Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

jwdesselle Good luck with the WI today!

LizRR Question for you? What was the reasoning behind the switch to staying on Phase I until 100% of the weight loss goal is reached? I am curious -- I use alternatives and don't have a coach so am interested to learn from you all. Thanks so much

IP is so interesting to me in that it has clearly evolved so much from its original inception to Dr. Tran's book to now. Reminds me of the "practice" of medicine (which it kind of is) and the "practice" of law. Things evolve based on experience and results (like making things restricted or unrestricted, or changing goal settings, timelines, etc.). Reaffirms to me that while it is important to stay 100% OP, within those confines, I need to make adjustments as to what works for me or what causes stalls, gives the weight loss a boost, etc.

Feeling positive and strong today despite a rough evening and night yesterday. Got my meals all planned out and have already starting all my prepping for my vaca next week. Good luck to everyone with WIs today!

Last edited by Bdmom; 06-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #62  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey y'all....Happy to report week 60 WI in is down another 3lbs!!! SUPER excited about that! I am now officially an IP coach, and today one of my clients HIT GOAL! we were both doing the happy dance!....lo

Here is week 60 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qHz1b8lG4
You are such an amazing person!!! I love watching you videos. You are so adorable. Good job this week.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #63  

Height: 5'9"

Ticker test

ETA: hey hey hey

Last edited by Thorfinn; 06-27-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #64  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
LizRR Question for you? What was the reasoning behind the switch to staying on Phase I until 100% of the weight loss goal is reached? I am curious -- I use alternatives and don't have a coach so am interested to learn from you all. Thanks so much

IP is so interesting to me in that it has clearly evolved so much from its original inception to Dr. Tran's book to now. Reminds me of the "practice" of medicine (which it kind of is) and the "practice" of law. Things evolve based on experience and results (like making things restricted or unrestricted, or changing goal settings, timelines, etc.). Reaffirms to me that while it is important to stay 100% OP, within those confines, I need to make adjustments as to what works for me or what causes stalls, gives the weight loss a boost, etc.
She said that the reasoning, and also I love that the program is 'research driven' and evolves as more is learned, came about due to observations. In Phase 2, you do still continue to lose since you are slightly increasing calories (by ~200 cals), but you are still in ketosis and typically would hit your 100% goal - but then when you move to Phase 3 you start to reintroduce carbs and build up your glycogen reserves, hence slight weight gain (obviously not fat, but it happens). Many coaches would suggest a 'slightly lower goal' when it was Phase 1 to 90% due to this fact, since they saw through experience that Phase 2 and Phase 3 'balanced each other out' in terms of those last few pounds to goal. The change was made so that the "goal cushion" was no longer needed - your goal is now your true goal, taking that 'balancing' of Phase 2->Phase 3 out of the equation.

*Also want to clarify, this was a workshop my coach held on her own, so some of what she presented was anecdotal based on IP research, information from IP workshops, and observations from her own and colleagues clinics

Last edited by LizRR; 06-27-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #65  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
You are such an amazing person!!! I love watching you videos. You are so adorable. Good job this week.
awww ty
Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. Glad to see so much good news in here today! Hope the trends continue for the rest of the week.

usmc - huge big luck vibes for the 100 are coming your way.

After my big fat zero weigh in last night I'm doing my best to just keep on keepin on. I'm dedicated to this program and my health and I have to hope that things will improve/pick up again in the not too distant future.

In other great news, DH crossed the 80lb mark and is now either 10 or 15 lbs away from his goal!!! So excited for him. He's doing amazing and the transformation is insane! He also broke the less than 25% body fat mark today which is just incredible. It's amazing how hard he's worked. He was close to 400bs before we met, then lost 90 on his own and now another 90 or 95 on IP. He's so happy to finally be healthy for, really, the first time ever.

Awesome.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

yummy mid morning snack and totally P1 compliant. Romaine lettuce with Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce 0/0/0 and WF bacon ranch dressing. all free!! bonus is that my lips are burning so much that I am not tempted to snack. lol. lunch is only 60 minutes away. yay.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Trish, I think you look pretty in both of your pictures, but so much happier in the second one. Definitely take a new one! You are so close to goal, I'm sure you will be beaming!
Thanks!!! I am much happier in the second pic! So where are you at in Illinois? Saw you post that you are a few hours from Chicago. I'm in the Champaign-Urbana area!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi folks,
Glad to hear everyone is out and about and doing well today. I just totally messed up at lunch Went out with colleagues; ordered an asian chicken salad - and it was not only breaded but covered with a sweet/sour sauce. It was my stupid fault for not asking questions when i placed the order but we had come out of a meeting, were talking and i thought ooh - chicken/salad...good. Grr. I feel awful - and my stomach isn't liking it either. An 'upside' - it tasted way too sweet and I'm not even tempted to do it again. I've been really good on this business trip too.

