Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Question:

When you're making dinner, are you looking for an exact protein amount OR oz amount? 8oz of tofu isn't 15g of protein, so I'm wondering if I need to add more tofu or just stick to the 8oz.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #47  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Seeing all of these losses is so motivating! I can't wait til my next weigh in on Friday :-D Been feeling sick, i think it's a cold. Sunday I slept til 5pm so didn't eat much. Coach said to eat my dinner and snack then start over the next day so may be a little off this week. But had an NSV this morning! Put on these pants my mom gave me last month which I couldn't pull past my hips and now they fit perfectly!! YAY ME!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Question:

When you're making dinner, are you looking for an exact protein amount OR oz amount? 8oz of tofu isn't 15g of protein, so I'm wondering if I need to add more tofu or just stick to the 8oz.
For dinner, you need exactly 8oz of protein
Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 157/141.5/125

Height: 5'2

Getting ready to clean carpets today. Told hubby that doing this might raise my heart rate and mess up my diet.....he didn't fall for it. It was worth a shot
Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #50  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Morning All...Going to be sunny here in Hardy..we are finally going out to try the new outdoor pool in Port Mcneil(town 45 minutes away from here)...See how it is...

So im officially starting to get frustrated now...Im on week 6..ive lost almost 20 pounds and i STILL dont notice a difference in my clothes at all..not on my chest, not on my waist NOTHING!! I dont get this??? Im scratching my head trying to figure out how it is that im losing weight but yet my clothing sizes arent changing????? Its starting to get discouraging...And quite frankly it just makes me want to give up..cause if im not changing sizes in my clothes, then what is the point??? How come everyone else is changing sizes??? Even my mother who isnt even on this diet, is on a diet and she doesnt weigh herself AT ALL and yet she says she notices she is losing sizes even though she has lost a lot less then i have????? Im so confused by this...

Oh well..maybe one day it will change..

Have a happy OP today!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Morning All...Going to be sunny here in Hardy..we are finally going out to try the new outdoor pool in Port Mcneil(town 45 minutes away from here)...See how it is...

So im officially starting to get frustrated now...Im on week 6..ive lost almost 20 pounds and i STILL dont notice a difference in my clothes at all..not on my chest, not on my waist NOTHING!! I dont get this??? Im scratching my head trying to figure out how it is that im losing weight but yet my clothing sizes arent changing????? Its starting to get discouraging...And quite frankly it just makes me want to give up..cause if im not changing sizes in my clothes, then what is the point??? How come everyone else is changing sizes??? Even my mother who isnt even on this diet, is on a diet and she doesnt weigh herself AT ALL and yet she says she notices she is losing sizes even though she has lost a lot less then i have????? Im so confused by this...

Have a happy OP today!
I've lost 18 pounds and wouldn't say that I'm in a new clothing size yet. And it took a few weeks to see really any change in my measurements. Plus, my waist measurement hasn't changed at all yet. After 3 weeks, I think, I had a big jump in my measurements, and then this week, nothing. Hang in there!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Hi All,

After a relapse while in Maintenance, I am back on phase 1. This is day 2 for me and I am actually feeling fine. I really need to get everything back in check. I was back to pre-Ideal habits, in a hurry, not planning, out to eat, eating junk, so excited to be back on and have some structure in my eating!

Shay
Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #53  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Thanks for all the words of encouragement!!!!! I ended up eating about 20 cherrios. The nausea left right away and a small headache that had started disappeared too. I'm hoping I'm okay w/ that little amount and that it won't affect anything. Hopefully this won't happen tomorrow!!!
I'm having trouble getting my salt in. I never put salt on anything so now just a little is making my food nasty. This morning I had to do the licking off the hand thing a couple of times to get rid of a headache I woke up w/. Not sure what to do about that.
I wasn't a salt-user before I started IP. I found that I could use it on roasted veggies without too many problems. I haven't really found a WF salad dressing that I like, so I have reached the point where I can just use olive oil and sprinkle some salt on my salads. Your tastes will change over a relatively short time and hopefully the salt may not be as much of a problem for you. Hang in there, it all gets easier.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #54  

I think the bigger sizes seem to cover a bigger range too. I remember when I was in smaller sizes I only had to lose about 10 pounds to drop a size but anymore it seems to be a lot harder!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #55  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone, haven't had a chance to read through the 2 pages of posts yet busy work work workin' that's me!

Had a small panic attack about the cruise earlier today, found out you have to let them take out like $100/person/day ($1400 for me and DH) for the cruise to have as onboard credit. I don't ever have that kind of money, so I proceeded to pretty much hyperventilate, then it turns out if you keep $100/person on the 1st day, and don't spend it at all, it counts towards the 2nd day too So not so bad.

Work is work, gettin' stuff done, need to finish a few tutorials yet this afternoon and then go home, not sure what I want to do tonight. DH is done with his motorcycle, so now he's bored after being home for all of 10 minutes (i'm not joking) so now I have to find ways to entertain him.

Gah, I'm just in a funk from this morning! I'm really argumentative and just kind of b*tchy I hate being like that. I'll check in probably again tomorrow when I'm feeling less evil, good luck to everyone today who had weigh ins, hope the whoosh fairy makes her rounds for tomorrow, and everyone stay OP!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
For dinner, you need exactly 8oz of protein
Even though 8oz of Chicken is 27g of protein and 8oz of tofu has about 9g of protein?

Please don't think of me being a pain, I've been losing lean muscle so I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly!

Last edited by NOVAScents; 07-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #57  

Quote:

Have a happy OP today!
Whatever you do you MUST NOT QUIT!! I have almost lost 40 lbs and have only noticed clothing changes this past week!!!! I have on dress capris today for work and they don't feel any different than they did 40 lbs ago!!!! But we BOTH KNOW that eventually things will start to change. We have more to lose than some and it may take a while. And not one single person has noticed a difference in me, but I don't give a sweet tweet. They will eventually!!! Hang in there, don't get discouraged and don't you dare quit!! What is the other option? Quit and be fat? Nope. Keep on going and eventually we will get there!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
They are a true wrap dress, so not something to wear outside on a windy day. fYI, when I was young and poor I had a DVF pattern and made myself several, not out of silk (impractical with 4 kids), but used a crepe de chine and some light cotton fabrics. This time it will be in silk. Some people size up with wrap dresses, going next week to try them on so will keep you posted.
BTW, the price almost makes me sick, but doggone it, I've worked hard for this!
I tried to sew one when I finished college on my $25 Singer sewing machine. I don't sew well but I tried. I'm excited for you and how fun to own one. I look forward to hearing about the sizing and which pattern you select. The red tiger eye print is really a stand out! I'd like that one but I usually wear subdued colors...and I have fair skin, blonde streaked hair so red sort of screams on me. But enough about me - this is YOUR DRESS!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #59  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Have a happy OP today!

Porthardygurl

i know that IN YOUR HEART...YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!

even so....a thousand hugs for you for encouragement...because
sometimes, we just need a hug!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #60  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Have a happy OP today!
Don't get discouraged. Being as heavy as I am, usually it takes about 40 lbs to be able to switch to a smaller size and then once you start losing more, it will take less. Just keep on keeping on!
Closed Thread