Old 05-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Default New to IP - starting Week 3

Hi everyone!

Just started ideal protein 2 weeks ago and my first weigh in I lost almost 6 lbs and I am thrilled. Alot of people had noticed and I have lost it in my face, breasts and tummy so it must be working.

I appreciate the recipes online to vary my foods. The first couple of days were tough as I was craving carbs but I stuck it out during week 1.

Week 2 has been hit or miss and I have had a couple of cheats but I am trying not to beat myself up about it too much and chalk it the next day as a new day.

I am trying to get used to the foods as I dont like the taste of splenda but am finding I am getting accustomed to the packets. I am finding my favorites like the mushroom soup, wildberry yogurt drink and chocolate drink.

What I am really struggling with is finding something crunchy to satisfy my cravings and raw veggies arent cutting it. I have tried the kale chips and turnip fries. They are okay but still wanting something potato chip like.

I have seen on this site some IP users were eating the restricted items that my coach said i shouldnt have until after week 3 but this is my downfall. Can I have the salt and vinegar IP chips in Phase 1? I am very close to buying them tomorrow as I figured it is better than eating potato chips if I was tempted to cheat anyhow. HELP!

I've been finding I am hungry on the occassional day even with alot of water and my veggies so I have been eating 1/2 portion of a protein like chicken or beef to satisfy me. Anyone else experiencing this? It is because I have cheated and it brings me back to day 1 of ketosis?

I really appreciate everyone sharing their journey as it is helping newbies like me.

Thanks!

PS How do I put the pound counter on the bottom of some of the thread? Would like to track my progress with something visual like this.
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I find it really strange that some coaches tell you one thing, and others tell you the opposite. My coach encourages restricted items once a day, they are what keeps me motivated as I feel like it is a reward at the end of each day for being "good". Also, your body needs a certain amount of carbs to function properly, and the way I look at it, it's better to have a IP product than to eat a chocolate bar or chips.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkakaladda View Post
Hi everyone!

Just started ideal protein 2 weeks ago and my first weigh in I lost almost 6 lbs and I am thrilled. Alot of people had noticed and I have lost it in my face, breasts and tummy so it must be working.

I appreciate the recipes online to vary my foods. The first couple of days were tough as I was craving carbs but I stuck it out during week 1.

Week 2 has been hit or miss and I have had a couple of cheats but I am trying not to beat myself up about it too much and chalk it the next day as a new day.

I am trying to get used to the foods as I dont like the taste of splenda but am finding I am getting accustomed to the packets. I am finding my favorites like the mushroom soup, wildberry yogurt drink and chocolate drink.

What I am really struggling with is finding something crunchy to satisfy my cravings and raw veggies arent cutting it. I have tried the kale chips and turnip fries. They are okay but still wanting something potato chip like.

I have seen on this site some IP users were eating the restricted items that my coach said i shouldnt have until after week 3 but this is my downfall. Can I have the salt and vinegar IP chips in Phase 1? I am very close to buying them tomorrow as I figured it is better than eating potato chips if I was tempted to cheat anyhow. HELP!

I've been finding I am hungry on the occassional day even with alot of water and my veggies so I have been eating 1/2 portion of a protein like chicken or beef to satisfy me. Anyone else experiencing this? It is because I have cheated and it brings me back to day 1 of ketosis?

I really appreciate everyone sharing their journey as it is helping newbies like me.

Thanks!

PS How do I put the pound counter on the bottom of some of the thread? Would like to track my progress with something visual like this.
You don't get your ticker until you've been on for 20 days and have 20 posts.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...oto-album-202/

I think all newbies should look at this album to keep them motivated.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #4  

I had restricted food from Day 1 as per instructions from my coach. I do have 1 a day and enjoy every bite!
SaskDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone! I find some days better than others with my cravings. Today I have kept on track so I am happy.

GailMarie agree - I do find it strange that some coaches let you have one restricted item a day and others like my coach do not permit it.

I did buy some southwest cheese curls today. Has anyone tried it?

I know that I will enjoy every bite when I need them and hearing that you have 1 restricted a day will alleviate my guilt as I can reach for these instead of potato chips. Also I dont feel like I am missing out when my hubby is munching right next to me as I have a reasonable option readily available. He's been great and supportive. I found him eating some chips in our pantry so I dont see him eating in front of me.

Mamarix - thanks for letting me know about the ticker and I am going to work towards getting one so I can see weeks ahead how far I have accomplished. i will check out the link too.

