Miracle Noodles Angel Hair

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi All!
    Day 6 Phase 1...

I see some here use "Miracle Noodles"...zero cal, zero carb etc...

I had never heard of them before, so googles them and ended up on amazon reading reviews which were so split as to great or disgusting I figured I would ask here where I can trust the answers. I did search the forum for a thread that may have discussed this prior and came up with nothing....

So whats the word on these?
    How are they?
    What is texture like?
    How would they be in a stir fry in a "like" LoMein kind of dish? Haha/....(I LOVE LoMein)....

Thanks all!
    Jake
  • I use them a lot
    Here's my scoop on them
    I really like them in stir frys and they take on the taste of whatever your cooking, especially when you add spices like MRs Dash table blend.

I also add them in my IP soups and it tastes like you have pasta in your soups which to me feel like a nice comfort soup......Yummie.

Keep I mind when you open up a package you have to run it under cold water because it has a faint fishy smell but don't let that detour you.

Another thought.....get the angel hair one...I got the lagunine (sorry about the spelling) and it looked gross to me and I couldn't eat it cause it looked like plastic to me

When you add it to your stir fry and then add your allowance of olive oil and and add your spices....it is sooooo yummy

I hope this helps you

Sharon
  • Quote: Hi All!
    Day 6 Phase 1...

I see some here use "Miracle Noodles"...zero cal, zero carb etc...

I had never heard of them before, so googles them and ended up on amazon reading reviews which were so split as to great or disgusting I figured I would ask here where I can trust the answers. I did search the forum for a thread that may have discussed this prior and came up with nothing....

So whats the word on these?
    How are they?
    What is texture like?
    How would they be in a stir fry in a "like" LoMein kind of dish? Haha/....(I LOVE LoMein)....

Thanks all!
    Jake
    They are somewhat of an unusual texture. You can NOT compare them to conventional noodles. When you open them, they have a very "fishy" smell and need to be rinsed under hot water or boiled for about 3 minutes. Read on their website about dry roasting them. Don't try eating them alone.

I am including the recipes I've collected up for them. They are worth a try. Like a lot of things, you may or may not like them.

Shiritake / Miracle Noodle Capers Surprise
    1 bag Shirataki/Miracle Noodles
    1 tsp Paprika
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp crushed capers
    spray butter
    salt / pepper
    1 tbsp dijon mustard

Sesame Noodles
    1 or 2 7oz. bags of Miracle Noodle (the less noodles you use, the more the sauce is distributed, and the more flavorful the noodles are)
    1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    1/4 rounded cup WF peanut spread , softened in microwave 15 seconds on high
    2 tbsp cider or rice vinegar
    1 tsp dark sesame oil
    2 tbsp Hot Chili sauce
    2 cups shredded chinese cabbage and kohlrabi
    1 cup bean sprouts
    4 scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    Directions:
    Open bag of Miracle Noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water for a couple of minutes and boil for one minute, pat dry with a paper towel or small hand towel. Cut noodles with scissors to make smaller pieces. In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together soy, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Add noodles and veggies and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce.
    Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad and serve. Or you can heat the sauce for a couple of minutes in a sauce pan, then add noodles and serve hot! It’s makes great leftovers the next day!! I had to adapt this recipe to make it phase 1 compliant so it is not the original recipe she did on her show, but super Yummy!

Thai chicken & Noodles

14 oz chicken breast
    6 mushrooms
    2 bags of Miracle Noodles
    1 c light coconut milk
    2 tbl soy sauce
    3 cubes Dorot Crushed Garlic
    3 cubes Dorot Chopped Chili
    3 cubes Dorot Chrused Ginger
    1 tbl lemon grass
    1 tbl line juice
    Directions:
    Slice mushrooms and chicken into thin slices
    Stir fry the mushrooms and chicken until the chicken is cooked then leave on low
    In a mixing bowl, place the coconut milk, soy sauce, chili, ginger, lemon grass, and lime juice and miz thoroughly
    Pour mixture on the chicken and mushrooms and mix well.
    Rinse and drain the Miracle noodles
    Add the Miracle Noodles to the pan and mix well. Cook for about 4 minutes.

Racheal Ray - Hot or Cold Sesame Noodles Recipe
    1 or 2 7oz. bags of Miracle Noodle (the less noodles you use, the more the sauce is distributed, and the more flavorful the noodles are)
    1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    1/4 rounded cup WF peanut spread , softened in microwave 15 seconds on high
    2 tbsp cider or rice vinegar
    1 tsp dark sesame oil
    2 tbsp Hot Chili sauce
    2 cups shredded chinese cabbage and kohlrabi
    1 cup bean sprouts
    4 scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    Directions:
    Open bag of Miracle Noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water for a couple of minutes and boil for one minute, pat dry with a paper towel or small hand towel. Cut noodles with scissors to make smaller pieces. In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together soy, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Add noodles and veggies and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce.
    Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad and serve. Or you can heat the sauce for a couple of minutes in a sauce pan, then add noodles and serve hot! It’s makes great leftovers the next day!! I had to adapt this recipe to make it phase 1 compliant so it is not the original recipe she did on her show, but super Yummy!

