Old 06-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #16  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Like everyone else stated. This is completely normal... I've gotten mine under control with the nuvaring... And I've been on time for the last 6 months...

And for those that are trying to get pregnant.... This diet does make you extra fertile... And apparently those that are on birth control.... IP only messes with the pill...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #17  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Woooohooooo extra fertile!!!! Best words EVER!!!
Now where is that hubby of mine, lol!
Sassyc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #18  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandissimo11 View Post
Thank you all SO much for your replies!! I feel much more "normal" now haha. Oh and I weighed in today... lost another 6lbs, which makes me feel SO much better than the 2lbs I lost last week because it was that silly lil TOM.

6 pounds is awesome. Great work.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

great thread. I started the same thing on day 9, I am curious if it is the IP or just me. Getting close to being through with my cycle, menopause, but now this...oh well....i had heard this might happen... so need to just accept it and enjoy the weight loss!
congratulations brandissimo on 6 pounds! awesome!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #20  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Woooohooooo extra fertile!!!! Best words EVER!!!
Now where is that hubby of mine, lol!
Stick with the program 100% and burn off the fat to get that estrogen flowing!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #21  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I had a question too...Does it make your cycle heavier then normal??? Because i usually have a regular on time cycle that goes for 3 days and its only ever light to medium...but this time around while being on the diet..its become super heavy and lasting a lot longer...????? Is this a normal????
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #22  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I had a question too...Does it make your cycle heavier then normal??? Because i usually have a regular on time cycle that goes for 3 days and its only ever light to medium...but this time around while being on the diet..its become super heavy and lasting a lot longer...????? Is this a normal????
The 3 cycles I've had on IP have been all over the map. My first was a week early, but otherwise normal, my 2nd was 2 weeks long and lighter, and this last one was heavier. I think it just depends on the amount of hormones in your blood and how you react to it. But really, if it's abnormal - then GOOD for you! That means you are burning fat! The only thing 'normal' about our IP cycles is that they are abnormal!

And Porthardy, been meaning to tell you I am really proud of you for sticking with this. I know in the past you were freaking yourself out over daily weigh ins/self sabatoging and self-doubt. You obviously took control and made the right move by having your hubby take the role over as scale overseer. Keep up the good work....or Longhorn will get back on your case!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #23  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

Yeah I have been all over the place... I used to have a perfect 28 days cycle TO THE HOUR. And now I am almost 34 days btwn. Just started maintenance so I will let you all know if things normalize...

Just checked and now it looks like I will have my p during wedding/honeymoon. Probably going to have to do something about that...
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #24  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
The 3 cycles I've had on IP have been all over the map. My first was a week early, but otherwise normal, my 2nd was 2 weeks long and lighter, and this last one was heavier. I think it just depends on the amount of hormones in your blood and how you react to it. But really, if it's abnormal - then GOOD for you! That means you are burning fat! The only thing 'normal' about our IP cycles is that they are abnormal!

And Porthardy, been meaning to tell you I am really proud of you for sticking with this. I know in the past you were freaking yourself out over daily weigh ins/self sabatoging and self-doubt. You obviously took control and made the right move by having your hubby take the role over as scale overseer. Keep up the good work....or Longhorn will get back on your case!
Thanks Liz!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #25  
Kayla

S/C/G: 297.4/273.3/175

Height: 5'11

I had my period for 2 months straight and It didn't go away until I got my Depo Shot. Very nerve racking but worth it!
KaylaxoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #26  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Wow, not to be intruding in a conversation I really have no business being it (gay male here). BUT, you ladies are superhuman! You get a raw deal because you lose weight at a slightly slower pace than we men do, and you have to deal with issues like this on top of it.

WOW WOW WOW - much respect for every one of you! Keep up the good work with supporting each other, and all us guys here.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #27  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Like everyone else stated. This is completely normal... I've gotten mine under control with the nuvaring... And I've been on time for the last 6 months...

And for those that are trying to get pregnant.... This diet does make you extra fertile... And apparently those that are on birth control.... IP only messes with the pill...
Hi...I'm on the nurvaring too. My TOM decided to come two days ago which is a week earlier than normal . I'm on Day 6 today and think this must be why.
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #28  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for posting/asking about this! I was wondering about this too since i have been off this month, and though I have a nice coach, he is male and didn't really have a good explanation for what's going on.
DenverGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi...I'm on the nurvaring too. My TOM decided to come two days ago which is a week earlier than normal . I'm on Day 6 today and think this must be why.
I was on the nuvaring and I got my TOM in the middle of my cycle and it was heavy, which never happens. Since the ring is supposed to stop this from happening and my coach told me the pill can become ineffective- I just stopped doing the ring and use oven mits when baking. I know the ring is becoming more popular and I don't trust that the IP creators have looked much into this issue. I can tell you that my losses picked up- I was stalling out, plus I save the money since those things are pricey each month!

I have become more regular -28 days between on the money and they have lightened up. Just expect the unexpected for the first couple months. And people on the pill be careful!
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #30  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
I was on the nuvaring and I got my TOM in the middle of my cycle and it was heavy, which never happens. Since the ring is supposed to stop this from happening and my coach told me the pill can become ineffective- I just stopped doing the ring and use oven mits when baking. I know the ring is becoming more popular and I don't trust that the IP creators have looked much into this issue. I can tell you that my losses picked up- I was stalling out, plus I save the money since those things are pricey each month!

I have become more regular -28 days between on the money and they have lightened up. Just expect the unexpected for the first couple months. And people on the pill be careful!
So, your losses were higher when you weren't using the ring? That's very interesting...Part of the reason I am on BC is to help my skin stay clearer. I'm not too worried about getting pregnant right now. I'm wondering if I should ditch the ring for a while? Like I said, I'm a week early and its HEAVY, heavy, heavy...yuck. Feel like I'm going through puberty again!
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote