Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #46  

Default menu

anyone have a sample weekly menu for phase 1...thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #47  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I finally found the small ones at Walmart so am going to try one tomorrow. All they had was the large size for the longest time. I would have a hard time leaving the second half alone if I bought large ones and cut them in half.
Pat

It would call to me and I would feel obligated....
Old 07-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #48  

Can someone recommend a good PURE protein bar? The ones I've seen lately have way too many carbs (may use as a restricted) but wanna take the guesswork out of it.

I spent way too much time in the grocery store pouring over the nutrition labels.

Tell me what protein bars (brand & flavors) worked for you and still allowed you to still lose weight?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by britne1 View Post
Can someone recommend a good PURE protein bar? The ones I've seen lately have way too many carbs (may use as a restricted) but wanna take the guesswork out of it.

I spent way too much time in the grocery store pouring over the nutrition labels.

Tell me what protein bars (brand & flavors) worked for you and still allowed you to still lose weight?
I like the PB and Chocolate and the S'mores the best, the 1.76 ounce size.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by des692781 View Post
Would these be considered restricted?
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

What about this as a replacement for IP?
PureProtein - Vanilla Cream
Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!

Yes, all the Pure Protein Bars are considered restricted.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by britne1 View Post

I have used the Pure Protein Bars since I started this plan and they have not hindered my weightloss. I LOVE the Blueberry Crumb Cake, Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Caramel Surprise. I also have used the Detour Bars and I love all the flavors that they have.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #52  

Okay Alternative IPeeps,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a spreadsheet for the Alternative Products for quick reference.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Yeah I'm working on a recipe book from all the forums right now, 14 pages per thread, with 40 (or so) recipes per page, and we have 3 groups, so that's my "baby" right now. Keep hounding me about an alternatives suggestions though and I'll definitely get one put together in the future. I keep track of the alternative products I eat on my blog and write reviews as I go, although lately I've been broke so just using the cheap powder I have.

also http://www.dietdirect.com , specifically wonderslim, bariwise and proti-diet.
I look forward to your alternatives recipe book! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a spreadsheet for the Alternative Products for quick reference.
This will be wonderful too! Thanks for doing this!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196/151/151

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
I like the PB and Chocolate and the S'mores the best, the 1.76 ounce size.
I agree with you they are awesome. I have been maintaining since September and still have a bar with my 2 cups of vegetables for lunch. I have also started using the Detour bar for variety. I always rotate the bars so I never eat the same.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
It would call to me and I would feel obligated....
Yes once you cut them they are loud! Not at all like that when in an unopened package
Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

Thank you! That will be so helpful.
Pat
Old 07-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #57  

Ok guys. I bought some IP premade pudding cups at a very steep price!! But I've fallen in love!!! I bought them for the camper/beach, love them refrigerated!! Is there a suitable alternative? I order from proteinwell and Nashua on a regular basis as I'm on alternatives. Thanks!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #58  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

How about the Atkins bars? I see they have some with no sugar and high in fiber...just not sure about sugar alcohol impact...but almost all I saw today at walmart were only 1-3 net carbs (total carbes minus fiber and minus sugar alcohols)...anyone using as your restricted bar?
Thanks
Jake
Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

I posted this on another thread and it was suggested I post it here:
I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am wondering if it is the Carbs or ?? Really weird.
A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
I posted this on another thread and it was suggested I post it here:
I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am wondering if it is the Carbs or ?? Really weird.
A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!
Lots of people use the Pure Protein bars and really like them. But I find they have a stronger aftertaste, the same problem I have with the Detour bars.
I don't have any of the side effects you mentioned though but I think people react differently to some ingredients in products such as they taste different to some people. Maybe some people have more serious reactions.
Perhaps you have a reaction to sugar alcohols.

On another note, I ordered two boxes of Protidiet Chocolate dream bars because they looked soooo good in the picture. Chocolate Nightmare is more like it. They are so hard they are almost impossible to break and taste like that awful cheap chocolate.
They do only have six carbs though so I will use them up. But I'll need some really good veggies to go along with them. Man is this really me saying I need veggies to help get down "chocolate"???

Pat
Closed Thread