Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/03/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Last edited by rissimo; 07-03-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!!! DizzyJean--I'm happy you found another clinic to buy your food from. I also hope you feel better before leaving on your trip!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #4  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

DizzyJean, feel better soon It is a ghost town at work today, guess lots of folks are going out of town for the holiday. I like to stay close to home and vedge

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #5  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

I sure hope everyone struck by the bad weather and the fires are doing ok.

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!
Hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse than traveling while sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK
My coach does that - they open the closet door and say "shop" They also just charge me a monthly fee and i can choose 12 boxes a month plus the supplements. They've said they will let me take back stuff I don't like but so far I haven't done that. The omelettes are ok - but i always doctor mine up with peppers and kale or spinach. Makes it very filling.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Day 4. My scale says I'm down 4 pounds. I wish that meant I'd be down 20 pounds in 20 days. I am going to have to talk myself into putting the scales into the garage after my first WI on Friday. I don't want to drive myself nuts when the scale isn't moving this quickly. But I am sure enjoying watching it this week!

Plus, I am enjoying not working out. It's nice to have a break and to sleep late. I do miss lifting though and I'm looking forward to adding exercise back in about 10 days. They said they'd add another meal for that, and I think the RTD's will work great.

I know there was something I was going to say here that wasn't about me.

Happy July 3! Feel better DizzyJean!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post

The chocolate pancake works best if you make the chocolate muffin listed on the packet. I could never get the pancake to work.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning fellow IPers! It really is good to be home! We have a big celebration here called, wait for it....Salmon River Days! I know, very original. It is fun and the whole community participates. We have a parade down Main Street, western shoot outs, a really fun rodeo type event and a demolition derby! I love the 4th!
I hope everyone has a great week, stay 100% OP and have some fun!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

dizzyjean, hope you feel better soon!

We're very lucky where we are - we can buy 'mixed boxes' so we get lots of variety. Can't buy individual packets but we can choose any combination of seven packets and pay the $27 box fee. Makes life a lot easier.

Hope everyone has a great day! WI tonight for me and yet again I'm nervous. I used to get so excited, now that things have stalled it's all about the nerves. I'm thinking it has to be all the extra iron I've been taking lately. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Anyway, enough about me. Happy Tuesday all!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #11  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I'm hoping you are feeling better soon, dizzyjean.

Today, I'm in a BLAH mood. I feel down. Feel tired. I weighed myself yesterday a bit early and saw I lost 3 pounds...yet, I still feel like blah and I guess unfulfilled. I just want to go back to bed. I don't think reading articles about how dangerous it is to lose more than 1-2 pounds of weight per week really helped me today. I just feel really down right now. Don't know what to do.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Dizzy I hope you feel better soon.

On vacation this week missed everyone yesterday. I hope you all had a great day.

My brother I law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Goooooddd morning everyone!

Starting my detox today! Also just did an impromptu BBQ for tonight... we'll see if anyone comes, but we are opening our house

I'm baking up some buffalo wings for dinner tonight- can't wait!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! It really is good to be home! We have a big celebration here called, wait for it....Salmon River Days! I know, very original. It is fun and the whole community participates. We have a parade down Main Street, western shoot outs, a really fun rodeo type event and a demolition derby! I love the 4th!
I hope everyone has a great week, stay 100% OP and have some fun!
I just wanted to remind you that I love your smile.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone - I hope today is a better day for me OP. Yesterday I was just so hungry. Probably part of the problem is that I didn't have any veggies. I'm going to the store at lunch to stock up. I was up one pound this morning, but I'm not too worried about it. I always seem to go up a pound or so before losing more. I'm just so close to onederland!!!

Even though we're not doing anything for the 4th tomorrow, I'm anxious to sleep in and just hang out at home.
Closed Thread