Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #31  
Started IP 6/9/12

S/C/G: 165/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie N View Post
these are my favorites! I hope it helps.
1. Rhubarb sauce- 2c rhubarb chopped, place in microwave safe dish, add apple pie spice and cinnamon to taste. Add 1/4 c wf pancake syrup, add two packets of splenda or stevia and cover. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and microwave for 1 minute. This can be added to crispy cereal or maple oatmeal and baked in oven as a rhubarb crisp. Or eat it alone. Delish!
2. Mixed veggie soup, this is great and will last for a whole week worth of veggies. In a stock pot, add two cups chopped/diced of the following: turnips, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, kale, cabbage(shredded), leeks, Green,yellow and red pepper mixed, a bunch of scallions, two crushed cloves of garlic, a large can of 99% fat free chicken broth and then fill the can with water and add that, 1 tbl salt, a tsp pepper, 1 tablespoon basil. Bring to a boil. You can add diced tomatoes also, but they are restricted item for my plan, so I add them once per week. I measure this soup out in two cup portions and then I have an easy veggie during the week.
3. Quarter zucchini lengthwise, (looks like long pickle spears). Cut seeds off, spray olive or grape seed oil on each and rub around entire zucchini, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to each spear and grill until tender.
4. Clean asparagus spears, marianate in lemon juice, onion, garlic, and olive or grapeseed oil. Grill until browned on all sides. Yum!
I can't wait to try all these recipes! Especially the soup!
efwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #32  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Here are a few recipe links - HIGHLY encourage folks to take a LOOOONG weekend break to peruse the recipes and FinnStevens thread - it can be overwhelming so the 'What are you eating today' thread is also a good one to check out to get ideas/inspiration.

Recipes: From the sticky...
IP Recipes Archive 1
IP Recipes Archive 2
IP Recipes - Currently open for posting
FinnSteven's IP Recipes and Pix from Finland
Thanks, I look forward to reading these. I am having a hard time with the strong-tasting green veggies (I hate broccoli). But my coach tells me kale chips are pretty tasty.
bluegirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote