Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
You guys are all so awesome thanks for all the wonderful praise yesterday!

The little guy is a truth teller and sometimes doesn't know the fine line between truth and being rude. That said I don't think I look old, but he apparently might think it due to convsersations in his mom's household.

So I used it as an opportunity to say "buddy, remember when we talked about how sometimes telling the truth isn't always the 'nice' thing to say etc etc" I love that he's a truth teller but sometimes he doesn't help himself make friends because he says what's in his head to much without thinking of others feelings (apparently like his mom lol). SO, adapt and overcome, using it as a learning experience was the best response I had at the time lol.

I let him think what he wants to think...20 minutes previous we were picking out sunglasses and he gave me a strange interested look and I said "Do I look good" he said "....well....yah kinda" and then he wanted the same pair I bought (so we bought a pair together)

...so he's just over heard someone talking and she and her family can have their opinions...whatever makes them feel better....

HAPPY USA DAY!!!
Ishbel--skinny pretty lady!!
Your little pal definitely heard that from an adult. I have been teaching for 23 years. Kids are incredibly honest. HOWEVER, when it comes to age...they do not have a clue. (Not until they get much older.) Most children will use the term"old" to refer to someone who does not play or laugh....I REALLY mean that. If you play, laugh, and like to have a good time around children----you are always in your twenties. If you have children, the smarter ones may tell you that you are 29...possibly 30!
Kids will usually give honest, rather descriptive compliments or insults...same thing as they do not know the difference----most children just say the truth----thus the beauty of working with young children.
I had a child come up to me at and give me a HUGE hug.....he squeezed me as tight as he could, with all the strenth his little 6 year old body could muster. He then said, "Mrs. Amato, you are beautiful. You know your back? Well it is almost not as fat anymore. All those "bubbles" are gone."
Old 07-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #92  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Happy 4th of July to all the US IPers. Gee, I'm glad to be home, although I'm already planning another weekend trip. So glad I figured out how to do the travel thing, even though it's an effort to get everything organized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Well, I learned a valuable lesson today...always be prepared. From now on there will be an IP bar in m purse or I will plan ahead better. Oh well, day 6 rookie mistake, live and learn.
Hey, Sassy, I hear you on this one. I've also been stranded a few times. I try to keep some type of puffs (SW are great) or a bar that won't melt in this heat in my car glove compartment for times like this. Yesterday I went for it while waiting for a friend who I drove to a dr's appt. that took longer than planned. I got HUNGRY.

_____

Chocolate soy puffs? Are they good? I haven't tried them yet, but they sound a little dangerous. Not sure I'm ready. But having portions measured and packaged really helps at this stage of my program. I'm in week three and it's great to know that when I'm finished with the bar (or drink, or snack packet) it's DONE. NO MORE. FINIS. I guess always having "just one more" helped me add the pounds on.

Today I'll go to a BBQ at a friend's house. She's doing chicken and beef, marinated in oo, s & p, garlic, and other spices. Also grilled veggies. I'm going to bring a few veggie skewers. Has anyone ever grilled brussel sprouts? I'm going to try grilling some new ones, like brussel sprouts, portabello mushrooms, eggplant, and zuccini with my red and green peppers. I think it will be yummy and interesting.

Have a great 100% day, everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #93  

Happy 4th of July!!!! Enjoy this glorious day!!! Hmmm, I am thinking about doing vegetables skewers on the grill too. What are your favorites?
Love and hugs to all,
Julie
Old 07-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #94  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Hey, Sassy, I hear you on this one. I've also been stranded a few times. I try to keep some type of puffs (SW are great) or a bar that won't melt in this heat in my car glove compartment for times like this. Yesterday I went for it while waiting for a friend who I drove to a dr's appt. that took longer than planned. I got HUNGRY.
Ooohhh soy puffs that's a better idea thank you!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Sassy
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Ooohhh soy puffs that's a better idea thank you!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Sassy
Sassy, I had this happen just the other night. My son's baseball team went out for a dinner after a game. Luckily, I had a RTD in my purse. I ordered a tall glass of ice(to our my RTD in to) and a tall ice-water and felt wonderful. The nice thing was, later in the evening , I got to have dinner-my way!!!! (Even though there were options at the resaurant, I really just wanted my own food.)
I still do not fully trust myself with the bars. Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #96  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
Hey everyone...back from vacation! Being off IP and on the road with family for a month was NOT good for my weight loss effort. But I am back and at it again 100%.

I was only able to read once while I was gone, so I am sure much has happened while I was gone. There is no way I can read all the past posts, so I would love to hear the main changes.
Wuv: were you able to find a job and an apt?
Hi to all the new folks and congratulations on all the SVs and NSVs.

Glad to be home!

Denise
Welcome back Denise, hope you had a very nice vacation!!...I am now officially an IP Coach at my clinic and we did find a new apartment which is $100 cheaper than where we were and bigger. AND while you were gone I found a BF....haha....LIFE is GREAT right now....haha

Hello everyone, Happy 4th, just going to be a day at home relaxing. Not really going to do anything today but chill. Time to relax, its been a busy 2 weeks with me. Stay safe everyone
Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Happy 4th! So far it has been busy and a beautiful day!

