3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #226

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

Good morning,
So I had my fun day yesterday, And I finally got to the
Low carb grocery store and purchased some bakers delux low carb bread
Could i still have that for breakfast after a fun day?????
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #227
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

If you are doing a phase 1 day I would say no, then no bread, just the regular phase 1 day. Just remember it is only one day and then you can go back to bread for breakfast.

I never really over indulged in fun day but did a phase 1 afterwards... my problem is carbs are not my friend. I basically have protein shakes breakfast and lunch and meat and veg for supper... on weekends I have pouched eggs on toast one day and back to regular shakes the rest of the weekend.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 08-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #228

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for the warm welcome back! It's hard to be cut off from everyone when I'm away... And I do find that this is the very best place to stay on track... The encouragement, ideas and support can't be beat!
Today is the last day of my first week of Phase 1. Very happy with the results! Just feeling good inside my own skin is so worth it
Making low carb molasses bread for my family today... I won't be partaking obviously but I really feel that in this lonely low carb world I will at least get my family on board. If I were to look for mines in the minefield of maintenance having treats in the pantry for my family would rank pretty high...
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #229

Maile- having remained in a 3 pound window is so very amazing and commendable! I can so identify with your story of the nobody else club. Such a lonely place to be. Because although one can recognize that making good choices shouldn't be wrong there is that feeling that majority rules. I read an interesting article in Fitness magazine "how to live thin in a fat world" which explained why as a maintainers one has to work harder and be more careful than one who has always been at a healthy weight. And it is so true that because we look 'normal' we are expected to follow in line with the norm of having treats & extras by our peers until we ourselves begin to believe it. Truth hurts... It only takes a few days of overeating to gain a relatively large amount of weight... So, unfortunate as it may be I accept that I will have to fight harder to stay the same... So be it. It's worth it.
Ishbel- thanks for the laugh! Never thought of myself as a transformer before . When are you leaving for your trip?
2ride- it's great to hear from you! Congrats on registering for the run. It is a very good cause with great benefits for the dogs & you! You'll have to let us know how it goes... You must be very proud to have maintained such a large loss for so long!
Novoscents- I enjoyed reading your post and I completely concur! People shouldn't be eating much of the crap they're eating and then hanging their guilt on the neck of the person who is choosing to eat responsibly. Figure the world will be a better, healthier place when more people start making healthy choices...might be a long wait .
Got into a bit of a scrap with my husband about the healthiness of IP packets- with him stating that they're processed and full of chemicals and unhealthy. I got upset and laid in tearing apart what he chooses to eat- processed, refined crap crap crap. This is the thing- Phase 4 is probably the healthiest phase because it is whole foods, balanced, still low carb-6 days a week at least
Lian- I would have to agree with 2ride... A phase 1 day after a free day should be a true phase 1...
NewEnglander- how was your latte free day?
Purplesky- how is your phase 1ing going? Or did you decide to maintain a fuller weight?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #230
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default 2 X Red dogs causes double trouble

Good morning all,
Just got back from my run. I decided I should try to run 5 k before I HAVE to run in the 5KM race next week.
One of my Red dog's tripped me while I was running up the stairs yesterday and have wicked bruises and bumps... decided that wouldn't stop me this morning.
Ran the outer loop at Terwillegar off leash park which is 3.02 KM so stopped at the river so Rebel could swim and I would throw her ball a few times as she hadn't dropped her ball during the entire run. Thought that too soon. So I continued with my run and the dogs went one way and I went the other into the woods, well Leelu came back but Rebel never did, so I had to go in a circle to find her, I find her but she has since LOST her ball, so back again we go looking... the good thing is she knew where it was, the bad thing Leelu took off into the woods again. So off we go chasing her, can't find her do a couple of loops yelling and whistling for her NOTHING so Rebel and I run through different paths through the woods and still nothing so I decide she will probably run down to the river to see if we are there. We get out of the trees I yell for her once more and here she comes from the parking area, I ran into a couple of ladies and they said she had spent a good time running from the water to near the parking lot looking for us... they were going to wait a few minutes more and then take her with them... boy was I scared.... so we went to the river so rebel could swim, and drink and Leelu could drink, and me I could catch my breath...
Good News I did it I ran over 5 k looking for dogs and balls....
Hope everyone has a great day.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 08-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #231

