Will you all share salad dressings????

• I have been on IP for 1 week and I am in desperate need of homemade IP approved salad dressings. I know people post in the recipe threads, but it takes so much time to weed through them all just to find salad dressings. As a newcomer I need to start off right with some good tasting dressings to keep me on track, I have found I don’t care for the chemical taste of the Walden farms.....HELP!!!
  • Personally I prefer a mix of apple cider vinegar and a dash of evoo, sometimes I put in a dash of lemon pepper and whatever spice I feel like. That's my simple go-to, I love that vinegar kick!
  • Thanks LizRR!!
    That is the ONLY one I know how to make and I have been eating it for 5 days (insert eye roll here) !!!
  • i love buffalo sauce and use the Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce 0/0/0 on my salad. just yestrday I mixed it with the Walden farms Bacon Ranch dressing (icky on its own) and it was really yummy on my salad.
  • I don't really know what you can/can't have on IP...but I always do 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar with 1tsp of evoo on my salads.
  • Quote: I don't really know what you can/can't have on IP...but I always do 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar with 1tsp of evoo on my salads.
    IP does not allow either Balsamic vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar.
  • Here's a few to try!

Mock Caesar Dressing

Clove minced garlic
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
    1/4 c. Olive oil
    Dash of dry mustard

Asian salad dressing

1/4 c EVOO
    1/4 c white vinegar
    1/4 c water
    2 Tbls light soy sauce (no msg)
    1-2 cloves pressed garlic

Honey Salad Dressing

1/4 olive oil
    1/4 c water
    1/4 c Dijon mustard
    1/4 c white vinegar
    Sea salt and pepper
    1-2 packets stevia
  • Quote: Thanks LizRR!!
    That is the ONLY one I know how to make and I have been eating it for 5 days (insert eye roll here) !!!
    Lol, I hear you, I couldn't really take the WF dressings as dressings, I use them for stir frys (and always doctored up) though. I actually haven't had a 'salad' in a looooong time, I've taken to stuffing extra lettuce in my spinach smoothie though to get in that roughage.
  • I couldn't take the WF Dressing either. Below is one of my favorites.

Olive Oil & Lemon Juice Dressing: For All Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol
    2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    5 tbsp olive oil
    sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Put all ingredients in a Mason or jam jar and shake. Dress your salad with 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp. This will keep its taste in the fridge for a couple of days.
  • I only like the WF Italian and Thousand Island dressing. The packets are always in my purse just in case I eat out at the last minute and need it for my salad. At home I use a mix of Olive Oil with garlic powder and a little sea salt. I usually add it to my spinach. I made this for company and everyone loved it!
  • Target has two mustards that are different (and have no sugar!) jalapeno and lemon flavor. I like to mix one these with a vinegar and EVOO. And then put in some spices. I have a few vinegars too, rice wine, white, orange champagne, apple cider. I just mix and match with spices.

I am also a big fan of the squeezable garlic, ginger, basil and chiles - they are in the veggie section of the grocery store. Add a bunch of flavor, last a long time and are easy.

Another salad favorite is salsa. Just make sure it has real ingredients and no sugar.
  • Thank You!!
    Thank you all!!! I wish I could express how much I appreciate this. These suggestions will get me started to the road to sucess!!!
  • My salad dressing is super easy and yummy

1tsp (or less) splenda
    2tsp EVOO
    2tsp vinegard
    dash Ms Dash

that's it and that way i also get my oil
  • I mix creole mustard, olive oil and sea salt together for a dressing, yummy!

Not sure if you can get Zatarain's creole mustard where you are at, but i imagine you can find a 0/0/0 chinese hot mustard and do it to.
  • Keep those dressings coming!
    Beck81,

I made your Honey dressing and LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing and keep those dressings coming!!!