Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #31  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Yeah I have been all over the place... I used to have a perfect 28 days cycle TO THE HOUR. And now I am almost 34 days btwn. Just started maintenance so I will let you all know if things normalize...

Just checked and now it looks like I will have my p during wedding/honeymoon. Probably going to have to do something about that...
Hey stacey - I had the same 'schedule' as far as supposed to have my TOM during my wedding/honeymoon, I just kept up on my BCP (aka, didn't do the 'skip week') and was able to REALLY enjoy myself! Not sure what you use for BC though....just an fyi though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Wow, not to be intruding in a conversation I really have no business being it (gay male here). BUT, you ladies are superhuman! You get a raw deal because you lose weight at a slightly slower pace than we men do, and you have to deal with issues like this on top of it.

WOW WOW WOW - much respect for every one of you! Keep up the good work with supporting each other, and all us guys here.
jwdesselle - appreciate the support!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

I have been on the pill for about 24 years so my periods have been almost non-existant, super light and some months nothing. But, since I've been on IP I've had 2 periods lasting for 3-4 days and super heavy with slight cramps. But I'm ok with it since I'm losing weight. I've been lucky all these years so I'm not complaining but it was kinda weird for me!
robin532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #33  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

UGH...I had almost forgot this part of losing weight. TBH, I don't think it's an IP exclusive. I know that when I have been successfully losing in the past, no matter what method, I would experience this. And I normally don't get a TOM at all...sigh...guess I better make sure I've got "stuff" in my bag from now on!

phoenix!
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #34  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Can't repeat enough about how the program will affect your family planning - my IP buddy had to drop out last Fall about six months into our IP diet because she was FIVE MONTHS pregnant and didn't realize it because the symptoms were so similar to what I was experiencing from the diet. We both thought she was just losing slower! This plan is amazing, but it WILL jack with your hormones. Be careful out there!
MarcusBrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 201/201/140. Just started!

Height: 5'5"

Good question! I am actually post menopausal. When I was on IP two years ago (lost 56 pounds) I actually started spotting. My GYN told me she does see this with rapid weight loss. Good luck to you
CindyG is offline   Reply With Quote