Vietnamese noodle soup
    3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock (or homemade)
    Lemongrass sticks
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp minced ginger
    1/4 tsp cardamom
    1/8 tsp basil
    1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
    1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
    1 cup bean sprouts
    2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
    1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
    1/2 lime, cut in half
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
    1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)
    Directions:
    In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, lemon grass sticks, ½ jalapeno, basil and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
    In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
    Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
    Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
    I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Turkey Pho Soup (phase 1-4) serves 2
    Toast the spices:
    2 tablespoons coriander seeds
    4 whole cloves
    4 whole star anise
    1 cinnamon stick
    Heat a cast-iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add the coriander seeds, cloves, star anise, and cinnamon stick and toast until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Immediately spoon out the spices into a bowl to avoid burning them and set aside.
    1 quart low fat turkey or chicken broth
    2 cups mushrooms chopped
    1 3-inch chunk of ginger, sliced and smashed with side of knife
    1 teaspoon Walden Farms pancake syrup
    1 tablespoon fish sauce, or more to taste
    1-2 cup kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces
    1 pound turkey breast, shredded or chopped
    2 packages of angel hair miracle noodles (rinsed well)
    1-2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped- for garnish (optional)
    1-2 tablespoon chopped green onions (white parts only), minced- for garnish (optional)
    1/2 lime, cut into wedges
    Sriracha chili sauce to taste
    In a large pot, add the toasted spices and all ingredients from stock through fish sauce and bring to a boil.
    Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
    Taste the broth and add more pancake syrup or fish sauce, if needed. Add the kale & mushrooms and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
    Add the shredded turkey and the rinsed miracle noodles. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
    Ladle the broth into bowls. Divide the kale, shredded turkey and the noodles evenly into each bowl.
    Sprinkle on the garnishes and add sriracha to taste. Squeeze lime juice to taste over the top of your bowl before eating.
  • I bought "rice" miracle noodles today. Thank you for asking this question as I was wondering what to do with them and what to expect.
    Wingnut-Thanks for the recipes too!
  • Quote: I bought "rice" miracle noodles today. Thank you for asking this question as I was wondering what to do with them and what to expect.
    Wingnut-Thanks for the recipes too!
    Rice

Reminded me I forgot to include this Rice Pudding recipe

"miracle" rice pudding
    miracle rice
    packet of vanilla drink mix
    splash of vanilla extract
    one sugar packet
    cinnamon
  • They are similar to Japanese rice noodles, but chewier. I personally like the fettucine in asian stir frys and i add the rice to my puddings for 'tapioca'. Definitely sample a bag before you buy in bulk, since it seems that folks that dont like them REALLY dont like them. Generic shiratake noodles might be found at an asian grocerer.
  • I haven't tried the rice noodles, but have tried the others 3 times and hated them all 3 times and I am not a picky eater. They smell terrible and are the weirdest texture. I think you have to just try them and see!
  • IMO, the fishy smell isn't that bad since it's mostly removed by boiling them, but i can't handle the texture.

I don't know how else to explain it.....they seem "squeaky" to me.

From the reviews, as you've found, t's definitly you like 'em or you hate 'em. I hope you like them as it's always great to have more options!
  • How do these fit into the IP Plan? I am on phase 1 and am confused as to where others add products that are not on the sheet. Thanks
  • Hey Thanks everyone for the responses and also Thanks wingnut for all the recipes! Man, those recipes look great!

iluv2bhapy: I am new to this also but from all the reading, it seems that these noodles we are talking about are zero calories, 0 carbs...so they are "free" for this and nay other restrictive diet program. Like water...you use it when and how you want as it has no nutritional value (except some fiber).

Now that being said, the recipes wingnut posted look awesome so we already have a few ideas of what to do with them "if" it turns out we like them, that is!

I am going to roam the health food shops tomorrow and see if I can find 1 package and give it whirl...if it works out and I find them, will give my report back to this thread.

Thanks again all!
    Jake
    Phase 1
    Day 6
    I don't do bars or anything with any sugar at all!
    Only drink right now is water!
    Straight tight ketosis baby!
  • I've been looking for noodles in all the wrong places (yes sorry I too got the song in my head writing that) - for the last couple of shopping trips. Guess I'll order on line unless someone knows a chain store that carries them (Albertsons & Fred Meyer have been a bust). Thanks for asking the question and all the responses today. Reminds me of the time someone at work tried to say "we think alike" and instead said "we share a brain" haha!
  • never heard of these noodles here.. wish I could try them.. What are they made of??
  • I tried them, thought they tasted similar to chewing rubber bands. Like Lizrr said, you like em or you dont and you will not know until you try them. Personally for stir frys i prefer to make zucchini noodles. Lots of people do like them though.
  • @caasie- they r made from a root in asia..known to be from yams or potatos..you can google sherataki or miracle noodles n find more info..they really have no taste..ive had the angle, feticcini, rice and spinach noodles..my fav is angel..i get mine at hyvee by the regular pasta..they have some by the organic/tofu isle at hyvee n walmart but these have calories where the others have nothing..ive used the rice to stuff peppers with..theres lots of things u can do..just pretend their regular noodles..about $2.50ish for a package
  • Hey Longhorn...how do you create Zucchini noodles?
    Thanks!
    Jake