Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #76  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Wew, is it hot out! Just came back from a 2.5 mile walk. Anyone has extra rain they want to send us, we'll take it. It is very dry and the corn is curling
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Wew, is it hot out! Just came back from a 2.5 mile walk. Anyone has extra rain they want to send us, we'll take it. It is very dry and the corn is curling
Beck - where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I was just outside myself and it is quite muggy!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
NSV: A former co-worker of my husband's has a wife who contacted me about my weight loss, and she wants to give it a shot So we are getting together for lunch on Sunday and going to give her all the info I can on the Ideal Protein and the Alternative products I use as well...this is gonna be a fun lunch.

I cannot I've inspired 2 people to lose weight. 2! Nearly 3! It kind of makes me want to cry...I'm not that special, really, but, people are starting to look to me for ways to lose, and it makes me feel really good inside.
that's fantastic to hear! Actions speak louder than words - and people can see it with you! One of my friends has been asking me questions all morning as well. She is hypoglycemic but she's interested in seeing if she can make it work for her too. I just sent her the phase 1 sheet.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I have a question for you. So my wedding is in late august, and I went for my last dress fitting. It fits pretty well, a little big in the top, and fits just about right around the waist. So my question is, should I continue doing IP and loosing weight or try and maintain my weight until after the wedding? I'm not sure how much it would cost to take it in the dress since it has a lot of beading on the bust. Any suggestions for what I should do?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 273/255/175

Height: 5'7"

Just want to drop in and say hello! I am on day 9 and have lost 8.6 lbs so far. Thanks for posting and thanks for this forum. So encouraging! I have my first appointment with the real coach tomorrow (not the high school girl that weighs 90 lbs, has wrinkly clothes, and has never done the program). Looking forward to receiving some proper coaching!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 262/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone I started IP over a week ago and i lost 12 pounds my first weigh in. I am nervous and excited to WI tommorow. I just wanted to introduce myself and, i am looking forward to some good tips and motivation from the people on here. Can't wait to get to know everyone
Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #82  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
that just doesn't work!

Hope this Helps! Kaypix made a little tutorial a while back: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...responses.html
The only way to tell if this one works is to see if I've multiquoted here or not. Edited to Add, IT WORKS, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post

Don't beat yourself up for the extra protein I doubt it will make any difference. Your coach is unrealistic!! I don't lose fast and my clinic is very supportive of my little losses, so they are all different. If you are staying OP you are doing the best that can be done!!
I wish my coach was a generous as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
No-a little extra fat and protein probably will help! The fat helps you stay in ketosis. And can help prevent the big c!
I've never heard that about fat and ketosis. Interesting.

I just got back from WI 3, lost 3 lbs. Once again the coach says I should be losing more, at my weight she expects an average of 5 lbs a week and I fell below two weeks running. In 3 weeks I have had exactly ONE slip and that was the extra 4 ounce extra lean hamburger patty on Sunday (offset by reducing a shake). I KNOW I am following the plan. I've written every bite that has entered my mouth, I'm avoiding aspartame. I'm pleased with my weight-loss but have no idea how to bump it up to meet expectations.

I guess I'm frustrated, I didn't know that this was going to be something on which we were "graded" according to the average. I'm not about to quit, but I AM frustrated.

OK, I just emailed my coach. Told her that I was not average. I am far above average in many things ie public speaking skills, math skills (for a non mathmatician) and sheer cussedness. I am below average in self esteem, ability to catch a baseball and height. I'm not average, never will be, and don't want to be measured against average again.

Last edited by GrandmaKiss; 06-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I think your Coach is misguided. you are losing nicely. There is only so much a body can burn each week. You should be proud of your progress.

If you want to read more about ketosis look at mike eades blog. He is the author of protein power.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default afternoon :)

stefany- thank you so much for your support. your compliments are warm and they make me feel like i just got a big online hug thank you

rainbowsmiles - you made me giggle out loud with your "high five " to the tree. i could really visualize it and it's totally something i would do, too. keep up that attitude, girl.

good afternoon to everyone else. it is indeed a scorcher. i wanted to go for a stroll around the block with my 11 month old.. i like to walk in the mornings with him while it's still cool, but it was 80 degrees at 8 AM!! ugh gross and humid, too. so, i stayed in and did some floor exercises instead. After my hearty phase 3 breakfast, i did a bunch of crunches, some other ab work outs, some push ups, planks, lunges, tricep push ups, etc.. i'm trying to work up to a substantial muscle toning work out, but since i haven't done a thing in months, i'm pretty weak lol. i just can't believe that i WANT to work out. i've never been a health nut or someone to say "HEY LETS TONE MY CORE!" haha. after the carbs and fruit, it's like there are bells and whistles that say "work it off!! it's toxic!" ....even though i KNOW it's a part of the program.

anyway- glad everyone is doing well and keep up the good work!!

happy OP DAY EVERYONE!

Last edited by newmom7611; 06-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarlene View Post
Just want to drop in and say hello! I am on day 9 and have lost 8.6 lbs so far. Thanks for posting and thanks for this forum. So encouraging! I have my first appointment with the real coach tomorrow (not the high school girl that weighs 90 lbs, has wrinkly clothes, and has never done the program). Looking forward to receiving some proper coaching!
Welcome aboard "anitamarlene", you have just embarked on a great journey, one that will be filled with anticipation, excitement, frustration and great joy. We are all here to encourage you, help you, celebrate with you, cry with you and even give you a little tough love when needed. So read this forum it will give you great insight into how everyone is dealing with IP, and ask questions someone will answer them for you.

Good luck on your journey to better health.

Caren
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #86  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hi everyone! I have a question for you. So my wedding is in late august, and I went for my last dress fitting. It fits pretty well, a little big in the top, and fits just about right around the waist. So my question is, should I continue doing IP and loosing weight or try and maintain my weight until after the wedding? I'm not sure how much it would cost to take it in the dress since it has a lot of beading on the bust. Any suggestions for what I should do?
Hi skinnybride -- CONGRATS!!! I just got married in February I would talk to your alterations people to see if it's even possible to take it in more. If they can and if you can spare the money (budgeting for a wedding sucks), see what's the latest you can go back for a fitting (usually 2 weeks before they charge a rush fee).
Coming from someone who can't stop staring at her wedding photos, you want to feel beatiful in every way!!!! Also, you want the top to FIT so you don't have any wardrobe malfunctions
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by natkaye View Post
Hi everyone I started IP over a week ago and i lost 12 pounds my first weigh in. I am nervous and excited to WI tommorow. I just wanted to introduce myself and, i am looking forward to some good tips and motivation from the people on here. Can't wait to get to know everyone
Welcome aboard "natkaye", you have just embarked on a great journey, one that will be filled with anticipation, excitement, frustration and great joy. We are all here to encourage you, help you, celebrate with you, cry with you and even give you a little tough love when needed. So read this forum it will give you great insight into how everyone is dealing with IP, and ask questions someone will answer them for you.

Good luck on your journey to better health.

Caren
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

WI#5 Today and here are the results:

Total Weight Loss: 20.6 lbs

Inches lost in:
Chest: 4 inches
Waist: 3.5 inches
Hip: 3 inches
Arm: 1.25 inches
Thigh: 1.75 inches

I’ve also lost 3.9% body fat and 66% of my weight loss has been fat.

I’ve very pleased and I’ve hit my half-way mark today with my weight loss. My fiance continues to amaze me with his loss (guys are so lucky) and it’s been so helpful for us to do this together.

I can't thank this board enough for all the tips, encouragement, support and everything. For the first time I feel like I can accomplish my weight loss goals.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Ugh, that's a tough one! I guess I'd say it all comes down to what matters more to you - being at or close to your goal weight for your wedding (and all the pictures that come with it!) or the extra cost of having your dress altered yet again.

I don't say that to be flippant at all - it's a hard decision! Dress alterations are insanely pricey and can be stressful when you have to have things taken in, especially as things are changing up until the last minute.

Did you chat with the seamstress about what it would take if you lost more weight to get it just right? How much time and money?

The flip side, of course, is that if you go off IP and eat 'regular food', are you at all worried about the stress of an upcoming wedding (and being busy you might not always be able to eat right) might actually make you gain back what you've lost, then your dress won't fit properly either?

Tough decision to make for sure! All the best.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post

I just got back from WI 3, lost 3 lbs. Once again the coach says I should be losing more, at my weight she expects an average of 5 lbs a week and I fell below two weeks running. In 3 weeks I have had exactly ONE slip and that was the extra 4 ounce extra lean hamburger patty on Sunday (offset by reducing a shake). I KNOW I am following the plan. I've written every bite that has entered my mouth, I'm avoiding aspartame. I'm pleased with my weight-loss but have no idea how to bump it up to meet expectations.

I guess I'm frustrated, I didn't know that this was going to be something on which we were "graded" according to the average. I'm not about to quit, but I AM frustrated.

OK, I just emailed my coach. Told her that I was not average. I am far above average in many things ie public speaking skills, math skills (for a non mathmatician) and sheer cussedness. I am below average in self esteem, ability to catch a baseball and height. I'm not average, never will be, and don't want to be measured against average again.
I would not be too discouraged. I am in my 4th week, and my 3rd WI I lost 1.5, even though I was 100% OP. my coach told me that when things slow down eat spinach instead of more dense veggies like cauliflower or broccoli , and it worked well. I lost 3.5 for WI 4. So I am losing an average of 3 lbs per week. I think every body is different, and if you stay OP, the weight WILL come off.

Also, look at other measures such as the inches you have lost, and how your clothes fit.

Do your best and stay happy. Glad you told your coach what you did

Last edited by Delgen; 06-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread