Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Default How does "lady time" effect your weight loss?

I started IP last Monday, losing an avg. of 2# a day until Friday.. when I got my period. I have stayed at my current weight or gone up 2-3lbs since Friday. Should I expect to have not lost anything between Fri-Mon? Or do you usually lose your period and also lose a few lbs all at once?

What should I expect?
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Stop weighing daily! Everyone is different on this diet, some hold the weight pre-mensus, some post-mensus and ultimately each is their own. Some people get more frequent TOM during the diet (lucky me I'm one of them...ugh!) your weight can fluctuate a TON especially if you retain water during your period (i know it makes no sense, bleeding and then retaining water, wtf). but I'd say if you don't like seeing the fluctuations, hide the scale til' weigh in day.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Weighing in every day helps me stay motivated.. without it I start to wander..

hehe..
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Not only IP but we, women, have it kinda harder when it comes to dieting with our periods, lol. Pretty much for me, my cycle every month is to lose weight for a 2 week period and the other 2 weeks, I either stay the same or go up a few lbs then have a whoosh about a week after TOM is over.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

Your first week will be your biggest loss, as it is not all fat, but also your carb reserves burning off. Later when you hit phase 3 you build those reserves back up and will gain those few pounds pack-but they are not fat. This gain in weight in phase 3 is why they have changed the protocol to phase 1 till goal.

I weigh everyday and track it in a journal/book. But in doing this I have learned to take the ups and downs and know when to expect them. For me Monday - Friday I go up and down a pound a half and drop a pound or two each day over the weekend.

As for TOM, I have a big loss in inches and pounds the week before and I go back to normal losses after. The TOM week is low at best. I usually show no loss and if I lose anything I am stoked.

I have to be careful and not let the scale control me- sometimes if its not moving I feel fat and like nothing is happening. But then I go put on an old sweatshirt or something I fit nicely into a couple weeks ago and the bagginess puts my mind at ease.

I have been at this for five months and that is what I have learned/ experienced. Hope that helps!
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote