FoodSaver

• I don't know if anyone else buys their meat in bulk, but I do and I use my foodsaver ALL the time. Well ours is 9 years old and is in need of updating and I have been waiting to find the perfect deal....FOUND IT!!

If you go to the foodsaver website the machines are on sale. You can use code R2FEAAA and that will score you 50% off the sale price. (for example the cheapest machine is $80, with the code it will be $30) Plus with that code if you buy 5 boxes of bags/rolls you will get an additional $25 off and a free box of liquid block quart bags. And to make the deal even sweeter...free shipping.

We decided to go with a mid range model because we use ours probably 3 times a week (We have the container you can marinate in and we have a bunch of canisters as well). We paid less for the machine and 5 boxes of bags/rolls and tax than the machine itself, like over $20 less!! Gotta love some deals!!

Oh yeah and if you use shopathome.com you will get 8% back!! LOVE IT!
  • Thanks for sharing! I just ordered a set and the promo code worked
  • Ok. So what models did you two order. There's too many to choose from. Need a recommendation.

Thanks, Molly
  • Thank you so much for posting this, my dad has been needing a new one for a while and he was able to get a really nice model! I was also able to get the handheld and some more bags Yippee! lol my mom is looking on the site right now too. We eat a lot of game meat and fish, etc so we do a LOT of processing.
  • Quote: Ok. So what models did you two order. There's too many to choose from. Need a recommendation.

Thanks, Molly
    I am with Molly, I looked earlier and was overwhelmed with the choices.
  • Quote: Thank you so much for posting this, my dad has been needing a new one for a while and he was able to get a really nice model! I was also able to get the handheld and some more bags Yippee! lol my mom is looking on the site right now too. We eat a lot of game meat and fish, etc so we do a LOT of processing.
    Your hair is so pretty! You look great in your new signature photo.
  • Quote: Your hair is so pretty! You look great in your new signature photo.
    Holy smokes, no wonder you look so hot you are almost at goal. I was looking at your photo thinking, why is she on IP. Go Girl, you are almost there Whooo Hooo. Goal is around the corner. So excited for you.
  • Quote: Your hair is so pretty! You look great in your new signature photo.
    Quote: Holy smokes, no wonder you look so hot you are almost at goal. I was looking at your photo thinking, why is she on IP. Go Girl, you are almost there Whooo Hooo. Goal is around the corner. So excited for you.
    THANK YOU
    I am so stinking excited lol yup just another 5 pounds (for cushion on P3) and im there!!

As far as what models we have... I purchased the V2380 about 5 years ago and it is still running strong, I love mine.
    My dad got the V3440.
    We live on a small farm in North Pole and we have cows and pigs that we 'harvest' every year. Plus we go to Valdez every summer to get seafood and we go moose hunting each fall. So we use our machines for a LOT of processing and they get a work out. If you arent using yours for as much volume you could probably go for a less heavy duty model.
  • Oh I forgot to mention I also use mine to process our rhubarb, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and veggies!
  • I almost got into analysis paralysis with this one (the curse of making your living for the last 20 years as an analyst)

I ordered the V3860 model. The code worked and took 50% off. That made it a real deal.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Molly
  • Sorry, been out ALL Day! Mowed DH's grandma's lawn, our lawn and then went shopping for what seems like a week...UGH!

I bought the Game Saver Deluxe one. I don't know which model it is. The one we have now is just a lower end one and has held up really well. Just now started to have trouble with the heating on it!! I am sure which ever model you choose it will be great!!
  • Since it got half off I got the expensive one