Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1  

Default I see no changeeee!!!!! and feel frustrated...!!!

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and Ideal Protein, i started the protocol 11 days ago, the first two days were horrible but it got so much better since day three.. according to my scale i lost about 6 pounds , thing is, i feel exactly the same!! if not fatter!! i dont know if this might be sphicological or what but i am so discourage i hate veggies and everytime i eat is because i have to .. im so frustrated because i feel that my effort is not showing in any way... when am i going to start to see results? ... by the way i have my first way in on monday
MusicLover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

First three weeks were hard for me. I've noticed some changes when I've lost about 10-12 lbs. Don't be discouraged, you'll notice the difference. It's not just physical, it's an emotional journey as well. Your hormones released from fat make you very vulnerable to every unkind comment. Regarding the veggies - be creative, check the recipes, find those that you like. Good luck! You can do it!
zoyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #3  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

I felt very similar the first few days not really noticing any change. Then bam.... it just felt right, felt healthier. And my first WI I was down 13 lbs. I love veggies that we can't eat so it has been my largest challange to get in all the required veggies. I have pushed and shoved and mix in with my drink. My drink looks gross, my coworkers think I am crazy for eating this weird greenish brown drink every day. I take a deep breath, don't look at the drink... and chug it down. Do it like you would a bad beer, you can't afford better beer but you want the buzz.... just drink the 8 oz and be done.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #4  

@Zoyaka thank you so much! i really needed to hear those words, this last 2 days have been really hard for me since some family came over from NY and they go out to dinner or order pizza, and then here i am eatinv veggies ... and i just fell really bad :'( ..but i chose to be healthy and move on its not the end of the world .. thank u!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #5  

@TIgerlvr thank you for the great idea! i might start doing that its better to get over with it then be eating them one by one i just cant even stand eating them anymore :S ... thank u!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #6  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover23 View Post
@Zoyaka thank you so much! i really needed to hear those words, this last 2 days have been really hard for me since some family came over from NY and they go out to dinner or order pizza, and then here i am eatinv veggies ... and i just fell really bad :'( ..but i chose to be healthy and move on its not the end of the world .. thank u!
Stand up for yourself. Say "no" to pizza parlors and "yes" to places that will have good food for you.

Some of my favorites that are IP friendly

El Pollo Loco, 3 piece meal take skin off, veg and salad as sides
Any kind of steak house, Steak, double veg instead of veg/potato combo
Any of the Mongolian Grills, build it yourself with meat and veg
Mexican. Fajitas (ask them to hold the onions and double peppers) or tacos with no cheese, (don't eat the shell)
Buffet- A great place to get your big hunk of meat and veg in
Carl's Jr/Hardee. Carb style $6 burger hold the mayo and cheese
Seafood places as long as they have non-fried options.
Jack-In-The-Box- Their grilled chicken strips are GOOD, add a salad.

I've not yet gotten up the nerve to try Italian or Oriental because they rely so heavily on the carbs.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/201/140. Just started!

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there. Are you being measured? You may not see as much pounds lost as you think you should....but measuring the inches off is very encouraging. This program works...take it a day at a time and you will see big results!
CindyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Some foods can cause bloating and gas...if it doesn't resolve try removing anything with sugar alcohols.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #9  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Don't be discouraged... I still have image issues... Where I feel like I have not changed at all... Don't give up... It's been less than 2 weeks..
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

6 lbs in 11 days is awesome! Don't fret. Just follow the plan, keep busy and before you know it, you'll be thin. Note the "keep busy" advice. Do something, work extra hours, start a project. Focus on something else and put IP on auto-pilot.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Aww i hear ya..Im in the same boat...Ive lost 17 pounds so far and i cant see any difference at all..not even in my clothes..In fact i feel like my stomach actually looks bigger and more bloated and my face looks puffy..I dont feel like i look any different whatsoever and thats even after 17 pounds...The only thing that gives me hope, is something i heard on here from somewhere else..Maybe you can take comfort in it...

If you look at a roll of Paper Towel...and you rip off 1 piece or 5 pieces or even 10 pieces...you dont really see a change in the size of the roll right?? Buuuuut.... if you were to rip off say 50 pieces you would see a big difference...the roll would look smaller right??? Well its like this with weight loss...We are like a roll of paper towel...Maybe 1 pound or 2 pounds or even 10 pounds or like me...17 pounds or 20 pounds...doesnt make that much of a visual difference....but when you start seeing 30 pounds and 40 pounds you start to notice your size is changing and you are getting smaller..just like the paper towel roll...

So take hope...that even though we cant "see" it now...we WILL see it eventually...sometimes it just takes awhile to get there....
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #12  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Aww i hear ya..Im in the same boat...Ive lost 17 pounds so far and i cant see any difference at all..not even in my clothes..In fact i feel like my stomach actually looks bigger and more bloated and my face looks puffy..I dont feel like i look any different whatsoever and thats even after 17 pounds...The only thing that gives me hope, is something i heard on here from somewhere else..Maybe you can take comfort in it...

If you look at a roll of Paper Towel...and you rip off 1 piece or 5 pieces or even 10 pieces...you dont really see a change in the size of the roll right?? Buuuuut.... if you were to rip off say 50 pieces you would see a big difference...the roll would look smaller right??? Well its like this with weight loss...We are like a roll of paper towel...Maybe 1 pound or 2 pounds or even 10 pounds or like me...17 pounds or 20 pounds...doesnt make that much of a visual difference....but when you start seeing 30 pounds and 40 pounds you start to notice your size is changing and you are getting smaller..just like the paper towel roll...

So take hope...that even though we cant "see" it now...we WILL see it eventually...sometimes it just takes awhile to get there....
Awesome advice...that makes so much sense to me. Hard to believe that I'm saying this, but I guess we just have to trust the scale on this one! Ha ha! Trusting that evil thing...who woulda thought!
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

I had the same thing, 17 pounds and I didn't notice and it seemed like nobody noticed which seemed frustrating too. The next 5lb's I lost it seemed like everyone, especially myself, started to see a difference. Finally felt some motivation again.
Barb4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #14  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

my last WI I was retaining water (darn hormones!!) I hadn't lost any weight, but I did lose 1/2 in in my stomach ... soooo, you may actually be loosing even if the scale doesn't reflect it (and boy did I feel HUGE at the WI). I was glad to see that I really had lost -stick with it; you may have lost even if you can't feel it!!
Aussieluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

if you are following the program there is no way you cant lose weight. The simple calories in calories burned math would tell you that. We only take in 800-900 calories a day, sitting doing absolutely nothing you are burning more than that just with mere existence...so dont fret, you are losing....and remember it took us a while to put this weight on, give your self and your body time to take it off....it is not overnight.
And if you feel puffy, are you sure your sodium is correct amount? 1 tsp/day and are you drinking all the water?
I know I dont always get all the water in, and that makes a difference. The next day I drink it all, and then I am right where I need to be.
Enjoy your day!

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 07-06-2012 at 11:25 AM.
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote