Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/194/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Thyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but has anyone noticed thyroid issues on this diet??

I feel like mine is swollen- at least it has been the past two days.

I'm about to call my doctor to see if I can get it to get blood work done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this too!

Hi
I have only been on the program for 3 weeks and last week it felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat/ After a few days it hadnt gone away i called the doctor and my thyroid is swollen - i had my blood work done on Saturday and am havig an ultrasound on Monday. I do have a goiter on my thyroid but i have never felt it and i have had it for over 10 years.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #47  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
yeah....i'd love to know that too!! i made it as prescribed on the stove top and i don't recommend that!! i certainly was disappointed in the flavor and texture. maybe others can tell us how to tweak it to make it better!!
I tried it for the first time yesterday, cooked in microwave as directed. Maybe I overcooked it because the "chicken" chunks were inedible, like rubber. I ended up throwing it away and making chicken soup. Unless someone tells me how to make this taste good, I probably will not reorder. Sorry, I'm no help!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but has anyone noticed thyroid issues on this diet??

I feel like mine is swollen- at least it has been the past two days.

I'm about to call my doctor to see if I can get it to get blood work done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this too!
NovaScents,
I have Hashimotoes Disease-hypothyroid. I have had not thryroid function for over 21 years. Since starting IP, my thyroid is functioning again, and my doctor had to lower my meds.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #49  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

trishak....i know what you mean about those rubbery chicken bits...they were the same using the stove top method. i wanted to toss it out, but kept saying, at 4 bucks a pop I better eat it! haha So I did, but am not inclined to buy it again. Its ironic to me that some IP products I absolutely adore and others, well not so much! haha
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by missa1013 View Post
Good morning, second day on IP, first day was tough as I was travelling back to work and my flight was delayed and the bus ride was horrific, but, I didn't cheat, however I wasn't able to eat for about 6 hours and was absolutely starving to the point of wanting to throw chunks. Was very nauseous but managed to pull through. Missed my evening vitamins and such, felt too ill to even attempt to swallow them.....

Back on track today, just need to make it through these first few days and hopefully it will get better
Missa1013,
It will get better! Try to really make an effort to get your food and vitamins in on time. You can do this! Welcome! We are all here for you!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

good morning everyone, I so love reading all the posts it really gets me excited about this program.
My scale is stuck at the same number all week, I weigh at home every morning (scale junky), I weigh tomorrow afternoon and hope it is better at the clinic. this is my third week maybe just a pause as my body figures out what i'm doing to it.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #52  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

I have WI# ??? tomorrow. I've lost count of the weeks! Anyway, if my home scale is accurate, and I know it is, I should be down another 3 lbs, which would technically move me to phase 2.

BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.

Hope you are all having a great IP day!

Trish
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #53  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Good Morning

Hey everyone. Thank god it's Wednesday! Working hard at work this week to get back into the normal flow of things. It's weird having the micromanaging boss gone for 2 weeks, never noticed how much stuff I did just so he wouldn't watch over my shoulder, huh. lol. Anyways, moving on. Jumped on the scale today, since Monday's weigh in was awesome and yesterday I barely lost (at least I lost though). Today I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday, bringing me to 165.0 , holy crap!

No word yet from my mother in law whether she'll be paying us this month or not for her car payment ($600). Nothing like living in perpetual fear right? *sigh* I guess it's not THAT big of a deal, but it was goign towards a helmet for DH and a crown for one of his teeth that has had a temporary crown on it since LAST november. Dealing with dental insurance is freaking horrid, I swear. LoL. I am sincerely hoping that we'll be able to finish this whole process so that way we can just go on our way sooner rather than later. Hey, bonus though, I found out my car will be paid off from the loan next April, unless we pay an extra $1400 on it between now and January some how, in which case we'd be one less car payment by then, and omg that'd make a HUGE difference for us financially. She'd still have to pay us $600 every 3 months until July 2014 (only paying $150/month towards the car and started at 6k)...*sigh* I want to be debt free so I can just relax!

OK, that was a random rant, but I can't blog it as my mom in law would read it and get all miffy about it, I'm off to work on the recipe book cuz that'll make me happy, and getting Qdoba salad with chicken for lunch, yummmmmies!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Canada Dry seltzer water does not have phosphoric acid. I asked their customer service. I love seltzer.

Ut oh, now I'm really scared about lunch!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Day 3! I'm starving - for baked goods! The first two days weren't so bad. I didn't have any cravings and was having trouble eating the protein and veggies. Today the idea of a salad is making me nauseous and there are cookies sitting near my office

Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #56  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Day 3! I'm starving - for baked goods! The first two days weren't so bad. I didn't have any cravings and was having trouble eating the protein and veggies. Today the idea of a salad is making me nauseous and there are cookies sitting near my office

Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!
Are you getting your salt in? If not, you need to. It will fix your leg cramps.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 216/167/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Well, I am not gonna lie...they were not very pretty. The chocolate pancakes tasted fine but took forever to cook through. I am thinking I need a wee bit more practice or go the waffle maker route. Oh well. Sometimes it is just nice to "chew" my breakfast vs. drinking it. Sorry I am really no help. I am new to this pancake stuff. I love the cripsy cereal pancake with WF apple butter. That is my favorite!