Be safe and have a good day! Stay 100% OP!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #98  

Default Happy 4th of July!

I am wishing every IPeep and anyone who loves an IPeep....Happy 4th of July. We live in a wonderful country, with wonderful people. I am thank the independence, safety, and freedom that we all do.(My dad was a Navy vet, he died when I was 16, but boy do I remember what a big deal he made out of every 4th of July.)
We are all a lucky bunch!

On a silly note, don't you think that we are all fighting our individual battles for freedom...like freedom from obesity and ill health.....freedom to be healty.
...International Obesity IPeeps troops...!!!!!! We would each have stars on our flag.......what a beautiful thought!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Julie
Old 07-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #99  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Happy 100% July 4th! I am pooped out on the couch after an early morning (and still stinking hot!) walk to the park, then we took the kid to go swimming and BBQ with friends. We left at nap time and I think we all needed the rest!

My friend who had the extreme reaction to my loss (and gave me the 3rd degree on my program), well - I was hoping she would want to join up with me, since I love you IPeeps, but having a real life person to chat with over RTDs would be nice. I don't think she is of the right mindset though, I brought rutabaga fries, and they were asking me about the new veggies, etc. My hubby gave me recipe props, but she just seemed NOT interested in any type of veggies. Oh well, I am sure she is telling her husband how awful it must be to be forced to eat only veggies...little does she know what she is missing out on!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #100  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am now officially an IP Coach at my clinic and we did find a new apartment which is $100 cheaper than where we were and bigger. AND while you were gone I found a BF....haha....LIFE is GREAT right now....haha
FANTASTIC, WUV!!!! About time they recognized what a GREAT coach you are! Everything ALWAYS works out for a reason...sometimes you just have to look really hard to find it! Glad you didn't have to look too far! Cangrats on the BF, too. I see you are just 19 lbs from goal! Did you have to do phase 3 again or did the scale start on its own?

Have a great 4th everyone! IP 100%!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #101  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Happy 100% July 4th! I am pooped out on the couch after an early morning (and still stinking hot!) walk to the park, then we took the kid to go swimming and BBQ with friends. We left at nap time and I think we all needed the rest!

My friend who had the extreme reaction to my loss (and gave me the 3rd degree on my program), well - I was hoping she would want to join up with me, since I love you IPeeps, but having a real life person to chat with over RTDs would be nice. I don't think she is of the right mindset though, I brought rutabaga fries, and they were asking me about the new veggies, etc. My hubby gave me recipe props, but she just seemed NOT interested in any type of veggies. Oh well, I am sure she is telling her husband how awful it must be to be forced to eat only veggies...little does she know what she is missing out on!
I know what you mean, but I would have eaten dogchit if I knew it would work this well. Sure glad I didnt have to...but have even come to enjoy some veggies now.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #102  

Hey guys! Back from the lake a day early due to thunderstorms and high winds. More tornados reported in Sask, so we thought we'd head home! No fun sitting in a 19ft camper with fighting kids. Only so many movies you can watch! LOL! I am happy to report 100% OP, today was esp. hard - those TOM cravings are wicked wicked wicked!!!! And I'm tired, so that's prob why they're extra bad today. Have an IP friendly meatloaf in the oven and turnip fries cooking for supper. And drinking tons of water. It's to bed early for me! Hopefully no tornados our way tonight! Hope everyone is having an awesome day, I have some reading to catch up on!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #103  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Dana - yes the party is at my house and I have no idea how they all fit.. but somehow they do. The head count is up to about 243 now ( my DH has got to stop asking everyone he meets to come, lol) If interested you can check out some pictures on our website http://60sparty.com/index.html

Oh my, I just looked at your website and was wishing I could go to your party. Fantastic thing that you are doing for your friend.

You rock !
Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #104  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Happy 4th of July to my American friends. It's my birthday too so I'm always pleased to see a nation celebrating with me in style (and with lots of water). It started here as a stormy day but has ended up nice so I'm sitting on my deck enjoying a Crystal Light Appletini as my birthday treat. It does have aspartame so I keep it restricted to only special occasions.

WI tonight and I'm 2.6 down. Excited but also a little nervous because I am now away for the next three weeks (business then two weeks vacation). I'm not worried about staying OP as I have my plans already figured out. However I still like the security of checking in with my coach and a scale each week.mon my way out, I told my coach I would still email my food journal each week just to feel on track. And of course I'll be checking in with the IPeeps every chance I get.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #105  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
FANTASTIC, WUV!!!! About time they recognized what a GREAT coach you are! Everything ALWAYS works out for a reason...sometimes you just have to look really hard to find it! Glad you didn't have to look too far! Cangrats on the BF, too. I see you are just 19 lbs from goal! Did you have to do phase 3 again or did the scale start on its own?

Have a great 4th everyone! IP 100%!!!
No Phase 3, the scale just started movin again for some reason....lol...I am not questioning it that is for sure.
Closed Thread