Thanks for the story 2ride... always love a happy ending... you leaving with both dogs and completing a 5 k Too bad about all the stress tho'...
I've been giving it some thought and I'd like to set up another maintainers challenge in the fall... Perhaps from after the September long weekend until Halloween... And then set up another for the holidays... Anyone interested?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #232

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Lian Your phase 1 day should be 3 IP (or alternative) products with one lean meat as your supper and 4 cups of veggies. So I wouldn't touch the bread on a Phase 1 day.

cap I leave on Wednesday! I can't WAIT to have 16 days with the VIP alone...just me and him....hope we don't kill each other (we won't lol)

2Ride Good to see you back! WOOOT WOOOT for running, I find I'm actually only running 2-3 times a week, I up it when I have a day off and there's no reason to "NOT" run. It really helps with maintenance. Sorry about your puppy, that would have max stressed me, glad you found each other!

Things that I have learned in 3 months in maintenance:

- indulging once in a while won't hurt me (ie having a small piece of cake during the week)
- running is important to me...I'm in love with it...that surprises me!
- I must NOT run on fun day as it makes me hungry the next day (although running actually cuts my hunger)...no one wants to be hungry on a Phase 1 day...so I run on a Phase 1 day so I'm not as hungry BONUS is I use up glycogen stores from the day before and I can jump right back into Phase 4 the next day and deal with any potential hunger.
- I need to keep myself busy on a Phase 1 day so I plan activities and that could be just going for a walk at a specific time of day or even just making phase 1 day my cleaning day...
- chocolate...I just can't have it..I limit it even on fun day, that much sugar now makes my tummy feel bad AND I get the instant sugar crash and will fall immediately to sleep (which I never do now and I hate that feeling). I was pre-diabetic before I started IP so perhaps I'm ultra sensitive but I because I highly dislike the 'upset tummy/falling asleep symptom" I just avoid it
- nutz...I'm in love with nutz and would NEVER be able to have a jar in my house so I save them for fun day and go to Nutters (pun not intended but I laughed as I typed it ) and get a serving and enjoy them without guilt! (the ladies at the counter already know my schedule and will say "you're here for your weekly treat! lol)
- fruit...I love fruit...when I'm at work I can schedule them into my daily plan (twice a day) so as part of my fun day I'm allowed to have as much fruit as I want...I have probably 3-4 fruits on fun day.
- journaling, I still journal but will only journal Monday to Friday, I don't need to journal fun day (who wants to really know) and I don't journal Phase 1 day...so really I do essentially take the weekends off. I use a journaling app, I eat the same breakfasts everyday (same one I chose for Phase 3) and type in my plan right before I go to bed. Because I eat generally the same food (cycled throughout the month) the ap already knows what I'm typing almost before I type it. Takes me seconds to punch it in.
- the app also shows me the natural swing of my weight so I find my anxiety level on the scale is much reduced...I can see the swing and that gives me confidence in what I'm doing is right.
- and finally - water...I must MUST keep the same amount of water EVERYDAY, including fun day...this helps keep me on track and not over indulge on fun day...and also helps me with my running plans for the next day.

Not sure if anyone saw my last question on my last post...would anyone share with me?

I have a question for you all...when you say you fluctuate within 1-3 lbs...is that only on your weigh in day, cause I fluctuate 4-5 within the week but I'm always 1-2 lbs difference on fun day (today was unusually low). I'm quite comfortable with my fluctuation and I know I couldn't keep the daily fluctuation to 1 lb LOL.

(long post sorry!)

