Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #61  

Ugh Pat! I bought a box of those as well. They were gross, I tried to like them, but ended up chucking them in the garbage. Nasty cheap chocolate.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The sugar alcohols in the pure protein bars don't agree with me either. Some people have bad reactions to sugar alcohols. For me they do seem like sugar, plus they give me terrible gas!
I use the simply bars instead. Satisfying and yummy!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Ugh Pat! I bought a box of those as well. They were gross, I tried to like them, but ended up chucking them in the garbage. Nasty cheap chocolate.
Likely these will hit the garbage too!!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #64  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Thanks Pat and MomPattie for saying that..because i myself had looked into ordering those..cause out of all the bars..they looked like they could be tolerable..good to know they wont be...Thats one more packet i wont have to throw out!! Phew!

Whats the calorie count on the Premier Nutrition Drinks from Cosco??? I heard they were higher then IP...how many???
Old 07-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #65  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Also, do the Pure Protein Bars taste chalky?? and have an after taste??? Or do they taste splenda ish????
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

thank you for the responses, i think it must be the sugar alcohol. I think I will order the Simply Bars for every day use and use the Pure Protien for an emergency. The first few days the Pure Protien was fine, that weird feeling happened just this week.
Anyway, maybe that means my body is actually making some changes! YAY for that!
Have a great day.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
thank you for the responses, i think it must be the sugar alcohol. I think I will order the Simply Bars for every day use and use the Pure Protien for an emergency. The first few days the Pure Protien was fine, that weird feeling happened just this week.
Anyway, maybe that means my body is actually making some changes! YAY for that!
Have a great day.
Let us know if that crashing feeling happens again.

I have a similar issue and haven't been able to pinpoint why this happens. It started before I started IP so it isn't a response to IP foods.

I will suddenly start to feel extremely tired, need to sleep badly. A few minutes before I was fine. This has happened without my being hungry or being aware of having low blood sugar. Had my bloodwork done, no apparent cause.

This sudden crash/can't keep my eyes open happens occasionally on IP, usually after lunch, sometimes after dinner, and both meals would have been 100% OP.

It happens despite taking all supplements and additives (oil, salt) and having all my water.

Any ideas why? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #68  

Here's a reformatted version of the "Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf" alternative products table. It has all the info for each product on a single page and has the headings on top of every page.

All the numbers come from the "Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf" file. Let me know if you find any errors or discrepancies.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP-alternatives.pdf (106.1 KB, 244 views)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Chloe: I would get the tiredness occassionally where I just would fall asleep while working, it was always around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I just assumed it meant I neede to exercise, go take a walk or move to Mexico where siestas are the norm!

Yesterday, I noticed I felt much better, and the bar did not give me any weird or crazy feelings. I actually enjoyed it. It may just be my body making changes, I dont know. But I will let you know if I experience it again.
Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Thought I'd post this here too for all of us on alternatives:

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

So, I'm addicted to making muffins out of puddings, but I'm almost out of puddings! Has anyone every tried using the Jillian Michaels' protein powder to make muffins??
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

I had the peanut butter simply bar today and I think I will count it as non-restricted. What do others think?
Cal 160
Fat 4
Carb 9
Fiber 4
Sugar 3
Protein 16
Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #73  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Also, do the Pure Protein Bars taste chalky?? and have an after taste??? Or do they taste splenda ish????
I really enjoy the peanut butter chocolate Pure Protein Bar. But dang they are addictive. I am making them super restricted and having them no more than 2 days a week.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #74  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Thought I'd post this here too for all of us on alternatives:

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!
CONGRATS on so close to making goal!!! That is awesome! The LA trip sounds wonderful and what a great list of places to visit!
Cheers;
Jake
Old 07-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #75  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Hi all!
So I ordered the protein powder from netrition and got the healthsmart ChocoRite: Fudge Brownie flavor ($11.79 for 11 serving size) and had one this afternoon...AWESOME! Going to alternate these with my EAS Low carb shakes...

ChocoRite Info: Mix 2 scoops with 1.5 cup cold water
Healthsmart
ChocoRite Protein Shake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (38g)
Servings Per Container: 11
Total Calories 150
Calories From Fat 20
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg