Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Headed for my WI later this afternoon..... I hope it's a good one.... Wish me luck!!!

Have a Great IP Day everybody
GOOD LUCK (I'm shouting loud!)
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #32  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! I think I must have shed another insulating layer of fat because I am finally feeling the "IP Chill" - but it just feels so wrong to bring a sweater to work...in Texas...in June!

My mom is coming to visit for the weekend, hasn't seen me since Week 4, and has expressed interest in IP, so hoping I can make a convert of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay my favorite line from the pool was the Baby Ruth Candy bar. But that's the little boy in me.
Spalding: "Doody! Doody!"
Mrs Smails: "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!"

My other favorite:
Spalding: "I wanna hamburger, no a cheeseburger, I want fries, I wanna milkshake, I wanna..."
Judge Smails: "YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning everybody
Its gonna be hot hot hot in Jersey today. (yes Rainbowsmiles, us Jersey girls are tough .. ROFL) I will be working on my pond today. I had put some algecide in it a few days ago and yesterday it hit almost 100 degrees and now my koi fish are all stressed out due to low oxygen levels. I realy hope I can fix it before I lose them. My sis in law also invited herself over to swim today (no, not in the pond, lol) so I guess I will have to also entertain a little.
I need to find a cheap flight to Jersey for that 70's party!!!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Goodmorning everyone!!! I heard that IP causes a higher build up of plaque on teeth...has anyone else heard this? Do you think it's due to eating more protein?
Have a wonderful OP day.....I can't believe how good I feel.....isn't it fabulous
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #34  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning all! I'm up earlier than usual for the 1 1/2 hr drive to WI. It has been two (long) weeks with very little movement on my scales at home. I'm hoping for a 5 lb loss since last WI, so we'll see.

Good luck to all that WI today; stay 100% OP!
Quote:
Go Iris! I hope for any loss for my WI today.

Have a great day Peeps. ��
Good luck to both of you on your WI's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsieblu View Post
good morning all! I'm on day 5 and tring, not successfully, to stop being a daily weigher! It's a little scary to see such a weight drop in so few days, I know it mustn't be true and don't want to be discouraged if it creeps up...scale didn't move today but I'm down 9 lbs. already???! I almost want to whisper that I'm in such disbelief!

Thank you all for being here, have great weigh-ins and please pray for the air conditioner at work to start working...up to 82 degrees yesterday...yuck! Easy to get the water in tho
9lbs! That's great! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Headed for my WI later this afternoon..... I hope it's a good one.... Wish me luck!!!

Have a Great IP Day everybody
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Had my WI last night down 2.8 lbs. for a total of 32 lbs. Yahoooo over half way to goal. Can't wait until I am in the 160's. I hope that everyone who still has to WI this week get a visit from the whoosh fairy.

Keep truckin

Caren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Good morning!
Had a great WI yesterday.. Down 2.5 lbs. and 7.5 inches! This diet continues to amaze me. Good luck to all with WI's today!
Great losses! Keep up the good work!
Robag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #35  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Morning Losers! I now want a baseball cap with an "L" on it! Leaving for vacation today and instead of packing the car I am checking the website! Maybe I really am a Loser! We aren't leaving until tonight so I still have time.

I had all the cousins at my house this weekend, (5 teenagers) and they decided to make cookies. (not "baking cookies", actual cookies ) Anyway, they of course made up a whole batch of cookie dough then baked one tray of cookies when they decided to move onto other forms of entertainment. So I walk into the kitchen and the cookies and the dough are staring me in the face.

This would have been my moment to grab a spoon and dig in. Seven months ago I would have started with a small bite of dough and by the end of the afternoon would have consumed the entire bowl. So I looked at it and wondered why I didn't even want a bite. I realized that one bite of that could have lead me down a road I have no intention of ever traveling again. While I know that bite would taste really yummy for a moment, I also know that a few moments after I ate it I would need one more bite. I would feel the same way after taking the bite as I did before only my will power would have declined. I am not sure if I am making sense here but I realized that there is not enough cookie dough in the world to make me "full of cookie dough" and satisfied. Yet not eating the cookie dough made me feel satisfied.

Sorry to ramble it was an important moment for me that I don't think I expressed very well. I love that I now have some willpower and feel good about it. It makes me feel that I can keep this weight off for real this time!

Enough deep thought for the morning, I have to go irrigate the pastures so my sheep can get fat!

I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day!
Excellent post. Excellent will power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Great NSV, avoiding the first bite of that cookie dough. It's great that you'v got that self-awareness now. BTW, I've been wondering how you're doing with your itchy scalp? I tried a couple of pretty simple natural-health oriented things that do seemed to have helped mine. Feel free to send me a PM if you want more info.

That made me laugh.... if I recall the correct scene, he cleared the pool in one heck of a hurry! BTW, I too am smiing about your 'baking cookies' story from late last night. I think it's great that your weight loss is improving your life in this way too.

Good luck with your WI today. Regardless of what the scale says today at WI, you are doing so well. We'll all be here cheering for you when you reach the -100 lbs... whether that's today or next WI... makes no matter really .... it's coming!! soon!!

---------------------

I'm in the heat wave zone, so it's going to be another scorcher here today. I love heat, but find the current high levels of humidity difficult. However my balcony garden is loving it.... everything has been growing great guns.

Today will be pretty much 'business as usual' for me. Nothing new to report.

I just wanted to pop in and wish my fellow IPs a great OP Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Carol, you make me smile EVERY morning I read your posts Just wanted you to know that you're a huge inspiration, I hope your pond turns out beautifully and your fish get a therapist to help them unstress a little (JK I know how fish can stress in changing conditions and hope it balances fast for them), do they make some kind of anti-shock to help them or 02 system? My mother In law had a pond, it never had anything other than some goldfish (like, the $0.15 ones from Walmart) and they all died...and algae and scum...*gag* Stay cool and skinny lady!

Yesterday I painted a radiator cover, side panel, kickstand and mount, belt guard cover and two vents, today I'm going to need to paint the other side panel for the radiator cover, after freaking sanding it down cuz I botched it hardcore yesterday, an air box cover...something...else...forgetting...oh, front fender, finish the vents (need 2 more coats of top cover) and then done, I hope...I'll post pics of before and after when it's all said and done. Here is me two days ago after getting ready to paint, being a goof, which I do...kind of frequently...
I love it I'm not the only one taking goof pictures. What kind of bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Cadu,
You are only 9 pounds from goal!! It's just melting off you! You look absolutely gorgeous!!

Vet,
How cool that you are training your little girls to shoot. Have you already taught them self defense and other useful things? They are so lucky to have their dad teach them these things.

All,
My car broke down yet yesterday, around noon, in the extreme heat. Was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and was totally blessed because a half mile down the road was a used tire place that was able to replace the tie rod in a few hours. Had my IP food with me in a cooler. There was no air conditioning anywhere, just hung out and drank my water, my shake.

Have a fabulous day, stay cool and keep losing!
Shooting g has been fun. The girls are 4 & 6 my son is 9 so not much self defense stuff but safety. I have told them to never fight fair to kick them in the nuts, poke em in the eyes and go for the throat and knees.

Remember if they can't stand they can't fight. If they can't see they can't fight. If they can't breath they can't fight. I've also told them to scream and yell. Theses rules for fighting are for adults too! If someone is trying g to hurt you, rape you, kill you it abduct you they deserve any and anything you can dish out!

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-21-2012 at 11:49 AM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #36  

Morning Everyone,

This is Day 2 on IP Redo. My first WI will be Saturday. Wish me luck.

Quick question - It says we are allowed 2 whole eggs per day as a protein choice. So that means, technically I can have a 2 egg omelet (with 2 cups veggies) every night if I want?

I love breakfast food and this seems to be a way to indulge in "breakfast" without straying from IP.
britne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Goodmorning everyone!!! I heard that IP causes a higher build up of plaque on teeth...has anyone else heard this? Do you think it's due to eating more protein?
Have a wonderful OP day.....I can't believe how good I feel.....isn't it fabulous
I've found this. Not plaque, per se, but a build up, that's for sure. I find that I scrub my teeth like crazy trying to get it off. It's been better recently (might help that I just had a cleaning last week) but for a while it was driving me nuts!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #38  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by britne1 View Post
Morning Everyone,

This is Day 2 on IP Redo. My first WI will be Saturday. Wish me luck.

