Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I have a wicked summer cold and am wondering what anyone has found that we can safely use as a throat lozenge. I'm about to float away from drinking so much hot tea...it feels great but I need something else to soothe my throat.
Thanks!
I had the same thing when I first started IP, my coach said because I was so sick it was okay to suck on sugar-free lozenges. I also had to take cough syrup for my cough (and you know that was full of sugar) but it didn't effect my loss, just take only when needed.

Good luck

Caren
rvingprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Today is my first week's official WI and I'm down 6lbs!!! Have a great day everyone!
Great first WI, keep up the good work.

Caren
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!!
Welcome to this crazy forum, it is a great place to be, ask any questions you like someone will know the answer.

Caren
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Question

good morning everyone, felt pretty cruddy when I woke up this morning but doing better, day 5 OP, only had one cup of coffee, but having tea right now. does anyone know if we can use Granulated Honey as a sweetner?

bttrhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #20  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Good morning everyone! This morning, I had iced coffee and crispy cereal. I made a Vanilla drink and added most of it to my coffee. Then I added a bit to my cereal. Along with some cinnamon, it was almost like rice pudding! Better way to dress up the bland cereal.

Does anyone else think that no matter how cold the water, the IP products seem warm? I now add ice cubes to everything cold and eat around it.

Thank you for the wonderful greeting yesterday. I feel so inspired and want to stay surrounded by optimism and positivity. Yes, there are challenges, but I love that everyone is so ready to fight them for what they want.

Take care everyone,
~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmax View Post
Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Congrats on the weight loss, but Atkins is not really comparable to IP it is highter in fat & calories. I have researched some alternatives as I am swithching due to the hight cost of IP. I have found at Costco you can get Muscle milk lite (make sure it is LITE, the regular has double the calories) that is similair to IP and costs a whole lot less 24 for $28.99 you might want to look into that. Costco also has the detour bars which are similar to IP and you get 15 bars for around $15.00. Good luck.

Caren

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Does anyone else think that no matter how cold the water, the IP products seem warm? I now add ice cubes to everything cold and eat around it.
I used to make my shakes and puddings and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to cool down. If I used the water cooler at work I didn't need to but it was still a little more refreshing that way.
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #23  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!!
Hi! I am a newbie too. I am almost done with my first week with IP. Yes, the food is a bit weird but you get used to it. I find that sometimes the idea of preparing the food is unappetizing, in the end I am only occasionally disappointed with the final product.

We both had cereal for breakfast! It isn't the best, but there is lots of room for dressing it up. I have found that cinnamon works well. How did you like it?

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #24  
- 15lbs and counting!

S/C/G: 183.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Congrats on the weight loss, but Atkins is not really comparable to IP it is highter in fat & calories. I have research some alternatives as I am swithching due to the hight cost of IP. I have found at Costco you can get Muscle milk lite that is similair to IP and costs a whole lot less 24 for $28.99 you might want to look into that. Costco also has the detour bars which are similar to IP and you get 15 bars for around $15.00. Good luck.

Caren
Caren how long have you been using alternate products? Have you noticed any difference in weight loss? The cost of this program is crazy. (But it WORKS.) I am not sure how long I can keep up with the cost of things as my husband just switched jobs and we won't be seeing a commission for awhile.

Good morning everyone!

Day two being back on track after my fall off this weekend and feeling better. I was (TMI) SO CONSTIPATED from eating the bread and cheese on the pizza that it took until this morning to relieve it with the help of some Smooth Moves tea last night.

The bad thing about falling off plan (in case ANYONE is thinking of cheating) is you feel like CRAP...feel sluggish...and its like back to the drawing board with hunger the first few days back OP. This morning I had a shake...my normal breakfast...and I'm already hungry for lunch. Granted...I've been up since 5:30 with two of my boys....so perhaps it IS lunch according to my body clock! The other bad thing is that scale. I can't believe I blew 5 days of being OP 100% by falling off for two. It just wasn't worth it. My scale isn't budging and still reflects a gain of two pounds.

Hope everyone has a great day OP. Welcome to all the newbies. You just WAIT until that first weigh in. Will blow your socks off. If you stay OP...you will have success. Don't give in!!!!
sangria12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi! I am a newbie too. I am almost done with my first week with IP. Yes, the food is a bit weird but you get used to it. I find that sometimes the idea of preparing the food is unappetizing, in the end I am only occasionally disappointed with the final product.

We both had cereal for breakfast! It isn't the best, but there is lots of room for dressing it up. I have found that cinnamon works well. How did you like it?

~Jenni
I add a couple drops of the Berry Pom Mio, it gives the cereal a bit of sweetness.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later
Congrats, Wuv, I guess I've been gone from 3FC longer than I realized. I didn't know you were starting at a clinic. I think that is wonderful! I hope they know how lucky they are to have you!
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #27  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning all!
Well Monday really turned out to be a MONDAY!
My car broke down yesterday during my lunch hour... :/ I have no clue what's wrong with it!
And this morning... lol My phone died! Can i start this week over?! But i'm still OP Bumbed cus i can't go to my WI today since i have no way of getting there :/

I hope everyone else is having a good week!
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #28  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good Morning All!
Welcome Newbies! I want to tell you all hi and wish you the best day ever!
Hope your Tuesday is marvelous and that you recieve all the good news on the scales and in your lives in general! Love to all!!
good morning to YOU too sunshine!! hope you have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Good morning everyone! This morning, I had iced coffee and crispy cereal. I made a Vanilla drink and added most of it to my coffee. Then I added a bit to my cereal. Along with some cinnamon, it was almost like rice pudding! Better way to dress up the bland cereal.
~Jenni
that sounds good!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #29  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

~Jenni
Hi Jenni!

I know what you mean about preparing the food. Like who shakes spaghetti in a shaker cup. It is just weird. I am all for it if it works and from everyone's stories here, I believe it works.

I was actually surprised with the cereal. I really expected it to taste more like cardboard but it didnt. Next time I will add an Equal packet (we can have that right) to it and give it some sweetness to it, haha.

When do you weigh in?
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangria12 View Post
Caren how long have you been using alternate products? Have you noticed any difference in weight loss? The cost of this program is crazy. (But it WORKS.) I am not sure how long I can keep up with the cost of things as my husband just switched jobs and we won't be seeing a commission for awhile.

Good morning everyone!

Day two being back on track after my fall off this weekend and feeling better. I was (TMI) SO CONSTIPATED from eating the bread and cheese on the pizza that it took until this morning to relieve it with the help of some Smooth Moves tea last night.

The bad thing about falling off plan (in case ANYONE is thinking of cheating) is you feel like CRAP...feel sluggish...and its like back to the drawing board with hunger the first few days back OP. This morning I had a shake...my normal breakfast...and I'm already hungry for lunch. Granted...I've been up since 5:30 with two of my boys....so perhaps it IS lunch according to my body clock! The other bad thing is that scale. I can't believe I blew 5 days of being OP 100% by falling off for two. It just wasn't worth it. My scale isn't budging and still reflects a gain of two pounds.

Hope everyone has a great day OP. Welcome to all the newbies. You just WAIT until that first weigh in. Will blow your socks off. If you stay OP...you will have success. Don't give in!!!!
I haven't started yet, I just bought the shakes & bars from Costco, as soon as I finish the IP products I have I will start the alternatives. There has been a number of people that post here regularly, that have been on the alternatives for quite some time and have had great sucess. I am going to give it a shot. Good luck to you.

Caren