Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #31  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

So Last night I was a bad bad IPer. I went to a work function and strayed. I am posting to stay accountable but I am not beating myself up. I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is a new day to stay 100% OP"
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #32  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home?

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.
I have the tendancy to get on multiple times a day and if its not going in the right direction, I get discouraged. It's really just a mind thing for me.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #33  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?
Some people get overly freaked out if the scale moves up or doesn't move at all throughout the week. If it stresses someone out that can actually slow down their weight loss and become a huge mental burden, so many don't weigh daily. I think it's actually recommended that you dont' until you're in maintenance with things like WW etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.
So glad to help, and your pictures look like two totally different people! You are very inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.
I weigh daily and normally it's good because I can track "did i get enough sleep? did I eat too much salt, too little oil?" etc. etc. etc. but some days when it creeps up I still kick myself and feel guilty for the day before.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness2 View Post
I am starting my 4th day on IP. I have had horrible headaches and nausea. It seems to be subsiding a little today although the headache is not totally gone. I have to say that the 5.5 lb. weight loss has made it easier to bear. My coach tells me that this will get better. Did it for ya?
sweetness, it will get better it is just body getting use to eating this way. try putting a bit of salt in your water and drink lots of water you may dehydrated which will cause a headache the nausea could be from the vitamin try eating first then take it. great job on the weight loss so far ond that is only 4 days

clinic:
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #35  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Friday's Final Post

Hey guys, I'll try to check back later today but I'm thinking I won't have time, as I'm at work now, then at 2:00 it's time to head out, drop the dogs at grandma's and head out to the cities for Valley Fair for the weekend. So I'm gonna try to get all my updates in here:
1) The motorcycle is UP AND RUNNING BOO FREAKING YEAH!!!!!!! Sorry for the crapiness of the image, but I took a pic of my camera (with my phone) while at IHOP at 2:00AM after we got the bike up and running:

2) I'm exhausted, and had a "mini gain" this morning, although the number of potential factors are kind of limitless, so I'll list "potential culprits"...yesterday was a little C kind of day, drank all my water though and had my salt, had green bean casserole with lunch (so some carbs probably) and chicken with skin on (fat), had a total of 2.5 shakes instead of 3 total (one for breakfast, one 1/2 for dinner using RTD + powder to make a smoothie), had veggies that were grilled RIGHT before bed at like 2:00AM (home at 2:15, passed out at 2:17 I'm sure), stayed up late, was on my feet ALL night running up and down stairs, painting pieces, building motorcycle license plate bracket etc....and I got 3 hours of sleep...so that pretty much sums THAT up.

3) I leave for Valley Fair at 2:00PM, well, go home etc. etc. etc. and plan to wear makeup and hopefully get some good pics of me this weekend for my "25 lb loss" so far.

4) For the first time, the scale has only moved 0.4 lbs from Monday to Friday, which is a little discouraging, and I'm concerned my weekend (despite my being good, they got me veggies and EAS RTD just for me!) will still hurt my odds, between dehydration tomorrow (90 degrees in an amusement park for 5+ hours) and no sleep (night owl people) and I might actually see my first week of "no loss" on Monday...my 25 pound charm is on my kitchen table on a little plate, reminding me to push push push (I'm at 25 lbs today, but a 0.1 lb gain will drop it to 24.9 so no charm) through Monday so I can get that little guy on my bracelet.

5) Finally, thank you all for listening to my rants and raves, knowing you're here has been a lifesaver more than once, and sometimes when I'm feeling down I can read the forums and just remind myself I'm only human and it's OK. So thanks to everyone who posts, you all play a part in my day.

-Yoda, OUT!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #36  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Nothing wrong with weighing at home.... IF it doesn't frustrate and panic you to see unexpected gains, and slow losses. If you can roll with the ups and downs and stay calm about it, then all is good. Newbies especially get panicked and worried when they suddenly see a stall in the weight loss - or a small gain.

_______________________-

Dakin - love the new photo. You are looking great! I'm trying to convince myself to post some pics... I'm thinking I'll get courageous and do that when I hit the 1/2 to Goal milestone, which should be coming up fairly soon now.

It's a pretty normal day here.... I'm looking forward to staying OP and getting ready for the Canada Day weekend. Then I have next week off too. I'm just hanging around home and taking life easy.

Everyone have a great OP day! It's hot and humid again where I am .... if you're in similiar conditions, stay hydrated and cool! Cheers for now.

Last edited by evepet; 06-29-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #37  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.
Exactly. Whether it moves up, down or stays the same I get a good indication of how I'm doing and if I need to alter anything.