Quick question - It says we are allowed 2 whole eggs per day as a protein choice. So that means, technically I can have a 2 egg omelet (with 2 cups veggies) every night if I want?

I love breakfast food and this seems to be a way to indulge in "breakfast" without straying from IP.
You can have eggs. Just count them in you daily protein.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

I have a jaw line...WOO HOO!!! So excited!

Cannot wait till my WI tomorrow. Hoping to get into the 220's. So doable but feeling great even if I don't.

Loving IP! Here's to all the losers out there! Keep up the great work and have a wonderful OP day!
Karen71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 169/167/136

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all of the losses & good luck to all of the WI's today! My first one is tomorrow morning!! Very curious to see cuz I'm on the alternative plan. Anyway, everyone have a great OP day!
amy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #41  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Ok would love to get some opinions from my IP family ..What is everyones opinion on diet coke and how it effects the diet ?? Asked my coach and all she said was not to drink it..just curious..Would love to hear about people who have lost and still drink it..would love to hear about people who stopped because it they stopped..Would love to know the reasoning that other coaches gave to you guys.. Any ways hope everyone has a great day..weigh in at 5 tonight..
haddy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #42  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Ok would love to get some opinions from my IP family ..What is everyones opinion on diet coke and how it effects the diet ?? Asked my coach and all she said was not to drink it..just curious..Would love to hear about people who have lost and still drink it..would love to hear about people who stopped because it they stopped..Would love to know the reasoning that other coaches gave to you guys.. Any ways hope everyone has a great day..weigh in at 5 tonight..
Why is diet soda discouraged during the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method?

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other “protein type diets”, namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body’s bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas…particularly the “brown ones”…Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.). Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place ofthe 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea. The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic. Our protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Acid / base balance plays a major role in physiology, particularly in suchconditions as osteoporosis, gout, “hardening of the arteries”, and a more acidic blood does not carry oxygen as well. Using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinkscontain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products alot, will notreceive all of the wonderful benefits of the program.

that was from an IP webpage from a clinic
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #43  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Height: 5'6"

I used to drink diet coke, but was told not to on the diet. Since February I have had one diet coke, at the hospital to try to get awake after surgery so I could go home. Funny but I do not even miss them.
Today I am down 49 lbs, can't wait to hit 50. I have physical therapy today so maybe the exercise will help me get over the edge.
We actually had some rain yesterday, only .1 inch, but better than the nothing we have been getting and a tiny bit this morning. It is very dry and hot here in south TX.
jebaughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #44  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning/Afternoon all!
Life.. ugh.. well i had to restart my week 13. I know life is not an excuse but it was mine. I actually was OP just was doing more P3 than P1. But i restarted this week and feel great. More motivated than ever. I started at a new clinic this week. (one of the reasons i wasnt full OP since it was 1.5 weeks before i had my 1st session) But the clinic is great, good people.
I cooked up 30lbs of pork butt (kalua pig) for our company picnic..it turned out fabulous and everyone loved it. So i was forwarded the pics from the event and the event prior which was 2 weeks into me starting IP omg! I compared them both and I was blown away! I mean i've noticed a difference but never really seen a side by side.. WOW! I'd like to show you but i cannot figure out how to add pictures to my post LOL

Last edited by mlucas; 06-21-2012 at 12:36 PM.
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I only have 8 pounds left to hit Onederland!!! That will be good incentive to stay OP while I'm on vacation. What's going to be hard is not weighing myself every day....maybe I'll bring the scale!
You will probably have such a great time on vacation that after the second day you won't miss the scale. The problem I've noticed is that some people don't get back on IP, 100%, right after they return from vacation.

Quote:

Shooting g has been fun. The girls are 4 & 6 my son is 9 so not much self defense stuff but safety. I have told them to never fight fair to kick them in the nuts, poke em in the eyes and go for the throat and knees.

Remember if they can't stand they can't fight. If they can't see they can't fight. If they can't breath they can't fight. I've also told them to scream and yell. Theses rules for fighting are for adults too! If someone is trying g to hurt you, rape you, kill you it abduct you they deserve any and anything you can dish out!
That was great advice; "Never fight fair". As a girl, didn't learn much about self defense and would have a hard time fighting back. Also when I get scared, I lose my voice. I need to toughen up - any advice?

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-21-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote