Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

It's been a good week. I like to weigh daily, the fluctuations don't bother me. All week I have been bouncing up and down the scale - up 1/2 a pound, down 1/2 a pound, up 1/2 a pound etc. This morning it was down a couple of pounds (I was NOT expecting that). We just have to remember that as long as we are OP this will work....sometimes your body has to play a few games with you along the way.

Happy Thursday Friends!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
It's always nice to go shopping in your own closet.

I am on Day 6. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I am hoping for -5#. I'm at -4.5 on my home scale, I and my WI is in the AM whereas my signup WI was in the evening...so...I should reach that number. And then I am putting my home scale in the garage. I know Week 2 will be different while my body catches up with the scale. It sure has been fun this week though!

Happy THURSDAY everyone! Make it a great day!
Yes it can be like Christmas morning finding things in your closet that. Ow fit and you forgot you had!!

I too am on day 6 and looking forward to WI tomorrow. I couldn't banish my scale though
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #33  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Last night had a BBQ with my amazing family who is so supportive. My mom made ribs, my favorite but she put a 2 aside for me with no BBQ sauce on them so I could use my WF BBQ. I had to doctor it up a bit but not too bad. I prepared asparagus with ginger and soy sauce and broiled it. The fam loved it. I loved to introduce a great IP veggie dish and they were fans. Everyone else had Root Beer Floats and even though I had my 4 cups of veggies already. I made a couple of cups of rhubarb and some WF strawberry goo. I didn't end up finishing it last night.

When I woke up this morning at a whopping 4:30 am the first time... I decided to put a K cup in of Caramel Folgers ( 0/0/0) in my blender, my defrosted frozen spinach and the remainder of my strawberry rhubarb mix that I made last night. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Even my picky co-worker wanted to try it...... I am a happy girl today.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #34  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Thorfinn - that is AWESOME getting into the fitness category - I made a nice jump into the 'Acceptable' category last week, it would be dreamy to make it down the next level...I am 3 pounds away from the 'Normal' BMI...it's the final countdown!

I also spent a good amount of time in my closet yesterday evening. I am at the end of the road as far as old clothes. This is the smallest I've been in my adult life. I kept the cutest larger items for my 'hope to be pregnant pile'. There are a few items that are probably a smidge too big, but I kept because I really am down to the barebones and don't want to run out and get all new stuff until I am settled at goal. I figured if the tops are a little blousy, that's fine. Technically in a Medium/Small top, but some of the more form fitting Larges aren't too balloony.
Congrats on getting to Acceptable!!!

The smaller clothes I had were all tossed five or six years ago.

I don't think I'll be losing more than another 4-5lbs so the switch to 33" pants and M shirts SHOULD tide me over for a while.

My wife commented that I was swimming in my pants yesterday so I put on my 10 year old "chores around the house" pants and she said "daaaaaang".
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #35  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to shopping in your own closet! I, too, had a NSV this morning involving fitting into pants for the first time in years. It is definitely motivating.

I also went on a long bike ride yesterday and it reminded me how much I like to get out and work out! I guess sometimes you need to be away from it for a while before you realize how much you miss it. I'm gonna go for a walk/run tonight and see how it feels

Happy Thursday all.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

NSV: An acquaintance at work noticed I was slimming down!! It's nice to hear it from someone else; it's like extra validation & oomph to keep me OP (especially on those harder days).

I have my 2nd WI tomorrow, so hopefully it will confirm I've dropped a few more inches/lbs!!

Also, I coudln't find anything on the boards, but is it normal to have night sweats? Before starting IP, I never had this problem. I don't sweat during the day or have hot flashes...just while sleeping. Also, I know it's not the temperature - unlike the rest of the country, the seattle area has been cooooool.

I'll be asking my coach tomorrow, but thought I'd check with the community as well.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #37  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Saw amazing fireworks at SPI last night. Went on a dolphin watch sunset fireworks cruise. Bridge traffic not too bad. Took an extra bar for a snack but did not even eat it. Was short on water though. Plan on drinking lots today. Also have PT today so will get a workout.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday IPeeps.
I am having a down day since yesterday afternoon; it must be the flushing of hormones or something; I really dislike being down like this. Oh well; who said life was always going to be fun!! I don't want to inflict this on anyone else so I will just say...Have a great OP day! Stay cool!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Thursday IPeeps.
I am having a down day since yesterday afternoon; it must be the flushing of hormones or something; I really dislike being down like this. Oh well; who said life was always going to be fun!! I don't want to inflict this on anyone else so I will just say...Have a great OP day! Stay cool!
Darralyn,
It is probably your hormones! Spoil yourself today, cuddle up with a good book.
Give yourself permission to spoil yourself. Make an exotic shake....keep hydrated. You are so very loved. Don't be sad, be spoiled!
Can you get to a store to try on clothes, that always boosts my moods!
Julie
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #40  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Darralyn---Drink some water and remember -There are brighter days ahead.You are almost half way on this journey. Hang in.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #41  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Just wanted to say hi!

Had a good time at the BBQ yesterday with my skewered veggies! Brussel sprouts and portobello mushrooms are new favorites of mine! I hope you all had a good Fourth of July! This certainly gets easier than I thought it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
Question..I am on week 2 of Phase 1 and I have been stedialy losing 1/2 to 1lb a day...I am down a total of 10lbs. This morning I woke up and I gained almost a half a pound. I have been MORE then perfect...what is going on?????? PLEASE HELP!!!
Barri, don't worry about small fluctuations in weight. This is natural. I put my scale away and only weigh once a week at the clinic. No worries or stresses then. Of course, I try on clothes for 10 minutes every morning... But I stay off the scale.

Have a great day!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #42  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

OK, here's what is probably a dumb question, but is there such a thing as drinking too much water? I am at 100+ oz lately, and have been feeling OK, but have noticed that my legs are feeling cramp-y--could that be tied? Maybe too little salt for all the h2o?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Thursday IPeeps.
Hope it passes quickly. Maybe get out for a walk? My favorite - put on some jumping music and sing and dance around. Get those endorphins going! Remember how much everyone here appreciates you!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
NSV: An acquaintance at work noticed I was slimming down!! It's nice to hear it from someone else; it's like extra validation & oomph to keep me OP (especially on those harder days).

I have my 2nd WI tomorrow, so hopefully it will confirm I've dropped a few more inches/lbs!!

Also, I coudln't find anything on the boards, but is it normal to have night sweats? Before starting IP, I never had this problem. I don't sweat during the day or have hot flashes...just while sleeping. Also, I know it's not the temperature - unlike the rest of the country, the seattle area has been cooooool.

I'll be asking my coach tomorrow, but thought I'd check with the community as well.
i get the opposite - i get cold, which i think is pretty common on IP
Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #45  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
To the newbie who started her own blog to track and visualize her progress - what a great idea!! I didn't do a blog, but am glad that in my IP signature I show my weekly weight change - its handy and helpful to keep seeing it.

Have a great day!
When you say it this way, it makes sense to me. So I decided to do this as well. My signature now has the weekly WI #'s.
Closed Thread