Back to the basics the rest of the week for me.

Good luck on all the WI's today.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #70  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Exciting SVs and NSVs today - Congrats to all! Since I am on the West Coast, by the time i have a chance to "check in" it's afternoon for a lot of you and the daily chat thread is always pages & pages long!

My WI is tomorrow...so if one of you is done with the "woosh fairy" - please send her to see me
Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #71  

From yesterday's daily. Too good to miss!

Actifry is a...Uhmmm...I dont know wtf it is but basically it turns out food similar to deep fried, without frying or using oil...They say a teaspoon of oil, but we never use any. They sell them everywhere, WallyWorld, Can Tire, Zellers, Bay, etc...Check around though the pricing is all over the place. Here is a link for it: http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/Co...ry/Actifry.htm

Now...PC Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce...is of course 0/0/0 and Franks Red Hot Buffallo sauce is 5 cal and 1g carbs if I remember, but the PC stuff is good, and there is a mild version too.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOn...roductId=17863

Now...the chicken...I love wings but of course we are not supposed to have skin, so...Two diffferent way...

1) Chicken breast-cut into strips roughly the size of a chicken wing, toss into the Actifry for approx 25 mins, add sauce and back on for 5 mins..

2) I buy actual chicken wings (not split) and then split them myself, and with a fillet knife, one slice up each side and the skin peels right off, then I use actual chicken wings...they are definitely a bit fattier, but taste really good. Same process for cooking, but I do them a bit longer, approx 30 mins and then 5 more with the sauce.

If you were a wing lover, these are a fantastic substitute. The actifry apparently does all kinds of things like fries and stuff, but we actually bought it for meatballs, wings and perogies, then when I started IP it went into the pantry. I have just started experimenting with it, so more to follow.

Thanks a ton longhorn!!!! This is going to have to be tried!!!!! And no oil then in the unit? Ok. Good to know!! On the hunt for one. Thanks!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
She said that the reasoning, and also I love that the program is 'research driven' and evolves as more is learned, came about due to observations. In Phase 2, you do still continue to lose since you are slightly increasing calories (by ~200 cals), but you are still in ketosis and typically would hit your 100% goal - but then when you move to Phase 3 you start to reintroduce carbs and build up your glycogen reserves, hence slight weight gain (obviously not fat, but it happens). Many coaches would suggest a 'slightly lower goal' when it was Phase 1 to 90% due to this fact, since they saw through experience that Phase 2 and Phase 3 'balanced each other out' in terms of those last few pounds to goal. The change was made so that the "goal cushion" was no longer needed - your goal is now your true goal, taking that 'balancing' of Phase 2->Phase 3 out of the equation.

*Also want to clarify, this was a workshop my coach held on her own, so some of what she presented was anecdotal based on IP research, information from IP workshops, and observations from her own and colleagues clinics
I was told this - good explaination Liz (not just another pretty face you!), also told you just maximize your weight loss going 100% as Phase 2 was just taking too long. I went 100% to my goal and spend most of my 'normal maintenance days' well below my goal (lost in the phasing off stage)...sometimes I jump up 1 lb past it but only for a day after an over eager 'fun day' and that is usually sodium.

Very happy to have gone 100%, can't thank the 3FC IP forum enough for THAT decision!

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

LizRR, Thanks for the explanation. Makes total sense. Making the change in phases and regiment AFTER your body has reached its goal seems like it is actually making the transition much more manageable.

Ishbel, Your success is amazing, and clearly proof that the change is goals/phase start-stop is warranted.

IPDivaJen, Congrats to your DH! Woo hoo! He gave himself the gift of good health - amazing!

Last edited by Bdmom; 06-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Good morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

For the first time in a week, I didn't have an anxiety dream about binge eating last night. What a relief! I think I feel more confident in the plan now.

Usmcvet, cheers to a great day leading you to that 100 number

Kbig, have fun in Chicago! I live a few hours from there! What will you be doing while there?

Kaypix, I hope you feel better today!

~Jenni
Haha...I've had those dreams, too! I dreamt the other night that I was cutting up chicken nuggets and tater tots for my kids and I would bite half and give them the other half. I then realized I was on the diet and wasn't supposed to eat that and I woke in a bit of a panic. Those dreams are horrible!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Quick question...anyone get charlie horses? I got a doozy of one four or five days ago and increased my potassium to 2 a day (as per coach's instructions) for three days. Today was the last of the three days, and I got another really bad one today. I bent over to pick up my one year old and it came on so quick and so strong that I thought I seriously injured myself. Now, a few hours later, I still can't walk on it. I can flex and move the muscle while sitting, but can't if I put my weight on it.

Anybody else go through this and/or know what to do about this? BTW, I'm on day 16. Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread