Old 05-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Default How do you plan to celebrate reaching your goal weight?

Hi everyone,

I have been giving this question a lot of thought. I have been growing my hair for a long time. Will continue to do so until I reach my goal weight. (I may change my goal to something slightly lower than 140 but will see when I get closer to that.) There is a very special reason I am growing my hair long. My former CEO had breast cancer. When she first told us I sewed her a bunch of hats that she could use during her treatment. For a while things looked very positive and like she was going to successfully beat her cancer and then everything went terribly wrong. It metastasized and she ended up with breast cancer in her brain. Sadly, she lost her battle in February. While she and I were not close enough that I would have considered shaving my head with her...I do feel it is important to honor her memory. So to honor her very generous soul...I am growing my hair to donate it to Locks of Love. I will also be climbing three mountains this summer and plan to leave a rock with her name at the top of each. (She loved hiking.) So to celebrate my goal at the same time as honoring Joan's memory I am going to get my hair cut. I have picked out a super cute hairstyle and my dear friend who is also my stylist is going to do the honors. Here is the style I have chosen: http://s2.hubimg.com/u/1103889_f496.jpg

So how are you going to celebrate your goal?

Last edited by Meadow Wheeler; 05-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

That's beautiful ~~~ Here we have something called St. Baldricks, which I believe is a a cancer fundraiser. Many of my coworkers, and even their children, men and women alike, have shaved their heads and donated their hair for the wigs to be made.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

That is so kind of you, and such a special gift to the memory of your boss. You are indeed a special person.

I will be celebrating a bit early of reaching my goal with one of my best friends who is also on IP and is almost at goal herself. We are going away for a "girl's week away", meaning just us, no husbands or kids to celebrate all of our hard work this past year. We are very excited. She lives in a different state and we haven't seen each other since last December, so can't wait to do some traveling together and see how each other looks now that we have both lost a lot of weight.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #4  

Wow you guys what awesome ideas!! Locks of love is a wonderful idea Meadow!! You have such a big heart! And Dana what a fantastic idea to take a week to have with a friend!! Sooo exciting to have some time away!

I have been thinking of either a hot tub for our family to enjoy or a trip to somewhere hot with DH and friends. Or maybe both!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #5  

Dana I love what you are going to do! I hope to do a girls weekend trip to Canada sometime next year to see Johannes Linstead in concert. Perhaps I will do that as a 1 year anniversary gift to me in recognition of keeping my new lifestyle in place and keeping at my ideal weight. I think it is important to plan girl time to recharge your batteries. We women need each other!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  
Raw Ramp

S/C/G: 205/164/150

Height: 5'10"

What a lot of lovely ideas! I was just planning to throw on the jeans I have reserved for my goal weight and go out dancing, but now I think more planning is in order
redvelouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I know that a dress and a lot of photos will be involved when I hit goal weight...and very possibly a shopping spree (gift of DH).
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good question! All last year, I envisioned myself going to my favorite Mexican restaurant when I reached goal, but when the time came, I really wanted to get stable for awhile and was afraid to splurge. I just went there a week ago, and it was at least 6 weeks into Maintenance, and it was every bit as good as I remembered it...better, actually.

When I reached goal, i bought a pretty little jade pendant of a tree, on a silver chain. It sort of felt symbolic of a new life for me. I have bought some clothes, but mostly because I needed them, not as a splurge.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
When I reached goal, i bought a pretty little jade pendant of a tree, on a silver chain. It sort of felt symbolic of a new life for me.
This is such a lovely symbol! What a great way to celebrate your journey! I might just have to find something symbolic that I can carry with me always too.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #10  

Thank you all for chiming in on my question. I mentioned in another thread I am the kind of person that is motivated by keeping my eye on the end goal. I am inspired by you all and love the way you all plan on celebrating!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Meadow that is beautiful. I'm a two time leukemia survivor. I HATE CANCER. It just pisses me off thinking about IT.

You are a truly special woman. Thank you for sharing with us.

I had not thought about reaching goal and a reward. I think some plastic surgery will be necessary for me. But something fun with the family like a trip to Disney would be awesome.

When I was sick the first time I realized that when I am on my death bed, as I thought I was, that I will not wish I'd spent more time at work but more time with my children and family. So I try to remember that, sometimes I forget, thanks for reminding me.

XOXO
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #12  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

I donate my hair once a year to locks for love. I actually just did it on Saturday. I had to go shorter than I wanted but it is for an amazing cause. What a great thing!

I plan on being done by the second week of November. Whether I am at goal or close I will be in phase four then. I will celebrate with family and friends. It will be my birthday and thanksgiving and I have family coming in. We will go to see the rockettes and just have fun with each other!
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #13  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Wow...you guys all have such great goals and plans...my answer of hitting up a Taco Bell now sounds so lame...
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #14  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I've done the LoLove 4x now, but the gray is coming in so I think my hair is done. As to my goal weight celebration....GETTING KNOCKED UP!!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Wow...you guys all have such great goals and plans...my answer of hitting up a Taco Bell now sounds so lame...
Where have you been?? I have missed reading your cheeky posts! I look forward to seeing your posts, you crack me up! And yes, Taco Bells a teensy bit lame.
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote