MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 17 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: Coconut Fried Sweet Cinnamon Jicama Chips!!!
    DH ate a late lunch and I really like for us to eat dinner together, but to tide me over until he starts to get hungry in an hour or so, I tried these. Oh my, what a super snack.

rainbow, you come up with the best recipes.

Molly
  • Quote:
    so i read on one of the threads....someone tried frying jicama fries in coconut oil....
    hmmmm....

THANK YOU Prim2012 for that idea!!!
    here is my version!!

Coconut Fried Sweet Cinnamon Jicama Chips!!!

HECK YEAH....HEE-ka-ma

YUMMY.....YUMMY....OOOooo SO YUMMY....I NEARLY LiCKED THE PLATE!!

peel your jicama and slice as thin as you can!!
    the thinner, the crispier the edges!!!

i only used 1 tsp coconut oil....in the pan...
    saute your jicama chips on both sides....until slightly brown!

once they start to brown, sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda...
    or powdered stevia or sweetener of choice.

flip your slices and cover the other side with cinnamon splenda too!!

O.M.G. SWEET GOODNESS!!!

ok....the taste....on the first bite...i was like....wait a minute...
    these taste like....like....
    a cross between a cinnamon funnel cake and those
    crispy edges of your favorite pancakes!!!!

i kid you not!!!

WANNABiTE???????????

another bite...and ....YUM!!!!

i topped mine with 1 TBSP Walden Farms Maple Syrup...
    and by the time i was getting to the end...this most delicious
    flavor was bursting through leaving a puddle of
    cinnamony goodness in the plate!!

DID YOU SAY YOU WANTED SOME???

ahhhhh SORRY...i ate it all!!
    and YES I EVEN LICKED THE PLATE!!
    well, almost, cleaned the plate with my fingers and licked them clean!!

i'm so so so soooooooo BAD!!!!

Awesome! I told you you would like jicama!
  • Rainbow...whats the deal with the coconut oil (in a jar). is it the same as using EVOO? better for you?
    Im on Phase 1 strictly IP no alternatives...Please advise..your stuff always looks so yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
  • Quote: Rainbow...whats the deal with the coconut oil (in a jar). is it the same as using EVOO? better for you?
    Im on Phase 1 strictly IP no alternatives...Please advise..your stuff always looks so yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    i tend to use coconut oil when pan frying, searing or sauteeing, and i use evoo in salad dressings or for veggie chips

BOTH are very good choices.

if you are strictly IP, then only use evoo...or ask your coaches advice and do as your coach suggests because working with your own coach and being on the same page is very important.

i do not have a coach. all of the ipees here are MY coaches!!

i am planning to eat paleo following my ip journey, so am incorporating some good choices now that will carry my through my lifetime....like coconut oil, coconut milk, almond milk and occasionally some nuts like pumpkin seeds and almonds.

i suggest looking online for health benefits of each and then making your own choice as to what is best for you!!

here is one link to get you started in your research!! good luck!!

http://www.kelapo.com/coconut-oil-benefits/
  • Good morning Rainbow!!! Thanks for the cookies link, why didn't I check your thread?? Duh!!!! Do you think the cookies recipe would work with a pudding packet instead of a drink packet? Going to make them right now and report back!! Xoxoxoxoxo. Hope your bike ride was awesome!!! My Trek Navigator is loving me right now, back on the saddle baby!!
  • Quote: Good morning Rainbow!!! Thanks for the cookies link, why didn't I check your thread?? Duh!!!! Do you think the cookies recipe would work with a pudding packet instead of a drink packet? Going to make them right now and report back!! Xoxoxoxoxo. Hope your bike ride was awesome!!! My Trek Navigator is loving me right now, back on the saddle baby!!
    i traded ALL my pudding mixes away!! i only had 1/2 of a lemon packet to experiment...see the recipe back a few pages for the lemon cookies.

they were golden and had crispy edges...and a tiny bit chewy in the middle...the flavor was delicious, but the aftertaste that i taste in the puddings was still there....so i didn't care for them...however, DH came home and LOVED them and ate them all!!!! so i will be waiting to hear your results!!!

i love the wildberry yogurt cookies!!!
  • just made your cappucino cookies...boy are they CRISPY!!! got 6 huge cookies!!!
    i think this is the best cookie recipe!!! i dont know why, but each time i make a cookie from the drink, the texture and crispiness are always different!!
    but these are AWESOME!!!!!
  • Quote: i tend to use coconut oil when pan frying, searing or sauteeing, and i use evoo in salad dressings or for veggie chips

BOTH are very good choices.

if you are strictly IP, then only use evoo...or ask your coaches advice and do as your coach suggests because working with your own coach and being on the same page is very important.

i do not have a coach. all of the ipees here are MY coaches!!

i am planning to eat paleo following my ip journey, so am incorporating some good choices now that will carry my through my lifetime....like coconut oil, coconut milk, almond milk and occasionally some nuts like pumpkin seeds and almonds.

i suggest looking online for health benefits of each and then making your own choice as to

here is one link to get you started in your research!! good luck!!

http://www.kelapo.com/coconut-oil-benefits/

Hi, rainbowsmiles, your even more amazing,besides the recipies I cannot believe you don't have a coach. You have done SUPER I'm curious how you got started on IP and did you have a coach in the past?
  • Quote: just made your cappucino cookies...boy are they CRISPY!!! got 6 huge cookies!!!
    i think this is the best cookie recipe!!! i dont know why, but each time i make a cookie from the drink, the texture and crispiness are always different!!
    but these are AWESOME!!!!!
    Rainbow, do you think this recipe would work with the chocolate drink instead of the cappucino?

