Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #106  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz904 View Post
I'm new to this forum and have been OP for 5 weeks now. I'm wondering what most women's average weekly weight loss is. My first two weeks were excellent (8.5 lbs each week) and after that, I'm only averaging about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week. I'd like to see better results than that. I'm getting kind of discouraged as I'd hoped the weight loss would be more than 1-2 lbs per week.

Thanks!
Hi ..i started april 9 and had 2 weeks big loses also and now im losing about 2 pounds a week ..sometimes i get frustrated but it so is worth it ..i get excited about the inches also..Ive now lost 66 pounds and like to say slow and steady wins the race
Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #107  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Can we drink any sort of tea? I want to buy this tea since it's so yummy! This is my favorite tea store lol

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate...lemon-mate-tea
Old 06-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

[quote=Porthardygurl;4387275]UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Vet you better watch out or all the women will be speeding through your town hoping to get caught
Old 06-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Can we drink any sort of tea? I want to buy this tea since it's so yummy! This is my favorite tea store lol

I love teavana! Not sure about this tea though - it has fruit in it. I don't know enough about how it would affect the carb count from steeping it..

Last edited by reneepw; 06-28-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Hi All
Not a great WI today only down a little over 1 lb. Last week was really great at 4 lbs but I guess you take the highs and the lows. At least I am down a lb.
Keeping it OP and so I am not worried. Hope you all have a great rest of your Thursday!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #111  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

I love teavana too :-D Then I can get the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls green tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I love teavana! Not sure about this tea though - it has fruit in it. I don't enough about how it would affect the carb count from steeping it..
Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #112  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Has anybody exercised and had more weight loss? I know we aren't supposed to but the weeks I did I had better results. What have your coaches advised about exercise?
My coach let me workout from week 3 on. They only thing she advised me of is keeping the cardio on the light side. I now lift weights every other day and on my off days I usually go for a walk or swim since it's getting so hot outside. I don't notice a difference one way or the other on the scale though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Please check out this amazing woman and fellow 3fc members video and vote for her!

157 lbs GONE! Lost HALF My Body Weight! (Before & After Pics & Video)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ics-video.html
What a great story and a beautiful woman, and I love how she turned her life around in so many ways. She gets my vote for sure.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I lost an average of about 3 pounds a week, it took me about 10 weeks to lose the first 30 pounds. I had big losses the first 3 weeks and then much slower losses for the remaining 7. I eventually settled out at around 145...

I have tried a few times to get lower, but even with full on phase 1 this seems to be my final weight. I do have lots of muscle...
Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #114  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Down 107#'s as of WI today!
Whahoo!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you made that goal before July. Getting closer to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Hope everyone is having a great day! I took out some boneless pork country ribs (lots of meat, little fat), from my freezer but cannot use the recipes I would normally use for them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce or marinade that would be 100% IP? I know I can parboil them to get rid of excess fat.but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas??
I know I am a little late as it's dinner time on the east coast, but here are my favorite Pork recipes for the next time.

Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Chops
4 lean chops
1/2 cup chicken broth
Chili sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
Chopped garlic
Directions:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low for 5 hours. For non-dieters sauce can be used on rice.

Pantry Pork Chops -(Phases 1-4)
Marinade
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork rib chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick each
Directions:
Marinade: in a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large plastic bag (Ziploc) and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Sear the chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(Indirect barbeque cooking: the indirect method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance that you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the indirect method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time. Examples include roasts, ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and other large cuts of meat, as well as delicate fish fillets. To grill by the indirect method on a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food to the temperature noted in the recipe and turn off the burner(s) directly below the food. For best results, place roasts, poultry, or large cuts of meat on a roasting rack set inside a disposable heavy-gauge foil pan. For longer cooking times, add water to the foil pan to keep drippings from burning.)

Southwest Pork chops
2 Porkchops
1 egg
spices
1 half bag of IP southwest cheese curls
1 Large Ziploc bag
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix the egg in a bowl
Coat pork chops in egg mixture
put half bag of cheese curls into the Ziploc and crush/pound until fine
Add various spices (I put cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper)
Add the pork chops and shake until coated
Put pork chops on a baking sheet lined with foil/ olive oil
If there are any remnants of the cheese curls in the bag, add them to the tops of the pork chops and press the mixture on.
Bake for 1 hour and enjoy!

Pigs in a Blanket: For All Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol
Slice 1 piece of pork or steak into 1″ strips and fry with mushrooms and peppers (strips). Mix one
packet of Ideal Protein Plain Crepe in a blender with garlic, sea salt, pepper and fresh dill. Pour in ice cream scoop size on a pan (makes 5-6) and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
Using a spatula flip each piece, place strip of meat, mushrooms, and peppers in the middle and fold
in sides. Hold with a toothpick and place back in oven for 5 minutes. Add other veggies if you wish.

Juicy Chipotle Roasted Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin (1 - 1 1/2 pounds)
Chipotle Rub by Pampered Chef*** (some other rub options are at the bottom of the page, if you don't have this)
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Sprinkle rub on outside of Pork Tenderloin until coated
3) Heat olive oil in pan over med-high heat. (preferred is a cast iron pan, or any pan that can go from stovetop to oven).
4) When pan is hot place pork tenderloin in pan, searing on all sides. Searing is important here - it seals the juices into the meat, so don't skip this step! To sear, turn the meat after about 1-2 minutes on the heat. Keep rotating until all sides have been seared.
5) Transfer the pan into the preheated oven (if you don't have a pan that can go from stove to oven, transfer into an oven-suitable pan).
6) bake for 20 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, slice and enjoy.

MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN
Marinade:
¼ c. plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. Stevia (or Splenda)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 pork tenderloin
Directions:
In a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the tenderloin in a large plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. Remove tenderloin from the bag and discard the marinade. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and bake in a slow oven for approximately 5-6 hours until a meat thermometer reads 155 – 160 degrees.

__________________________________________________ _____

We're about to leave for the first part of our drive to Michigan. I'm looking forward to my on-the-road Subway salad in a bit. I think I'm all organized though DH almost for got to pack my food.

Will be checking in along the way.

Molly
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #115  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I lost an average of about 3 pounds a week, it took me about 10 weeks to lose the first 30 pounds. I had big losses the first 3 weeks and then much slower losses for the remaining 7. I eventually settled out at around 145...

I have tried a few times to get lower, but even with full on phase 1 this seems to be my final weight. I do have lots of muscle...
You are seriously at an Elite level Momto2cs. I see your avatar and always think "Ironwoman is here!" (black sabbath playing in the background)...

Last edited by LizRR; 06-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub View Post
Can someone tell me if The Protein Store changed their web address again? TIA
I put in shopforprotein.com and it seems to be the same as always. I didn't try to order anything though.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #117  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I put in shopforprotein.com and it seems to be the same as always. I didn't try to oreder anything though.
Pat
Yes - just worked for me too.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #118  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Did I just overdo dinner??? I kinda panicked BC the meat I took out was still frozen and it's time for me to get groceries. Please tell me what you think.

I had 6 oz of seasoned steak strips (pre packaged kind), and about 1 cup of pepper stirfry which had onions sautéed all of that in a little bit of olive oil, then I had a boiled egg.

This is day 3 for me and I just learned a lesson that I need to be more prepared.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #119  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!
now I'm blushing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Hi ..i started april 9 and had 2 weeks big loses also and now im losing about 2 pounds a week ..sometimes i get frustrated but it so is worth it ..i get excited about the inches also..Ive now lost 66 pounds and like to say slow and steady wins the race
66#'S is Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post

if it is 0/0/0 it is free. Zero Carbs/Sugar/Fat=free

[QUOTE=reneepw;4387318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Vet you better watch out or all the women will be speeding through your town hoping to get caught
Flirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi All
Not a great WI today only down a little over 1 lb. Last week was really great at 4 lbs but I guess you take the highs and the lows. At least I am down a lb.
Keeping it OP and so I am not worried. Hope you all have a great rest of your Thursday!!
hey pick up the nasty looking 1# rubber fat display and be glad it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
What a great story and a beautiful woman, and I love how she turned her life around in so many ways. She gets my vote for sure.
. I was impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Whahoo!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you made that goal before July. Getting closer to Disney.
__________________________________________________ _

We're about to leave for the first part of our drive to Michigan. I'm looking forward to my on-the-road Subway salad in a bit. I think I'm all organized though DH almost for got to pack my food.

Will be checking in along the way.

Molly
Thanks Molly! Disney! Seems like I can't actually make it sooner than I thought!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

[QUOTE=usmcvet;4386626]Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.[/QUOTE
Good luck at your weighin.......skinny!
Hey, I just noticed your VT107. My family has a place up in Vergennes, right on the lake......I will be vacationing there in August. Are you anywhere near there....? It is truly God's country up there.
Closed Thread