Originally Posted by des692781 View Post
Would these be considered restricted?
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

What about this as a replacement for IP?
PureProtein - Vanilla Cream
Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!
I use the pure protein bars, and some other protein powders too. The bars should be counted as a restricted for sure. I had one for lunch a little while ago. They taste great to me and are waaaay more affordable.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #18  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
a pdf with ideas would be terrific! i have a friend who has done alternatives since january and has lost 50 pounds. she had me get some protien powder at target and bars (pure protien) I dont know the powders because the names came off when I opened the containers. Anyways, would love to have ideas for other things since I imagine I will be doing this for at least 3 or 4 months.
Thanks!
Yeah I'm working on a recipe book from all the forums right now, 14 pages per thread, with 40 (or so) recipes per page, and we have 3 groups, so that's my "baby" right now. Keep hounding me about an alternatives suggestions though and I'll definitely get one put together in the future. I keep track of the alternative products I eat on my blog and write reviews as I go, although lately I've been broke so just using the cheap powder I have.

Quote:
http://www.centsablediet.com/recommendedproducts.htm

found this site if anyone is interested
also http://www.dietdirect.com , specifically wonderslim, bariwise and proti-diet.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #19  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Yeah I'm working on a recipe book from all the forums right now, 14 pages per thread, with 40 (or so) recipes per page, and we have 3 groups, so that's my "baby" right now. Keep hounding me about an alternatives suggestions though and I'll definitely get one put together in the future. I keep track of the alternative products I eat on my blog and write reviews as I go, although lately I've been broke so just using the cheap powder I have.

also http://www.dietdirect.com , specifically wonderslim, bariwise and proti-diet.
Haha, another broke person here; what is the "cheap powder" that you have? I am always looking for inexpensive powders that taste decent. I've got some from GNC (not too bad tasting); I've got some from "Body Fortress", again, not too bad tasting (it was on sale last week for <$20 for a huge tub; and I have some Pure Protein which I haven't actually tried yet.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #20  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:

This is an awesome site!!! I understand Ideal wanting people to follow protocol, but being a person who have had little money myself, I can understand when you want to lose weight that you need to be able to find affordable ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I use the pure protein bars, and some other protein powders too. The bars should be counted as a restricted for sure. I had one for lunch a little while ago. They taste great to me and are waaaay more affordable.
Hmmm...which bars do you use? WHere do you get pure protein bars?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I use the pure protein bars as well .... you can get them at Walmart or Target ... they are at CVS as well but far more expensive. The chocolate and the chocolate peanutbutter are yummy ... the cookie dough one I am not in love with but it isn't non-edible either.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #22  
Foxxybrown

Quote:

Has anyone done this one? Or tried his plan?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #23  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Has anyone done this one? Or tried his plan?
I just looked at his website. His 'plan' is basically what a lot of us on alternatives are already doing. Many of us use these same alternative products already, we just have been buying them through different sources. I don't see any new alternative products here - just another possible source.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 193/157/110

Height: 5'0

He's selling his secrets on Ebay. Which I think is a joke. That's how I came across it.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #25  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I just looked at his website. His 'plan' is basically what a lot of us on alternatives are already doing. Many of us use these same alternative products already, we just have been buying them through different sources. I don't see any new alternative products here - just another possible source.
Ok,So is there a way that someone can post which items are restricted, which are non restricted and where I can I find a copy of the plan for alternatives?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #26  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Ok,So is there a way that someone can post which items are restricted, which are non restricted and where I can I find a copy of the plan for alternatives?
You'd have to compare the nutritional label values of each item to the comparable IP item, and see whether it would be classed as restricted or unrestricted. There was a spreadsheet around a few months ago that listed some of this info... if you do a search you can probably locate it. Not sure if it's up to date though.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #27  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
He's selling his secrets on Ebay. Which I think is a joke. That's how I came across it.
I guess we can give him an 'A' for trying. Actually, if someone was starting out brand new and hadn't already taken the time to search out all these alternative products, buying his 'new package' would be a useful short cut. I like how he's linked each product into the page that shows the nutritional label values. At least all the info needed is in one place here.

Last edited by evepet; 06-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 180.6/161.4/130

Height: 5' 3"

Today was WI#7 for me...down 19.2 pounds. I have only ever used alternative products. I mostly use the pureprotein chocolate drink, I can't stand the powder. I also always have the vanilla drink on hand but the chocolate is my favourite. I have also used Optimum Gold Standard vanilla powder and Premier shakes from Costco (has more cals.) I also love the pureprotein bars - chocolate flavour. Hope this helps!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #29  
Foxxybrown

I found it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
This is a sheet that I have, it compares the IP food to alternatives but list them as they are the same. Look at it and see if this is what you are looking for...Lisa
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf (75.8 KB, 427 views)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Foxxy,
Read through the restricted thread - that's what I did and you can skim it quickly, sort of. I live in teh US and use Nashua Nutrition focusing mainly on Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin products but also buy some HealthSmart and some WeightLoss Systems (all from Nashua). However there are others too - just trying to help. I use GNC Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder for shakes.

The Alternative approach is really the same as IP - just use 3 of their packages/day in place of IP. Many alternatives have a little less protein than IP, so count that and you may want to add an extra couple of ounces to your dinner to be sure you are getting all the recommended protein and staying within the carb requirements (which I think is a max of 30 carbs/day for phase 1 - can anyone else validate that?).
Closed Thread