I have a few wildberry packages so I will start with the wildberry cookies first.

Pat
  • Quote:
    its no secret that i love love love kale chips!!!!!!!! i eat them 4-5 times a week!! usually as an afternoon or bedtime snack!!

keeping with my try something NEW each week....this week is
    ZUCCHINI CHIPS!!

i have to tell you....i am NOT a huge zucchini fan...i do like it in soup...but not cooked alone or even roasted. so i was super super skeptical. and 2 hours of time invested!!! fortunately the oven does most of the work!!!

i had to practically FORCE myself to slow down from gobbling them up!!

i love savory things!! and i love crunchy things!! and omg...these were so delicious!!!!

MOVE OVER LOVE OF MY LIFE KALE CHIPS....theres a NEW CHIP in my life!! hahahaha and his name is SIR ZUCCHINI CHIP!!!!

ZUCCHiNi CHiPS

i just made some for the first time ever in my life....after reading about others making them using their dehydrator and me coveting everyone's dehydrator...i thought i'd make some in the oven.

here was my inspiration:
    http://cookingwithmichele.com/2011/0...ucchini-chips/

i used my mandolin and sliced the zucchini nearly paper thin...

i used parchment paper and a few were on the edge of the pan....divajen is NOT kidding, they stick like mad....so use parchment paper for sure!! i used a MISTO sprayer for a very light spray of EVOO. i added salt and pepper.

one medium zucchini made all these chips!!!

DO NOT OVER SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me say that again....i thought i used only a wee bit and they were borderline too salty but OOOO SO GOOOD!!!

i Baked at 170....the lowest my oven would go, for 1 hour, then turned them all over, yes one by one!! DONT SKIP THIS STEP!! ....and baked another 50 mins (or more, ch3eck each 5 mins for crunchiness level) and they were crispy like potato chips....crunchy!!! YES!!!! i barely got one photo...before i gobbled them all up....1 zucchini made a whole pan but i can tell you, they were eaten in a few minutes!!!!!!!!! a skinny new york minute!!!! i will probably make some more for supper as this was a test run!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mmmmmm... I shared this one with my sister today. Thanks again Rainbow!
  • thank you! these are amazing!! i had one wildberry pack left and i despised it but in cookie form it is so good. my boyfriend came home and thought i was making blueberry muffins lol.
  • SUNNY CiTRUS JiCAMA RAiNBOW SALAD
    SUNNY CiTRUS JiCAMA RAiNBOW SALAD

OMG.....just let me go on record now and say...
    this is one of the
    MOST DELiCiOUS SALADS EVER!!!!!!!!!!

a BURST of flavors!!!!

this is a JICAMA!!!
    it has a faint apple taste and texture!! crispy!!

peel, slice and julienne!!

colored red peppers...these are the mini ones that come in
    a large bag

julienne thin strips

red onions slices

snow peas

all julienned!!

lemon and lime....yummy!!

zest your lime and lemon into a bowl

add your juice!!

here is what i used!

add 1 tsp splenda

add a dash or two or 15 of hot sauce!! H.O.T. and S.P.I.C.Y.

add 1 tsp garlic

add 1 tsp cilantro or more to taste

mix well

add your olive oil in a small stream and whisk well
    while drizzling!!

add your salt and pepper!!
    I LOVE USING PiNK SALT!!!
    iT BRiNGS OUT THE PRiNCESS iN ME!!

gotta add red pepper flakes!!!

pour your dressing over your salad and mix well!!

JUST LOOK AT ALL THAT DELICIOUS VEGGIE GOODNESS!!!

this salad was
    REFRESHING!!!
    CRISPY CRUNCHY TANGY CITRUSY!!!

WANNABiTE??????

Sunny Citrus Jicama Rainbow "Smiles" Salad

Dressing:
    Juice and zest from 1 lime and 1/2 lemon
    1 tsp splenda
    1 tsp Tabasco sauce
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp chopped cilantro
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    Salt and pepper
    Salad:
    1/3 medium jícama, peeled and julienned
    3/4 cup colored peppers, cut into julienne strips
    a red onion slices
    a few snow peas julienned

1. To make the dressing, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, lime and lemon zest, splenda (or stevia or sweetener of your choice, tabasco, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Add red pepper flakes if you like...I LOVE!!

2. Add the jicama, colored peppers, red onions and snow peas into a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.

3. You can eat immediately....or cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before serving. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.

because i am doing BOTH IP AND Alternatives...this is how i enjoyed mine!!

1 serving dried beef, sunny citrus rainbow salad, 1/4 serving IP Raspberry and Grape Jelly, and 10 Chocolate Soy Puffs...because i love chocolate!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

• Rainbow, that looks soooooooooo good and I like spicey!
  • you save me !!!! ha ha i get so bored and you make me want to try new stuff and not be a naughty girl and eat bad stuff..need to find a english muffins ring for some buns ha ha
  • Quote: Rainbow, do you think this recipe would work with the chocolate drink instead of the cappucino?

I have a few wildberry packages so I will start with the wildberry cookies first.

Pat
    pat...i do not know as i have never tried the chocolate drink. so sorry i cant be of any more help.

Quote: Hi, rainbowsmiles, your even more amazing,besides the recipies I cannot believe you don't have a coach. You have done SUPER I'm curious how you got started on IP and did you have a coach in the past?
    i have never had an IP coach. i have learned from everyone on here...and i love to just experiment with cooking.