IP Daily Chat Thursday 06/28/12

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.
  • Good morning! I hope you have a great WI today usmcvet! Today is my Mother's birthday and we are giving her party, but I will do great.

Another day in the 100's and in the pool. Thank goodness we have a pool! This is the hottest June I remember, ever.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.
  • Quote: Good morning! I hope you have a great WI today usmcvet! Today is my Mother's birthday and we are giving her party, but I will do great.

Another day in the 100's and in the pool. Thank goodness we have a pool! This is the hottest June I remember, ever.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.
    Thank you. I wish we had a pool at home!
  • Best wishes for a great WI usmcvet!
  • I'm sending good vibes for your WI today usmcvet! Fingers crossed....
  • Quote: Best wishes for a great WI usmcvet!
    Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.
  • Quote: Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.
    Good luck on your weigh in, I know that you are going to do great!!! Remember, any loss is a great loss, even if it is just inches! You've got this. I am so proud of you for what you have done so far!!!!

Well according to the Wii this morning, I am back down to where I was last week. Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad. I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

I see there are alot of newbies here, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to start this plan. I feel it is the best decision anyone can make. Yes it is a very restricted plan, but at least you know what you are going to have everyday and you don't have to sit and stare into the cabinets and fridge deciding what you are going to fix. It does become easier after the first week or so. There is alot if support here on this site, so please do not be afraid to ask questions. If you fall off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and get right back on, don't beat yourself up over it. There will be times that you may get some tough love from us here, but please do not take is personally, it it out of love and concern. We know that it can be done, and we know that you can do it. We ALL are here because of one reason and we are in this together. We all know what it feels likes and that is what makes this such a wonderful place.

Congratulations to all the ones who had weigh in's so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Hugs and smooches to ya'll!!
  • Day 4...
    Good Morning Everyone! Happy WI day to all who are weighing in! So this is day 4, have a slight headache this morning, probably normal, right? Did great yesterday, no hunger feelings. I really can't believe that one!

Gonna try something different today: I need another cup of coffee and I'm going to try putting some of my breakfast shake into it instead of half and half. I am still working on easing off of the h & h use in my coffee, so hoping that using some of my shake to make it taste better than black coffee.

It's going to be pretty hot where I am today! Water water water! I bought some flavored sparkling waters yesterday and plan to add a few splashes into my water bottle just for variety. That's OK isn't it? The bottle claims zero everything: calories, carbs, sugars.

Have a great day peeps!
  • Quote: Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.
    Stop by on your way back through
  • Good morning everyone! Quick question -- I'm in my 8th week faithfully. I'm having a harder week with cravings and hunger (TOM). My coach told me to add another packet to deal with this. So, the past couple of nights I had an extra restricted (knowing I should of had a nonrestricted). What are the consequences of this?
  • Good Morning Everyone!

Today is Day 3 for me. I am feeling good just tired, but I am always tired.
    I did sneak on the scale today but its hard to tell how much I've lost (I know I've lost something) b/c I have a digital scale and the clinic has the scale where you slide the bars, KWIM? So I am going to have to tough it out until next Tuesday when I go WI.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.

Another hot one! heat index 108-115 UGHHH!!! This weather does nothing for my hair.

Have a GREAT OP day!!!
  • Quote: Good morning everyone! Quick question -- I'm in my 8th week faithfully. I'm having a harder week with cravings and hunger (TOM). My coach told me to add another packet to deal with this. So, the past couple of nights I had an extra restricted (knowing I should of had a nonrestricted). What are the consequences of this?

There may not be much of a loss this time. As far as the hunger, snack on some egg whites, boil some eggs and discard the yolks, scrable some egg whites, spread your veggies out throughout the day instead of eating them all at lunch and dinner. I have had to do this a couple of times. As long as you get your recommned 4 cups in a day everything is fine. Try drinking some hot herbal tea when you feel the hunger pangs.

Try and distinguse if it is a true hunger or a head hunger. I had to learn that. And remember that YOU CONTROL THE FOOD, FOOD DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!!!

Since it is TOM, when you feel the cravings, go and do something else to distract yourself from it, try taking a short walk...something to take your mind off of the craving. You can and will get thru this.
  • Morning IP peeps! I hope I can keep up with you today!

Tonight is my consult and tomorrow I'll start. Thanks for all the great information here.

kaypix, love the bike!

Hope today's WI's go well.
  • Quote: Good luck on your weigh in, I know that you are going to do great!!! Remember, any loss is a great loss, even if it is just inches! You've got this. I am so proud of you for what you have done so far!!!!

Well according to the Wii this morning, I am back down to where I was last week. Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad. I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

I see there are alot of newbies here, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to start this plan. I feel it is the best decision anyone can make. Yes it is a very restricted plan, but at least you know what you are going to have everyday and you don't have to sit and stare into the cabinets and fridge deciding what you are going to fix. It does become easier after the first week or so. There is alot if support here on this site, so please do not be afraid to ask questions. If you fall off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and get right back on, don't beat yourself up over it. There will be times that you may get some tough love from us here, but please do not take is personally, it it out of love and concern. We know that it can be done, and we know that you can do it. We ALL are here because of one reason and we are in this together. We all know what it feels likes and that is what makes this such a wonderful place.

Congratulations to all the ones who had weigh in's so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Hugs and smooches to ya'll!!
    Riss- I was thinking the same things about toning. I feel like the saggy baggy elephant! But this is such a fabulous program, the weight does come off! Happy HOT day here in the DC area!