I messed up big time yesterday! HELP!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been on IP for a month. Following it perfectly. I've lost a little over 15lbs and a whole pants size. Yippee!

Last night I went to an outdoor after 4th of July concert. I drank a couple of margaritas, couple of michelob ultras, ate some fried catfish & fries with lots of ketchup. Today, I feel horrible. Ugh...

I started back over on IP today. Now what? I'm really worried that I've set myself back too far. I really don't want the last month to have been in vain.

Please advise...I love this forum & I need some encouragement!
  • what is done is done, today is a new day and you started again. Don't let it get to you, jsut get right back on and go with it.
  • As they say, just keep swimming!!! Yesterday sucked, today you're paying for it both emotionally and physically. Take this as your penance, get back on the horse (not while swimming of course!) and just keep going. Think of it like this, if you have a slight gain next week, you'll know the cheat wasn't worth it, and if you don't have a cheat, you will feel grateful. Either way, you will learn from this. Even if you have regained some of the weight, it is not the end, you WILL lose it again, because you CAN DO IT!!
  • i notice 2 main things....
    1. you were strong enough to do this for a month with amazing success...
    2. you immediately recognized where you went off path and came looking for help and support!

what does that mean??

IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE AMAZING....YOU GOT THIS!! if you did it before, you can do it again...this is a quote by L.M. Montgomery from Anne of Green Gables: 'Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it?

have a great tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
  • Honey...ive cheated on this diet countless times in the past...The only answer to your problem is to not look back and to just keep going forward. You cant undo what has been done to day or yesterday but you can be the change for tommorow! So move forward with your head held high..and promise yourself "No cheating anymore!"
  • Just keep going! Of course you can't gain back the 15 lbs for cheating once. Even if you do gain something, if you get back OP, you'll lose it fast.
  • You didn't do anything that can not be gotten past! There really is no other choice but to get on the IP plan and do it like you did before! You can do that!

If it were me, I would look at what was going on when I ate off plan. I would make a plan for myself regarding events or happenings that might take me to eating things I don't need. I have to be careful in any situations of social eating. I plan those carefully as to what I will eat and what my exit plan is if it doesn't look like it will work. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how you will navigate the future! Don't let it bring you down!!
  • Recommit starting right now. Cheating is not an option on this plan becaus it throws you out of ketosis and you have to start over. Probably the worst thing that could happen is that your cheat day doesn't affect your weight loss, because then you will think in the future it's ok to cheat from time to time. So if your weight goes up or your weight loss stalls, consider it a blessing toward your future commitment to the plan.
  • Really I agree with everyone else. Suck it up and move on. You made a bad choice yesterday. Make a good choice today - that is all you can do. Look at today as day one again and do exactly what you did the first time - make the commitment and move forward. No point beating yourself up about what you did yesterday (it sounds like your body is doing that for you lol!!)
  • Thanks for the quote rainbowsmiles... I love it!
  • Quote: Thanks for the quote rainbowsmiles... I love it!
    you are very welcome
  • Get back on track and VOW to NOT DO IT AGAIN. You are worth it!!!!
  • accidental cheat
    Hey there,

I had some stir fry the other night and there was a language challenge between the chef and I. He did not really understand what I was asking him not to add... (this was one of those places where it is cook to order) I'm pretty sure he put some forbidden sauce on it...
    My question... would that throw you out of ketosis? Do I have to wait another 5 days to get back into ketosis again?
  • I have fallen into the cheat from time to time trap and I am digging myself out. I have commited to writing in my journal and staying OP.
  • Back on track kiddo. We're human, learn from it and keep on truckin.