I do not get emotional about my weight aside from being happy when it goes down. I can see why some people would not want to look at the scale now though.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #38  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Thanks Molly. I love putting a face to the name, so decided to take the plunge... even tho it's outside of my comfort zone. You and hubs live such an exciting life! You are always traveling! I think that's really awesome. BTW... my DH also bought a golf cart. Yeah, and he doesn't even play golf.... just thought it'd be fun to tool around the yard, use at volunteer events, and tow the leaf trailer when doing yard work. He's a little eccentric. lol
Well, if you DH is eccentric, so is mine. We don't play golf and he wanted it to tool around the yard (and the lake). We even have a lawn dump cart under the boat in the bed of the truck and he plans to rig a connection to pull it with the cart instead of the mower. Yep, excentric. I know we are for sure, but it's soooo fun.

Have a great day, all.
Molly
Old 06-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

Chloe, I too feel like the time has flow. Thanks to people like you And the other that post here. My week 18 WI is in a few hours and I am hoping to be into the 140's. We shall see....I am super excited. I feel like I had a great week
Old 06-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, I'll try to check back later today but I'm thinking I won't have time, as I'm at work now, then at 2:00 it's time to head out, drop the dogs at grandma's and head out to the cities for Valley Fair for the weekend. So I'm gonna try to get all my updates in here:
1) The motorcycle is UP AND RUNNING BOO FREAKING YEAH!!!!!!! Sorry for the crapiness of the image, but I took a pic of my camera (with my phone) while at IHOP at 2:00AM after we got the bike up and running:

2) I'm exhausted, and had a "mini gain" this morning, although the number of potential factors are kind of limitless, so I'll list "potential culprits"...yesterday was a little C kind of day, drank all my water though and had my salt, had green bean casserole with lunch (so some carbs probably) and chicken with skin on (fat), had a total of 2.5 shakes instead of 3 total (one for breakfast, one 1/2 for dinner using RTD + powder to make a smoothie), had veggies that were grilled RIGHT before bed at like 2:00AM (home at 2:15, passed out at 2:17 I'm sure), stayed up late, was on my feet ALL night running up and down stairs, painting pieces, building motorcycle license plate bracket etc....and I got 3 hours of sleep...so that pretty much sums THAT up.

3) I leave for Valley Fair at 2:00PM, well, go home etc. etc. etc. and plan to wear makeup and hopefully get some good pics of me this weekend for my "25 lb loss" so far.

4) For the first time, the scale has only moved 0.4 lbs from Monday to Friday, which is a little discouraging, and I'm concerned my weekend (despite my being good, they got me veggies and EAS RTD just for me!) will still hurt my odds, between dehydration tomorrow (90 degrees in an amusement park for 5+ hours) and no sleep (night owl people) and I might actually see my first week of "no loss" on Monday...my 25 pound charm is on my kitchen table on a little plate, reminding me to push push push (I'm at 25 lbs today, but a 0.1 lb gain will drop it to 24.9 so no charm) through Monday so I can get that little guy on my bracelet.

5) Finally, thank you all for listening to my rants and raves, knowing you're here has been a lifesaver more than once, and sometimes when I'm feeling down I can read the forums and just remind myself I'm only human and it's OK. So thanks to everyone who posts, you all play a part in my day.

-Yoda, OUT!
1 - congrats on the bike!
2 - you make me tired just reading your posts! You're a crazy multitasker like me Take a deep breath - remember what you've accomplished and enjoy the weekend. You've been doing great - that charm is so yours, if not this week then next!
3 - may the IP force be with you.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #41  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Good morning my IP family!
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

Wow is right!!! Don't you just love "after" photos??? I sure do, and I am not done yet.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So Last night I was a bad bad IPer. I went to a work function and strayed. I am posting to stay accountable but I am not beating myself up. I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is a new day to stay 100% OP"
Glad that you came here and decided to turn it around. As we say in the wild west... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find your hat, and get back on. Have a great OP day.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #43  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good late morning all!!

Have been busy getting materials together for some house renovations. It has been hard to get all my veggies & water since I have been on the road so much (bathroom locations are important )

Had WI #11 this morning and am down 3.6 so am in WONDERLAND Now setting the goal to lose the next 10.

These past 10 days I have been using a mix of IP and alternatives to get me through (eg found EAS RTD shakes at the A&P and they worked).. and protein and salad when I am out and stuck without food (aka restricted already eaten).

I love seeing the difference in the pics and maybe this weekend I will post my before pic and a current pic.. (just have to search through the threads to find out how to do it).

Have a great 100% OP day all
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Good morning my IP family!
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.

Wow looking good!!!! You know your arms weren't bad even in your start picture so you are able to go right into sleeveless now. I just hate all the loose skin I have under my arms now. Well actually can put up with the loose skin if there were more clothes available with moderate sleeves. Everything is sleeveless especially dresses.

You have done an incredible job and will so enjoy wearing summer clothes this year!

Pat
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #45  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good attitude.
Closed Thread