Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #91  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I am 30 today

I don't know how I feel about it, yet
Happy birthday! I had a bit of a freak out last September at my 29th, which is probably one of the reasons I am on IP now. Congrats on a lighter year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
I hear you...had one rough day this weekend. I have realized that cheese is my worst "trigger food" for straying off-plan. "Step away from the cheese!"

Happy Monday all!
I miss cheese everyday!

Also, I had my second weigh-in this afternoon. Since starting on June 22nd, I have lost 14 pounds! I'm off to a great start! It feels great, especially since I went to a wedding last weekend and stayed on plan.

~Jenni
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So Here's my first Before and After
Amazing - looking great!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
So, quick update before I run off with my son...I took off from work a little early since its so slow and got myself a mandoline slicer at BB&Beyond and decided to hit up Old Navy since the boot cut size 8s are starting to look like saggy butt jeans....

I got size 4s! Woohoo! I love IP! FYI, started in size 16s...wowza, the wardrobe changes are happening fast!
WoW!!!! That is awesome! I love your new pic also! I started in 16's and I'm still in them but they are way loose. I am actually buying size L shirts instead of 1X or XL and that is a great feeling. I don't think I ever wore a 4 in my life. 8 sounds great to me. Super job Liz!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #94  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Ohhh, bad day. I feel like poop. Have a summer cold with sore throat, ear ache, and sinus pain. And I"M HUNGRY. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble.

What can I take for my cold that is IP OK??
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #95  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
You can really see a difference! I wish I had started taking pics earlier on when I started. Honestly the few before pics I have we're not done with my knowledge! I should ask my coach to send me a copy of the before pic she took of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Way to go Liz!!!!! I hope that I wind up in 4s. Right now, I'm wearing 6-8. I picked up a medium Calvin Klein dress today @ TJ Maxx. So maybe, I'm finally making my way into medium tops.

Don't you just love how quickly your clothing size drops on IP?
It seems like the sizes are dropping pretty fast now, and the bottoms way faster than the tops. I should 'clarify' that the size 8 boot cuts are way baggy, the size 8 skinny jeans still fit fine, and the size 4 boot cut are snug, but no muffin top! I told myself I would start buying a few select pieces every other size because it's getting pricey! I am still mostly a medium top, but fitting in a few smalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
One other thing not to do (according to my coach) is to cook with olive oil. Something happens to it when it heats up that isn't good.....yes, I know, I'm so scientific!!
I have olive and grape seed oil. I believe grapeseed has a higher smoke point and that is what I use to sautéed veggies at high heat.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

GateauxTiger,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you celebrate by being 100% OP (you can have cake, champagne, etc. in maintenance and that means forever!), so give yourself a big hug from us and also give yourself the gift of health and love by staying OP!!

Quote:
Today is start of week 6 and my WI was down 1.7 lbs and 7 inches.... Woot.

I have a NSV that is pretty big to me. I am now drinking almost all straight water. I was using crystal light to get over my sugar habbit. Now one to go packet lasts over 2 days for a light flavor in a few of my glasses of water. I am excited for this.
That's a huge accomplishment, you are weaning yourself of sweet things. That's truly great, in lots of ways! Good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, man did I miss you all this weekend! I felt like I was just washing in a sea of temptation and then dang near drowning! I did as good as possible, my "extras" being either protein (bacon, egg, ham) or Atkins bar type things (normal for me to have). My loss for this week was only 0.4 So I'm pretty bummed about that,
Kaypix,
There's no doubt you WILL get below 160 and I'm willing to bet it will be thius summer. You are already stunning, but I know, at a size 10, you'll look even better, if that's possible. What is your end goal? I'm going to get to a size 6 and will just stay on IP till that happens. It is so worth it.

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #97  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
congratulations!! and i do not consider any of these things silly or small. they are all steps on the way to our goals.

I did not recognize myself in a photo. I cried when I crossed my legs the first time without "helping" my leg over. embrace these victories and keep on keeping on.
OMG! Just reading through and when I read yours, I realized I WAS sitting with my legs crossed and did not have to "help" one leg over the other! Yahoo!!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #98  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

So I was wanting to post about this earlier, but I do weigh at home to track myself, but I do not take it seriously, I know what I eat and my activity and it is always 100% OP and logged, which I go over with my coach every week.

Well, I was nursing a 2+lb gain all last week, it wasn't TOM, I wasn't doing anything too crazy or different, so I figured it was just one of those weeks. Well, then I ended up whooshing right before for the -2lb total, but my body composition showed I had gained 4lb of lean mass. So effectively I lost 6lb of fat! And I could really tell, my jeans suddenly are baggy, I swear I just bought them.

Point being, if you stay On Plan it works! Don't let that stupid number on the scale break you and sabotage yourself. If I would have given up and thrown up my hands over my 2lb gain I would have missed out on a really huge step. If we aren't losing lb, we are losing inches, if we aren't losing inches, just give it another week and the water retention will pass. There is no way you can't NOT lose weight if you follow your sheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
WoW!!!! That is awesome! I love your new pic also! I started in 16's and I'm still in them but they are way loose. I am actually buying size L shirts instead of 1X or XL and that is a great feeling. I don't think I ever wore a 4 in my life. 8 sounds great to me. Super job Liz!
Yeah, this is the smallest size I think I have worn in my adult life. I know Old Navy does vanity sizing, so I've taken it with a grain of salt for a while now, but my size comparisons have all been from there so it is a 'true comparison' as far as size difference, size 16 to size 4 in 17 weeks!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #99  
Restarted IP July 2, 2012

S/C/G: 215/189/160

Height: 5'8

Had a bad weekend. For some reason I thought I could go out and eat off protocol for 3 different meals! it showed at WI today. Up 2 lbs. I almost gave up on the diet altogether. I've been struggling sometimes to stay on program when all I want is to reach my goal! Today I'm resetting and sticking to it...no cheats! My awesome coach is even letting me come in again on Thursday to weigh in since I told her it would help me stay accountable. Wish me luck this week!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Very smokey in my neck of the woods. I am very worried my childhood home is going to burn down in the most recent forest fire in Wyoming. Spent the weekend worrying and attempting to get to our cabin however the roads are now closed. In all of this craziness I forgot to eat a packet Saturday and Sunday! I need to get my head on straight. At least I am not turning to junk so that in itself is a NSV.
First and foremost, stay safe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Oh no!* Well, I had the omelet for lunch today too, but I did not lose it afterwards.* I had my supps at lunch, because breakfast is too light a meal for them.* I added Portobello mushroom and green onion to the omelet and had a salad with Dijon mustard/apple cider vinegar dressing.* This was my first go with the omelet, and I liked it.* The texture was a little strange, but the taste was good and it sure cooked nicely.*
I’ve been moving my snack around to whenever I “need” it.* I am not usually hungry after dinner.* Well, I’m not hungry now either, but until today, I have been famished in the afternoons and fairly hungry in the mornings.*
I sure am having a lot of strange dreams!!!
I believe that having an IP snack before bedtime is recommended so your body stays in ketosis over night. Otherwise, your body could go into starvation mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I got size 4s! Woohoo! I love IP! FYI, started in size 16s...wowza, the wardrobe changes are happening fast!
WOW!! That is so incredible. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS65 View Post
I must stay commited to my health and mental well being!!!
We're here for you, every step of the way!! Think only positive thoughts about reaching your goal and how much healthier and happier you are becoming, every single day!!

Quote:
You are looking great! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Hello. Miss all of you, been so busy but glad to have some time to catch up on posts!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Chloe222, I think that's the point of it too, though I do go to bed fairly early. I figure it's one of those things that I will keep adjusting. My hunger has decreased tremendously, so I believe I'll have that snack in the right place soon. I can't believe I made it this far! I wasn't even planning on going on a diet! I saw someone who looked amazing and she told me about IP, and I was in the clinic the very next week!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. Just a quick pop in to say hi! It's been a crazy weekend here - our puppy got skunked in the face last night around midnight so I haven't had much sleep. Poor dude.

Anyway, tomorrow is back to work and weigh in day and I'm really really hoping to see the scale move. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Just an update......I checked with my coach about giving blood. She said she wasn't aware of an official "IP stance" but thought it would be OK. I would rather have a definitive yes, so I am waiting until maintenance.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #105  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
I didn't prepare my meat last night to bring to work today, so I need something to hold me over until I get home to have my turkey patties yummmm. I won't get home until 9ish and had my lunch at 12:40...any ideas?
What did you end up eating? You should always have an emergency bar with you. If you plan on having such a late dinner then plan on having your snack (3rd packet) late afternoon
Closed Thread