-mail they said that no matter what your protein source is you should be getting 30g of protein for your dinner.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1133

Which would mean that if you're eating tofu you need to eat MORE than 8oz!!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!

Every day that we stay OP our bodies are changing. We don't often see these changes day to day and sometimes not week to week, but your body is busy reconstructing itself, bringing you closer and closer to your goal. So trust in the wisdom your body has.

Keep drinking your water and stay OP! Just think how much slimmer and better feeling you will be by the end of the summer!
Chloe, you words are inspiring. I am considering quitting the program. I haven't seen results in two weeks. I had good success on the Insulin Resistent Diet before, so I was going to go back to that. The only reason I havent is because DH wants to continue giving this a try....very frustrated and confused...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Been awhile since I have been able to check in. Still pluggin away.....scale isn't moving as well as I would like, but it had been more of a struggle with summer and camping now. Little more meat, little more veggies....not a lot and not eating anything off plan but may be affecting me..........ugh! Need to focus and stay focused, only like a little over 9 lbs to go.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!

Thanks for the thoughts that are so positive! This is the most encouraging site to visit!
I made a chocolate cake for an office birthday, and made myself some chocolate muffins from an IP packet. Breakfast!! What fun! Drink water and stay OP!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I wanted to update everyone to my post yesterday about tofu. Today is my IP E-mail they said that no matter what your protein source is you should be getting 30g of protein for your dinner.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1133

Which would mean that if you're eating tofu you need to eat MORE than 8oz!!
A little info related to how much protein is in our foods:
Beef
•Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
•Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
Chicken
•Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
•Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams
•Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams
Fish
•Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
•Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
Pork
•Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
•Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
•Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
•Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
•Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
•Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
Eggs and Dairy
•Egg, large - 6 grams protein
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
•Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
•Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
•Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
•Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
•Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
•Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
•Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
•Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
•Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
Nuts and Seeds
•Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
•Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
•Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
•Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
•Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
•Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

Last edited by MustangMolly; 07-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

My husband thinks I'm crazy, but has anyone noticed thyroid issues on this diet??

I feel like mine is swollen- at least it has been the past two days.

I'm about to call my doctor to see if I can get it to get blood work done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this too!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

So excited, my scale said 199.8 this morning!!! I didn't think my scale would ever go below 200!!! So psyched!

this morning I donated plasma and they blew out the vein on my left arm, so the blood that was returning to me was pooling under the skin. I can already feel a bruise. Awesome! But, it was ok since I was happy about the scale reading before that.

Everyone have a great day, drink lots of water!!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!!! I hope everyone has a fantastic 100% OP Day! I woke up STARVING so I am going to go attempt some chocolate pudding pancakes. Wish me luck.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
So excited, my scale said 199.8 this morning!!! I didn't think my scale would ever go below 200!!! So psyched!

this morning I donated plasma and they blew out the vein on my left arm, so the blood that was returning to me was pooling under the skin. I can already feel a bruise. Awesome! But, it was ok since I was happy about the scale reading before that.

Everyone have a great day, drink lots of water!!
Awesome, Awesme, Awesome. I will never see the 100's again but I look forward to leaving the 300's behind for freaking ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Morning!!!! I hope everyone has a fantastic 100% OP Day! I woke up STARVING so I am going to go attempt some chocolate pudding pancakes. Wish me luck.
Highway to the danger zone. Sorry just flash back to JR High with the Top Gun shirt. Man I loved that movie.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Awesome, Awesme, Awesome. I will never see the 100's again but I look forward to leaving the 300's behind for freaking ever!

Highway to the danger zone. Sorry just flash back to JR High with the Top Gun shirt. Man I loved that movie.
I loved that movie too and I heard they are filming another. A bit unsure about that...
Closed Thread