Started IP - 19 Apr 11 - Hit Goal -18 Apr 12 Maintenance - 17 May 12
All about baby mode: Sept 2013-Dec 2014
Pregnant weight gone May 2015!
Photo/Stats Album: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...il-2012-a.html
Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #233
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

3 months in maintenance. I seem to be running about 2-3 pounds above my range. It crept up last month and seems to have hung around. I reached a point of disgust well moreso discomfort and tried to P1 it. While those few days were unusually calming, by day 4 the scale went up so I was done. I chose to do P1 because my weight was not coming down and I could not stand the bloating. So I did my last supper. And was quite pleased with myself when I attempted P1. I loved the calm. I loved not craving carbs. But I seemed to trade the bloating for the Big C and after nearly 2 weeks of tummy area discomfort I was done. 4 days of eating better and a weight gain. No no. So I switched back to my normal P3, starting going to the bathroom again and felt so much better. While there was no weight loss. There was also no bloating or Big C issues. I did feel heavy and so there is a part of me that wants to attempt P1 again. And this time try to fully commit. At the time I tried P1 my cravings were a problem and I was not stopping at one meal or one day which I believe is why the weight stuck around. I generally feel fine but somewhat heavy. It's a strange feeling but I may have gotten used to this new weight. Earlier in summer I thought myself small now I don't anymore. It's funny how perception works. I was used to my body from the beginning of the year so my spring body was markedly smaller. But now that I am used to this size, I think maybe I could go down a few. But, I am a very slow loser so I would need a long period of commitment. 1 week won't do anything for me. I would probably need a month. So one day, when I know I can commit for a month or so I will have to try again.

So far so good as far as maintenance goes. I do feel like I have moved into P4 more. Early in the summer I chose to stay closer to P3 and did not really do free days. I do feel like I am getting a better hang of free days and prefer free meals as weird behaviors occur with free days. Portion control. And that's not me. That's new P4 behavior and I don't understand it.

I think when I had first lost the weight it was so dramatic. I missed my face (the fat in it) and other things but now that I have been this size all summer, I would not mind going the next step. Until then I want to continue to work on trying out P4. I am still amazed at what I can eat resulting in nothing the next day. BUT, I am also still dumfounded at which choices cause weird gain that won't leave and immense discomfort. Burger and fries yesterday. Feel great today. Another time. 4 days of discomfort. Hopefully over time as I try new things it will even out.

I have to say that the only thing I do not like is not being able to have a little of this or a little of that here and there which to me, mentally, is healthy as opposed to eating a large portion or indulging for a whole day. That still remains very odd to me and I would much prefer to a have a small amt of ice cream each day or a sandwich. I miss sandwiches.

I also saw somewhere once that water with lemon and parsley helps with bloating. I have not tried it yet.

One thing I have found is that when the food is really, really good, then the splurge is worth it but if you get excited and go out to eat and it's not what you remember you liked and it's kinda bleh because what you prepare at home is just much much better, then it becomes a great disappointment for that day and the remaining week waiting for it to come off. So, I will work on that. Make the treats a true treat.

WI#1: 1.8 WI#2: 5.0 lighter clothes WI#3: 2.2tom WI#4: 1.6 WI#5: 2.6 WI#6: 1.4 WI#7: 2.6 WI#8: 1.8tom WI#9: 1.2 WI#10: 2.8 WI#11: 1.2 WI#12: 1.2 WI#13: 1.8tom WI#14: 2.8
starting goal weight: 130. Goal met 4.5.12
Phase 2 WI#15: 0.6 WI#16: 2.2 WI#17: 0.2tom Phase 3 WI#18: 1.2 WI#19: 0.6
Started Phase 4 on 5.11.12 at 125
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #234

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Purple Sky, I love how you says to splurge on the really, really, good, but do you ever find that things you think will be really, really, good just aren't? I went to Taco Bell a few weeks ago because we we're running late to a wedding and it was about the only thing besides McDonalds available and I was SO excited for it and it was just a total flop LOL

Which is great! I am so happy to know that its so sub-par so what I'm now used to that it doesn't taste good.

