Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
IP doesn't allow restricted foods at night. The protein bar would be considered restricted if on IP foods. Might consider switching it with your breakfast RTD.
Actually it doesn't matter when you have the restricted. Many people eat it as an evening snack. I always had mine late afternoon.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #137  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Maybe it's just my clinic, but I was told at the very beginning not to eat the restricted for bedtime snack because it is so high in carbs and there is not enough time left in the day to burn those carbs off. Just makes sense to me to eat it earlier in the day when they told me that. I was just repeating was I was told.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Because we're taking in so little carbs, even with the restricted, your body will still process them throughout the night, even if you're just sleeping, with basic metabolic functioning, so there's no time to store them or keep them for later before they're burned up.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

2nd day of coaching in the bag and I LOVE it!! Maybe it's partially that I'm out of the house and talking to adults for a few hours.. I do miss my baby while I'm gone, but we have lots of fun after my 4 hours of training. Anyway, I think it's so rewarding and such am awesome job to do after you've experienced it yourself.

I get alot of support on this board but *stefany* I could just SQUEEZE you! Lol you're so sweet *hug*
Kaypix- you continue to make me giggle with how animated you are, even in your posts, I can tell you have a kick *** personality.
Everyone else, keep up the great work!! I'm so proud of all of you! Those of you just starting or struggling, the program will work. Just be patient and keep going 100% and you'll be rewarding greatly! I love IP!!
One more week in phase 3 then I'm in maitenance! Just in time to enjoy some cupcakes with my (soon to be) one year old on his birthday (my designated cheat day). It's bittersweet.. My little baby is such a big boy already. Anyway congrats to you all!
newmom7611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Okay, this is seriously the best news I've read in a long, long time. I LOVE buffalo chicken and have been missing it terribly. It's one of the things I dream about!

I like a milder sauce so I looked up the PC Buffalo mild sauce and it's 0/0/0 too! I'm over the moon happy! Of course I won't go hog wild with it because it still may contain carbs, just less than 1gram, but still. To get some of that flavour back into rotation totally makes my day.

Thanks so much for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Ive been using the PC sauce since i started. I like the hot and my wife buys the mild. I make fake chicken wings all the time. We have an Actifry, so just cut up chicken breast into strips and fire into the Actifry until done to your liking. Then pour a bunch of the sauce over and turn it on for another 5 min or so. Just like the real thing.
Hold the phone!! What??? You make buffalo chicken?? seriously dude you must explain to me what an Actifry is and where do I buy one? And recipe please!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
So yeah, no loss for me this week. .2 gain, actually.

I just don't get it.

Hopefully next week is better.
You are kicking butt and taking names girl!!! Your success is enviable. Your body is just saying "whoah there Nellie!". Have a catch up week is all. Just keep on keeping on. That's all you can do!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #141  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilian61 View Post
I love grilled or roasted asparagus - but I'm not sure how to measure it. I don't want to chop it up in order to measure it. How does everyone else measure asparagus?

Thanks for any help.
A cup of asparagus is 8-10 spears depending on how thick they are, maybe more if they are the teeny-tiny ones. I usually just use the amount I can hold in the "loop" my hand makes when my thumb and forefinger touch.

Last edited by GrandmaKiss; 06-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #142  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Maybe it's just my clinic, but I was told at the very beginning not to eat the restricted for bedtime snack because it is so high in carbs and there is not enough time left in the day to burn those carbs off. Just makes sense to me to eat it earlier in the day when they told me that. I was just repeating was I was told.
Mooselover,
I just did a little checking and found this interesting from the Maintenance Phase materials on Dr. Tran Tien's website:

"It’s wrong to think that if you have slow carbs for lunch, you’ll be able to burn them throughout the afternoon and that if you have slow carbs for dinner, your body might store them. It’s not that simple. Your body doesn’t use up your lunch during the afternoon. It must digest your lunch, convert it and assimilate it before it can use it for energy. Active people and athletes have pasta for dinner, but they don’t go out and run at night. Similarly, the Tour de France has never been held at night!"

So based on this I think it is ok to have the bars and restricteds in the evening during phase 1. All these coaches have their own ideas... so confusing!!! Of course having them earlier in the day works too!

Trish

Last edited by Trishak; 06-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Trishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The issue is coaches have their own preconceived ideas of weight loss and even if they have ip training some of it comes through.

Timing of food, restricteds vs none, exercise etc. everyone has a slightly different philosophy.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Actually it doesn't matter when you have the restricted. Many people eat it as an evening snack. I always had mine late afternoon.

Pat
Agreed, the entire time I was on Phase 1 I had my restricted at night (I was told to have it when I needed it). It also works at night as you can digest those carbs and use them the next morning, same theory as carbs at night during maintenance.

Having said that, your relationship with your coach is about you, your plan and your coach's plan (your contract with them), so you should listen to your coach.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Morning Shake with spinach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Try Wildberry Yoghurt Drink, water, ice cube and spinach. You can add Strawberry/Watermelon MiO for flavouring and color. Mix it in a blender...best morning shake.
Thanks Hopeful in Canada! Will try it once I pick up a yogurt packet on Fri during WI.
cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #146  

Default Protein Bar Restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

Pat
I agree with mooselove. The 2 coaches at my clinic said the protein bar is restricted to 1 a day and best eaten earlier in the day because it is high in carbs,
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
WI Today, lost 1.8 lbs. which has officially put me at 60 lbs. lost since Feb. 22, 2012! AND, I am breathing down ONEderland's neck!
Diana..that is awesome..you go girl!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 216/213/140

Height: 5'4

I'm a little over a week in and I hate the vitamins. I burp chemicals after I take them and they KILL my stomach, isnt there some kind of alternative, I looked at some of the other threads and only found one that said a centrum equivalent but I was hoping for a chewable alternative? i finally have some energy today. I didn't have a weigh in last sat because my coach is only available every other Sat, which I think may be a mistake since Sunday was when I really struggled. Can I trust a coach that says she never had to diet and she went on IP to lose 3lbs?!?! My first weigh in will be this Sat and hopefully I the results I am hoping for!
fatathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
I am late posting today, but wanted to share my first weigh-in results with you all...

I lost 10.8 in my first week! Holy moley...I can't belive it!

This program is amazing!
Way to Go
I have my WI #2 on Friday..I'm hoping for 5..when I think how few calories I am eating on the IP plan , compared to what I was eating a few weeks ago, one would think the pounds would drop by leaps and bounds.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatathlete View Post
I'm a little over a week in and I hate the vitamins. I burp chemicals after I take them and they KILL my stomach, isnt there some kind of alternative, I looked at some of the other threads and only found one that said a centrum equivalent but I was hoping for a chewable alternative? i finally have some energy today. I didn't have a weigh in last sat because my coach is only available every other Sat, which I think may be a mistake since Sunday was when I really struggled. Can I trust a coach that says she never had to diet and she went on IP to lose 3lbs?!?! My first weigh in will be this Sat and hopefully I the results I am hoping for!
Are you taking your vitamins 30 min after you've eaten to lessen the stomach upset? I found I had to switch the the crispy cereal to get some substance in my belly as I had the same problem as you (and I have a history of bleeding ulcers)
It's very unfortunate that your coach is only available every other week..it must be difficult..especially the first few weeks. Week 1 is rough enough with the coach's support (my coach is available by email and by phone!) Hang in there and keep using this site for information and support.