Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Malie: It sounds like you are having quite the time with your son and food -- what fun! Just remember, you can always get back on track if you enjoy things a little -- but. Don't panic, enjoy your time with your son! Yes, I think we are about the same size -- you do have two more inches in height on me -- good for you! I always wanted to be taller -- but, am short and small frame. I, like you, feel much more healthy than I ever have and I am very happy with my body at this age. My blood work proves that and my ankles didn't swell up in this summer heat like they have in the past.

2Ride;
Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

2Ride: opps! -- The wonderful things about IP is that we do know how to fix things when the scale goes up. Glad you enjoyed your time away -- it always is nice to get back home. Your dogs sound like our dogs and cats -- fur kids.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

Ok I think this is the best place to post this...........

I will be on maintenance in 12 days............
I am still reading and reading as much as I can, but just was wondering if anyone has a healthy muffin recipe as we also leave for our holiday in 12 days and thought it might be convenient or is this not a good idea to have muffins???
I have a friend who uses recipes out of the clean eating book just dont really no for sure if thats wise???
Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

maile I don't miss college days...I had no food and stressed over stupid chem tests and I was REALLY far from home (which in my opinion made it worse).

So I dislike coconut milk and prefer almond so far, next stop a redo of soy milk, although I may have to go back to the almond milk first...lol I'm also taking a break from broccoli, I'm having some ....gas issues I'm hoping that's the key! I didn't eat A LOT of broccoli in Phase 1, here and there but right now it's a staple and well, it's become painful

Also, tested out a theory by running on Sunday (Phase 1 day)...it worked, so far so good, need to pack a snack for the afternoon on Monday's though. I almost gnaw on my desk, thankfully there was a packet stached in there from my Phase 1 days so I drank that down and felt immediately better. Will have to have a stach of emergency snacks at my desk I guess. I'm happy to report I'm running 5.4-5.6 on the treadmill with 6.0-6.7 the last five minutes! (yes, still slow in some people's books BUT I'm happy to see an improvement)

OH, and I cooked up some spagetti squash, HOLY CRAPPERS! My taste buds have definately changed, can't wait for lunch, meat sauce and squash (who would think that I would be this excited for THAT)!

Today it's two months into maintenance! I know it's not a lot, but it's something!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-17-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

lian Sorry, no muffin recipes here...still enjoying my sprouted grain bread in the morning and don't quite want to give it up. If you google low carb muffins you might find something interesting for you to try?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #36  

I will do thank you anyways, I am so eager but nervous to be adding in carbs...........can I ask another question I noticed it says no fats and carbs together, what about if it fat free???
Old 07-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Watch the fat free items, many have many more carbs in the form of added sugar.

If its fat free it is not a fat...
Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #38  

Ok thank you I was thinking like fat free mayo or sour cream.....I will make sure to check the label....
Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Does anyone else not worry about the carb and fat together rule?

Perhaps because I can't do grains etc except oatmeal my regular way of eating has become more like phase 2 most days. I don't like things like rice enough to add a serving at the evening meal just to have a carb.

I did think I would be having some carbs at my evening meal in some of my favorite recipes but when I made them again I realized they were just as good how I changed them for phase 1; e.g. minced cauliflower instead of rice in cabbage rolls and minced spinach instead of beans in chili.

Everytime someone mentions not having carbs and fats together I realize I have forgotten about that again. But then realize about 80% of my meals are phase 2 anyway and I have a few treat meals and a few glasses of wine for Friday and Saturday evening meals.

Maybe if I could handle bread I would be more aware of carbs and fat together because of what I would put on the bread.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Patns--I'm with you. If I'm being good, my diet is generally P2. I rarely add carbs just to add carbs. My carbs are usually in the form of treats like baked goods or sweets. I struggle enough with those carbs without going around trying to add carbs into my diet.

Lian--It's hard to find low carb/fat-free muffin recipes. But if you are doing P4, your evening meal can have carbs but no fat. I have found fat-free/reduced carb muffin recipes. I'll see if I can find them. When I was really sticking to P4, I would make muffins for our evening carbs rather than eating pasta, rice or potatoes.

Ishbel--Has it only been two months? You blend in well with us old-timers.

Maile--Did you find an apartment for your son? That does not sound like a fun project to me.

2Ride--Darn that skinny sister!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #41  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lee: Yes we found a nice apt close to the college. My husband is in a state of shock that it is unfurnished. Craig's list and yard sales, here we come.

Lee and Patn, I am with you. I don't add carbs anymore, unless I really want them. I do have a carb and fat for breakfast. I also use olive oil to cook vegetables for dinner, and still might have a carb..which does break that rule. It has not seemed to hurt.

Lian: Netrition.com has lots of low carb mixes. The Dixie carrot muffin is very good and is low carb..no sugar. Did you ever make pudding cakes from the IP packets? They are like a muffin.

Ishbel: I am glad college apartment days are gone also. I fear my son will be eating raw mein noodles and peanut butter.
I have not tried spaghetti squash...may have to try it with pasta.
Yes, who would have thought we would be looking forward to squash?
I make a portabello pizza..put 1/4 c pasta on a olive sprayed portabello, then bake it ..later sprinkle mozarella or parmesean on it. That is my new pizza.
The Silk Soy milk is not too bad.

LoneLoser: My blood work was also better. I am enjoying the summer more too..except for being colder in the air conditioning!

2Ride: Your two week break sounded good., I am glad the puppies survived their dogsitters. Good luck on the P1 reboot. You deserve a vacation after all of your work!

Today is go back to work and start arranging my new room.

Last edited by Maile; 07-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #42  

Thank you for your advice..........hope your all having a great day xo
Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

So I have been away at our cabin again and was cut off from civilization (aka no cell reception or Internet ). Must apologize for my long absence...

Pxlkitty- it's great to see you on here again!! How's the reboot going?
Darbs- sounds like you had a great time in Vegas- exactly as it should be !
LoneLoser- many congrats on the successful reboot!! That's great news. It seems that a large part of maintaining is just jumping on a small weight increase before it becomes a bigger (and much more overwhelming) weight increase.
Big passport- I was in your exact predicament last month. Had a successful few weeks of pure Phase 1 and was debating about the phasing out process because I had a couple social engagements that were not going to be Phase 2/3 friendly. I hated the idea of Phase 2 period and ended up not following either properly and instead had 3 'free days' that almost totally derailed my losses. Not worth it. Phasing out properly sucks but it's worth it. Don't rush back into Phase 4 because the weight will pile on before you can blink. A week of each Phase 2 & 3. Or do 2 weeks Phase 3. Your body absolutely needs this time to stabilize...
Maile- I am a recipe hound as well. Love it when I can find a food that is good for me and tastes great! That's my kind of challenge . I like broccolini sautéed in a bit of olive oil and garlic topped with a bit of lemon... Love that it still has a crunch but is slightly soft and warm...
Ishbel- your cat and my son have the same name. Cracks me up whenever I read stories about your kitty.
It is such a positive thing that you worked things out with your coworker in such a way that both of you can leave the situation with a better understanding of where the other person is coming from and feel better for it. Too often confrontation is seen as negative when in fact done with honesty and delicacy it can wrought such a positive outcome. A bit like ironing out the wrinkles in clothes- a pain to do and often ignored... Done improperly it can make even larger wrinkles... But with care it makes all the difference. Loved the story and thank you for the update...
Busymom- it is surely because TOM is looming... Even when it doesn't fully appear the hormones are still working hard at it and they're what bring about the extra weight...
I am happy. Really enjoy being part of a group that is all about discussing weight and the issues related to it. Always got that here and I benefitted so greatly from it. To have it in 'real life' as well I feel doubly blessed. I feel now that I am one style of eating all the time... And less like a split personality of really on point 6 days a week and as far away from on point as ai could possibly get one day a week. Finally getting how to let myself just eat and to do so within reason. I still try to keep it low carb and that has worked well for me. Combining the principles of healthy eating I learned over the past year with watching portions is making for much more balanced eating. I'm within a couple pounds of my original goal...
Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the sunshine...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

PS Lian- Low Carb Banana Muffins (a fave of mine)
1 cup Oat flour ( if you don't have the flour put 1.5 c dry oatmeal in the blender)
1 T baking powder
1 t baking soda

1 Cup mashed banana
2 T Splenda for baking
1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 t vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until flour is just wetted. For best results refrigerate batter overnight.
Pour batter into 12 muffin cup tin that has been greased (Pam etc)
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. These are 79 cals a piece and 12 g carbs.

Last edited by capricious; 07-19-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Cap - Nice to see you again, hope you had a good time at your cabin!

Thanks for the receipe, love muffins!

And it wasn't TOM...not sure what is going on with me...this is the second month that i'm skipping TOM which i never skipped once in the past 25 years but when pregnant and i am not pregnant (tested for 2 weeks and dh is clinically sterile). Not really worried but would hate to have a cyst that could burst when we're on vacation in the US next month! Not sure what to do.

Glad you found a middle ground for eating...hopefully i'll have your confidence soon, i'm still freaking out if not under 150 but i have to allow myself my 5lbs buffer and if you substract the loose skin..i'm more like 135. So fighting to be at 148 might not be worth my sanity and just stick to 150-152. It just seems like such a high number for me, lol.

Ishbel - You amaze me with your running and i'm so jealous...i tried to run but couldn't do it past 4.5 for like 4 minutes before i felt like my knees were going to give out (i have no cartilege left in both knees). So i resigned myself to walking but walked at 3.8 with a 10 incline so still felt like a work out as i could feel my legs and butt working. Wish i could run though!

Leaving for the week-end to friends in Ontario tomorrow evening, looking forward to it but i'm such a homebody that i always rather just stay home and relax, lol. Should be fun i guess, hope the weather cooperates and we can go to the beach

Got my hair cut yesterday and got bangs...wow, what a change..not sure how i feel about it yet.

Last edited by Busymomx4; 07-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Closed Thread