Now if only french bread could lose have that reaction to my body I'd be set!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #235

I made beets and beet greens last night- HEAVEN!!!! Oh how I have missed my beets! No butter or oil, just a sauteed everything down with some water and then added sauteed onions. It's funny the things I crave
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Thanks for the story 2ride... always love a happy ending... you leaving with both dogs and completing a 5 k Too bad about all the stress tho'...
I've been giving it some thought and I'd like to set up another maintainers challenge in the fall... Perhaps from after the September long weekend until Halloween... And then set up another for the holidays... Anyone interested?
I'm interested
Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #237
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Count me in as another maintainer that needs a reboot. I had a busy, busy summer and just tried to do the best I could without stressing over every little thing I put in my mouth. My kids have kept me hopping and I am so thankful that school has started. I'm up a few lbs over my ceiling weight and the carb cravings have been awakened! I started the reboot yesterday and I'm doing fine. I could probably get back to my goal weight with a few days here and there of phase 1, but I need to get back on track and get my cravings under control. One thing I realized is that summer will likely be my most difficult time to eat healthy.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #238

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning all,
Just got back from my run. I decided I should try to run 5 k before I HAVE to run in the 5KM race next week.
One of my Red dog's tripped me while I was running up the stairs yesterday and have wicked bruises and bumps... decided that wouldn't stop me this morning.
Ran the outer loop at Terwillegar off leash park which is 3.02 KM so stopped at the river so Rebel could swim and I would throw her ball a few times as she hadn't dropped her ball during the entire run. Thought that too soon. So I continued with my run and the dogs went one way and I went the other into the woods, well Leelu came back but Rebel never did, so I had to go in a circle to find her, I find her but she has since LOST her ball, so back again we go looking... the good thing is she knew where it was, the bad thing Leelu took off into the woods again. So off we go chasing her, can't find her do a couple of loops yelling and whistling for her NOTHING so Rebel and I run through different paths through the woods and still nothing so I decide she will probably run down to the river to see if we are there. We get out of the trees I yell for her once more and here she comes from the parking area, I ran into a couple of ladies and they said she had spent a good time running from the water to near the parking lot looking for us... they were going to wait a few minutes more and then take her with them... boy was I scared.... so we went to the river so rebel could swim, and drink and Leelu could drink, and me I could catch my breath...
Good News I did it I ran over 5 k looking for dogs and balls....
Hope everyone has a great day.

So glad to get to the end of your post and see that you found your dog!

Last year at one point there were signs all over the River Valley trails about a dog new to the city who had run away in the off leash area. The signs were there for at least a week and it never did say she had been found. I still wonder about that dog, so was very happy yours showed up.
She was very clever to head to the parking area to look for you.

Pat
Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #239

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Count me in as another maintainer that needs a reboot. I had a busy, busy summer and just tried to do the best I could without stressing over every little thing I put in my mouth. My kids have kept me hopping and I am so thankful that school has started. I'm up a few lbs over my ceiling weight and the carb cravings have been awakened! I started the reboot yesterday and I'm doing fine. I could probably get back to my goal weight with a few days here and there of phase 1, but I need to get back on track and get my cravings under control. One thing I realized is that summer will likely be my most difficult time to eat healthy.
We always seem to be at the same point on this journey. I was up four pounds at the end of June with so many retirements at the end of the school year and a big birthday for me. Everyone was so tired of me not taking part in any food related events for a year and kept saying surly a glass of wine won't hurt!
But I have carried that 4 pounds all summer and really hadn't been able to get down to what I had hoped for in the first place (125). So I am back in phase 1 too until I get back to 130. I watched quite carefully what I ate all summer but the June gain just wouldn't come off.

I am likely going to have to do this twice a year, after summer and after Christmas.

At least if I can get back to 130 my work clothes will be comfy.

So I need to go back to tracking everything carefully. One thing I noticed is that it is just as important to keep the protein up as it is to keep the carbs down.

Pat

Pat

Last edited by patns; 08-21-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #240
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Pat, I'm so thankful for my IP friends. I don't wish this discomfort in my own body on anyone, but it's so nice to have people to "talk" to that really understand. I'm glad we are going through this together.
Closed Thread