I would love to try the crispy cereal pancakes....would you mind sharing the recipe?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Are you getting your salt in? If not, you need to. It will fix your leg cramps.
I might not be! Thanks!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #59  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Default We can talk about anything in the daily chat huh??

I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #60  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Good Morning! Question for you....Are the Listerine Breath Strips ok? How about Bianca breath spray? I need something to put a different taste in my mouth and have always been a HUGE gum chewer, but I don't even want to go there because I overdo it. Could this be an alternative?
My coach advised me that breath strips should be accounted for like gum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Well, I am not gonna lie...they were not very pretty. The chocolate pancakes tasted fine but took forever to cook through. I am thinking I need a wee bit more practice or go the waffle maker route. Oh well. Sometimes it is just nice to "chew" my breakfast vs. drinking it. Sorry I am really no help. I am new to this pancake stuff. I love the cripsy cereal pancake with WF apple butter. That is my favorite!
I LOVE the Crispy Cereal Pancakes, also the Pudding Waffles are EXCELLENT and sometimes I use the Soup Packets to make Savory Waffles when I feel like a piece of 'bread'. The best part is those are all UNRESTRICTED recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missa1013 View Post
Good morning, second day on IP, first day was tough as I was travelling back to work and my flight was delayed and the bus ride was horrific, but, I didn't cheat, however I wasn't able to eat for about 6 hours and was absolutely starving to the point of wanting to throw chunks. Was very nauseous but managed to pull through. Missed my evening vitamins and such, felt too ill to even attempt to swallow them.....
No lying - the first 3-4 days SUCK - remember how awful you feel now - remember how you NEVER want to feel like this again, because if you cheat on this diet and have to get back into ketosis again....you will have to do this all over! Promise, it gets better - I couldn't have lasted 19 weeks unless it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Awkward confessional (TMI): A few snug pairs of underwear used to roll down when I wore them. There is a chance that they are now stretched out, but I think they just fit better and stay put!
LOL - I need to buy a whole new set of underwear - mine all turned to granny panties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I'm going to try the chicken ala king at lunch today for the first time, and I'm scared. Any tips?
I prepare my soup at home in the mornings, then store it until lunch at work. I find that the extra 'stewing time' rehydrates the veggie & chicken bits to make them very good! I also add in my roasted cauliflower, celery, & garlic puree to this soup, although it is pretty thick and flavorful as is, and I also use chicken broth in it (allowed 1 cup/day per my coach as my brand adds 5 calories from all protein per 8oz).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.
I actually haven't 'officially' lowered my goal from 150 with my coach yet - I put it here on 3FC ticker, but it felt so unattainable - I honestly never thought I would be able to reach onederland, let alone the 150s, and the 140s seemed like LaLa-Land, but now I'm only 3lb from that (actually my home scale has me at 148-but that is usually ~3-4lb lighter than my coach's 'official' WI, which is the one I count). This 'diet' is amazing, stick with it - I can't believe I've dropped TWELVE sizes - I started at a tight 16, today I am wearing a very comfortable pair of size 4 jeans! How does that happen in less than 4 months time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey everyone. Thank god it's Wednesday! Working hard at work this week to get back into the normal flow of things. It's weird having the micromanaging boss gone for 2 weeks, never noticed how much stuff I did just so he wouldn't watch over my shoulder, huh. lol. Anyways, moving on. Jumped on the scale today, since Monday's weigh in was awesome and yesterday I barely lost (at least I lost though). Today I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday, bringing me to 165.0 , holy crap!

No word yet from my mother in law whether she'll be paying us this month or not for her car payment ($600). Nothing like living in perpetual fear right? *sigh* I guess it's not THAT big of a deal, but it was goign towards a helmet for DH and a crown for one of his teeth that has had a temporary crown on it since LAST november. Dealing with dental insurance is freaking horrid, I swear. LoL. I am sincerely hoping that we'll be able to finish this whole process so that way we can just go on our way sooner rather than later. Hey, bonus though, I found out my car will be paid off from the loan next April, unless we pay an extra $1400 on it between now and January some how, in which case we'd be one less car payment by then, and omg that'd make a HUGE difference for us financially. She'd still have to pay us $600 every 3 months until July 2014 (only paying $150/month towards the car and started at 6k)...*sigh* I want to be debt free so I can just relax!

OK, that was a random rant, but I can't blog it as my mom in law would read it and get all miffy about it, I'm off to work on the recipe book cuz that'll make me happy, and getting Qdoba salad with chicken for lunch, yummmmmies!
I'm PMing you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post

You can double the potassium, particularly the first week, and try some of the recipes for Crispy Cereal pancakes, pudding waffles, or savory soup waffles (comes out the most 'bread-like') - they are all delicious and unrestricted. The 2 egg whites called for in the recipes only add ~35 calories from ~8g protein.
Closed Thread