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

My coach encouraged me to open a pack of restricted (I did the chocolate pb thingies). I would have like 4-6 a day. The whole pack lasted a week, but it really helped! You could try that?
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #7  

Thanks Kay - fantastic idea. Its so funny as my first thought was that I get to eat the whole bag of cheese curls when in reality I could just eat some and save the remainder for another day. I find it interesting perspective for a new lifestyle change. I appreciate the simple but logical thought that wasnt even on my radar!!!

Wondering if the pb choc thing is the bar or the soy nut munchie thing? If so how are those? I tend to be a savoury person but I do on occassion like chocolate and with pb - YUM!!! I am always curious what people like and dont like in the IP products.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #8  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
My coach encouraged me to open a pack of restricted (I did the chocolate pb thingies). I would have like 4-6 a day. The whole pack lasted a week, but it really helped! You could try that?

Hmmm good idea. I havent tried the chocolate pb thingies. I wonder if the food in the US is much different than in Canada
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239highest/233IP/cw219.8/gw150

Height: 5ft 2

Hi - I went for my 1st weigh in yest and lost 6lbs. I have been allowed 1 restricted food per day from the start. My doc told me yesterday that if you are up to 230-240lbs you are allowed to consume 3 ideal pouches + 1 restricted + your regular meal per day. She said because you weigh more you need that extra fuel for your body. Once I get closer to 200lbs then she will remove 1 of the pouches. Also something I was doing wrong was that I was weighing my food AFTER it was cooked, including the veggies, she told me it has to be weighed before.
thinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I have been having a restricted from Day 1. I asked my coach about why there was conflicting information floating around regarding this topic. She explained that in the past the restricteds weren't added during the first few weeks; however, they (the IP researchers?) had done some studies and found that there was no additional fat loss by emliminating the restricteds during the beginning. There were also a couple of other minor modificatoins to the Phase 1 sheet, such as allowing red/orange/yellow bell peppers & an increase in the oz of allowable whole protein with dinner (up to 8oz).

In my own experience, the restricteds have helped keep my body out of starvation mode and, in fact, I have had 3 packets,a restricted, and whole protein (5-8oz for dinner) every day until I began Phase 2.

By the way - for chocolate/peanut butter treats, I love the caramel nut bar. I chop it up into little wee pieces (so it lasts longer & feels more snacky) and have it as my evening snack.
meowmisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

I read our phase 1 sheet and it said no restricted for first 2 - 3 weeks, but when I got the starter package there was restricted items in there. I didn't have them the first week but asked my coach the second week and she said no you can have them, 1 a day. I haven't seen any Chocolate pb puffs, but what I do is buy the peanut soy puffs and the chocolate pubs and mix them together so you get a little chocolate and a little peanut butter... very good that way kind of like reeses pieces...
southwest curls are good, I also like the salt and vinger and the bbq ridges... I like my salty snack things. oh and the apple cinnamon puffs taste like apple jacks.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #12  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinmint View Post
Hi - I went for my 1st weigh in yest and lost 6lbs. I have been allowed 1 restricted food per day from the start. My doc told me yesterday that if you are up to 230-240lbs you are allowed to consume 3 ideal pouches + 1 restricted + your regular meal per day. She said because you weigh more you need that extra fuel for your body. Once I get closer to 200lbs then she will remove 1 of the pouches. Also something I was doing wrong was that I was weighing my food AFTER it was cooked, including the veggies, she told me it has to be weighed before.
I didn't know we were supposed to weigh before either! Thanks for that, I would have kept doing it after.
jorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #13  

Thanks for confirming that I can have one restricted item a day and I will probably have some on hand when the cravings for something salty or sweet gets me crazy. I appreciate the feedback on what you liked and I am going into my second weigh in tomorrow so I pick up a one of each of the munchies to check them out.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #14  
Kristin

S/C/G: 216.1/see ticker/160

I also have 1 restricted a day from day 1. I have never had 2 in one day...if I am hungry, I aim for a shake or something that isn't restricted.

Good luck on your weigh in today!!!
Love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #15  

Thanks Love2Travel! I had my weigh in today and lost only 1 lbs - my coach said not to be disappointed and just dont focus on the weight. She measured that I lost 5 inches overall from my last weigh in.

Are inches or pounds lost more important - your comments would be appreciated.

My coach did let me get the restricted snacks and said I could have one restricted a day but I will only tap into them if I need to. I rather keep on track and keep with my permitted packets such as the chocolate drink which is my fave.

I cant help but to think the pounds lost are more important and feel guilty for my cheats this past week but at least if I do cheat going this point forward I will have the IP products handy and also, having most members confirming that 1 restricted package is okay. thank you!