Maintenance and bread

• Ok, I posted this question on the maintenance thread, and someone said to move it over here.....just an FYI.

I know for supper you can have "complex carbs (pasta and even potatoes I think). Is there any kind of bread that qualifies, or should you avoid all bread, even like fiber one bread that has protein and fiber? Is the Ezekiel bread ok? Sometimes it would be easier to must make a quick sandwich
  • I would think Ezekiel bread would be Ok. Try one piece and see if you gain anything. I usually have bread in the am..but if you have a lwo carb high fiver bread, it should qualify as complex carb.
    Good luck.
  • I'm with maile, I usually have bread in the morning. I have sprouted grain bread (Ezekiel) but there is more then the Ezekiel brand for sprouted grain.

You posted it in the maintenance IP thread???
  • Quote: Ok, I posted this question on the maintenance thread, and someone said to move it over here.....just an FYI.

I know for supper you can have "complex carbs (pasta and even potatoes I think). Is there any kind of bread that qualifies, or should you avoid all bread, even like fiber one bread that has protein and fiber? Is the Ezekiel bread ok? Sometimes it would be easier to must make a quick sandwich
    There are lots of folks with more experience than myself. However maintenance is extremely individual. Some find that the lower carb breads are ok, some not. Some find that the carbs awaken the carb monster and prefer to avoid. Personally, I cannot do white flour products. I can do small amounts of whole grain products. I do a low carb wrap and a thing called a sandwich thin. I think that regular bread would "tickle the carb dragon" and I do not wish to go down in flames. Lol.

Hope that helps. It really is so individual and comes down to a try it and see what happens approach. I am also a science type and I like hard and fast rules, but unfortunately this thing is more like original research with a sample size of one.
  • I gave you the website on the previous link. In case you lost it, or if anyone else needs it - http://www.foodforlife.com/

It sells it many markets across country...no need to order from their site if you'd rather not.
  • Quote: However maintenance is extremely individual. Some find that the lower carb breads are ok, some not. Some find that the carbs awaken the carb monster and prefer to avoid.
    Grrrrrr
  • Julian Bakery sells many breads and you can order it online. They have a zero carb bread whcih I've had and I wouldn't recommend it. The 1 carb bread wasn't too bad, toasted, with butter. There are many others, some grain free, gluten free, etc.
  • HMmmmm, I guess I didn't realize there was a separate maintenance thread for IP! I'm pretty new to this! Thanks everyone for your advise!