Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Oh ya...the 'Underground Health Reporter'...very highly respected site and information...The nutrionists and scientists at Livestrong and the medical field in general always double check their data there...

Yes...I am trying to be funny...seriously, if you think eggs are an issue, dont eat them...You can find any data you want supporting anything you want on the internet...Its what you trust that matters...
Plus wouldn't it be far more risky to eat a raw egg than a cooked one.? That sounds risky to me.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

you can just use egg whites in a carton if you are worried about the yolks. I am limited to the amount of eggs a week.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Hum, this is not at all about arguing or not...

I'm sorry if you're taking it the wrong way that is not my intention. I don't think it has slowed down my loss either, it makes no sense, at least not by more than a few grams. I doubt there would be enough oxidized LDL in my arteries to keep me back 1-2 pounds in a week. That makes her wrong on that point. However when you dig deeper, you go beyond the weight issues and that's when it gets interesting (for me, what can I do, I'm a nurse so I like that stuff, and I saw some people getting involved). I REALLY wanted to clear that up. If I'm posting different links, it is to perhaps open a door that has never been opened for many people. It does seem to be bad for cardiovascular health, and as far as I know we are ALL here to improve our health on some level. Anyone is free to make their choices after.
KIKI- Could it be that you are not getting enough protein from the omelet? You mentioned eating 2 eggs. On this plan you should be eating 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites. Otherwise you are not getting enough protein. I am a veg and was not getting enough protein... definitely felt a difference.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Also, agree that your coach is wrong with a capital W. Why are so many coaches so misinformed? With the money we pay them they could probably earn their doctorate in IP. ;-)
Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #140  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Same here...Started end of April, and with the exception of 2 mornings, I have had it every single day...1 cup of mushrooms and 1 cup of spinach then I dont have to worry about veggies at lunch.

I havent lost 93 pounds though lol...Might have to try it with the green peppers, that sounds good too!
I add raw chopped onions a few times a week too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
So..this was WI #1 and I lost 6lb. I was a little disappointed because when I weighed myself after awakening I was down 7.5lb (using my scale both on start date and today's). I had the Peach mango drink and a couple of glasses of water. ..skipped the coffee. Two hours later , at the center there was only a 6 lb loss. I know I should be happy with the 6 lb, but I really thought that by being 100%OP, I would get great results.
I am not quitting...I've got myself geared up to see this thru, thanks to all of your posts and success stories.

Also wondering if others had constipation issues in Phase 1 and what was helpful? I used to take probiotics, but my coach said there were too many carbs in them to continue

Ques # 2..I am having trouble keeping track of the topics and responses in this chat. I'm only on my PC an hr or so a day..how do I follow-up on what I may have asked?
Have you gone to you preferences in your CP and changed the default setting so you are automatically subscribed to every thread you post in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
YOU ROCK USMCVET!!!!!!! That is just AMAZING!!!!
Thanks. Still kinda bummed at my lowest loss this week. I stopped using a daily ournal. I need to start again.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

wow interesting stuff and usmcvet, what lovely photos of you! I live in San Diego, very pretty city! Your loss is amazing, WOW, keep up the great work. Very inspiring!
i have a question. Yesterday I did not have time to eat dinner so when I came home I made 2 cups of vegetables and 4 oz protien, I ate it but needed to get to sleep so with in 15 minutes then I drank my shake. Could I have just gone to bed or is it better to eat all the food?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #142  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
wow interesting stuff and usmcvet, what lovely photos of you! I live in San Diego, very pretty city! Your loss is amazing, WOW, keep up the great work. Very inspiring!
i have a question. Yesterday I did not have time to eat dinner so when I came home I made 2 cups of vegetables and 4 oz protien, I ate it but needed to get to sleep so with in 15 minutes then I drank my shake. Could I have just gone to bed or is it better to eat all the food?
It's best to eat your food. And did you mean 8oz of protein? My sheet says 5-8oz, but an updated one apparently has it set to 8oz protein total (i always had 8oz anyways). Either way, 4oz seems pretty low, but if it left room for a shake, then better than 0oz! Personally I found it hard to stuff down my 2 cups at both lunch & dinner so I split it up also between breakfast & snack sometimes.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #143  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Liz she may be splitting her Protien up in two meals. Err I never have trouble eating my eight ounces.

NSV. I found two old but brand new bathing suits I bought three years ago for a trip to St. Lucia! I could never wear them they were too tight. I've been wearing one the past three days so I brought back a suit I bought last week and exchanged it for a smaller size. It will not fit for a while but when it does Walmart in my area will not have any suits for sale. So it was fun to plan ahead to August or September when I will need it!

I go to the pool weekly all year round with my kids. I went twice yesterday!

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #144  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Your journey is an inspiration to me..thanks for staying on this chat. Your will be a great coach! I just finished my 1st wk..and am concerned that the weight won't come off fast enough. Will continue with 1 day, 1 meal at a time.[/QUOTE]
It will come off, probably not as fast as you would like it too but it will. Remember you didn't gain the weight over night so it sure in the world won't come off over night. Hang tight and you will get there!!.
Quote:
You ate it exactly as in the plan then, so she is just wrong, no two ways about it...What you did, you could do each and every night and be considered 100% OP...

Here is something copied from the Livestrong site, but a simple Google search will give you hundreds of documents saying essentially the same thing...It does not matter HOW you cook an egg, the nutritional values do not change. The ONLY difference comes from what you add to cook it, example if you put a spoonfull of butter in the pan, that would of course affect it.

Here is what I copied for you:

Photo Credit cooked egg image by AGphotographer from Fotolia.com Eggs contain certain amounts of constituent nutrients, which remain virtually the same regardless of how you cook them. Whether boiled, poached or scrambled without added ingredients, eggs have essentially the same nutritional value. Keep in mind, however, that adding ingredients to eggs during preparation or frying them in fat affects the nutrient profile of the final dish.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/42...#ixzz1yZDlm42H
An egg is an egg.....that is all I am going to say....hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
So..this was WI #1 and I lost 6lb. I was a little disappointed because when I weighed myself after awakening I was down 7.5lb (using my scale both on start date and today's). I had the Peach mango drink and a couple of glasses of water. ..skipped the coffee. Two hours later , at the center there was only a 6 lb loss. I know I should be happy with the 6 lb, but I really thought that by being 100%OP, I would get great results.
I am not quitting...I've got myself geared up to see this thru, thanks to all of your posts and success stories.

Also wondering if others had constipation issues in Phase 1 and what was helpful? I used to take probiotics, but my coach said there were too many carbs in them to continue

Ques # 2..I am having trouble keeping track of the topics and responses in this chat. I'm only on my PC an hr or so a day..how do I follow-up on what I may have asked?
ok first things first, have you BUMPED your head being disappointed in a 6lb loss????....when you FIRST weighed at home this morning that was STRAIGHT outta bed (assuming) THEN you drank a mango drink AND water....once you are up for a while your body "wakes up" and starts to fill in so that is why you didn't have a 7.5 loss. If you are going to get disappointed like that I suggest you stay OFF of your home scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Best to get all of your food in, you did the right thing
Old 06-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #145  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Miracle Noodle lovers, there is a google offer going on for $26 for 24 bags (8 angel hair, 8 fettuccine, 8 rice) plus flat $10 shipping (you can order up to 4 offers). Stock up, they have a 6 month shelf life!

Www.Google.com/offers
Old 06-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #146  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

First, a HUGE GINORMOUS HUMUNGUS THANK YOU to all who said my pictures were nice. They are some of my favorite ones since I rarely wear makeup or let my hair down, literally lol! I loved how my face looked in my bridal shower photo, and I really feel that my personality shows on my reception photo. Very curious kitty like (always getting into trouble, but never in a BAD way), and must look around the corner. What you DON'T see in the picture is that I wasn't allowed to see Kris (DH) getting his hawt tux put on. He was a hottie that night too I'll tell ya! I want to look like that again because that was one of the high points of my life, both physically and emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Here's another update on the cats - thanks for all of you who understand how important this is to me. If they are YOUR pets they are family!

Lincoln (9) actually sat in my lap for the first time in 2 years again and we snuggled like we used to. Chloe (6) has finally emerged from the basement and is exploring the house now. It feels like they are getting back to being themselves pretty quickly, and that is very encouraging! They were actually at the shelter for almost a month, and I am so grateful that the wonderful people there kept them together in a "duplex". They were really happy to see them go home to their mommy, and they gave me a "2 for 1" deal on the adoption fee as well as a ton of food and toys. Will save up some money to make a decent donation - right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with vet fees for a tooth extraction for little Chloe, poor baby. Scheduled for three weeks from now to give her a chance to readjust to her new home first.

My 2 year old daughter is thrilled to have the cats back! Maybe a little more excited than the cats... But she is very gentle and respectful of them, so I dont think we will have any problems. She knows them from her father's house, and they will get used to having her around ( a bit louder than mommy) soon.

We celebrated our reunion with some rotisserie chicken, just breast, no skin for me, leg for little one. None for the kitties because they were hiding. Easy cooking as recommended by coach

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Kaypix, you are absolutely gorgeous!!! Who wouldn't want to look like that?
Beannie: SO glad the kitties got to come home! I bet they stayed together and at the shelter so long since they were a 2:1 kind of deal you know? It's amazing how good of memories they can have, cherish them always Your daughter will grow up and love them, I had one cat as a kid, Muffin, we got her when I was 4, so was she, and we had her until we were both 18.

I'm off to bed, bike is almost finished, but Sweden schtucked us on the master cylinders again, here's praying they come tomorrow. Night all!
Closed Thread