3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   It's TUESDAY, June 19!!! What are you eating today IPeeps? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261336-its-tuesday-june-19-what-you-eating-today-ipeeps.html)

LizRR 06-19-2012 11:38 AM

It's TUESDAY, June 19!!! What are you eating today IPeeps?

Phase 1: Week 16, Day 5

Breakfast@8am: Spinach Smoothie
EAS Carb Control Chocolate RTD
Spinach
2 cups Chilled Half-Caf Coffee & Ice
1 Stevia packet

Lunch@12pm: Soup
IP Potato Puree
4 oz Chicken Broth
Celeriac & Mushroom Puree <--last of these leftovers

Snack@4pm: Unrestricted Pancakes
IP Crispy Cereal
2 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
WF Pancake Syrup

Snack@6pm: 4th packet for weightlifting day
Pure Protein Bar

Bodypump@6:30-7:30pm

Dinner@8pm:
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower & Celery Purée

LizRR 06-19-2012 11:39 AM

Here you go ProteinGal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProteinGal (Post 4376443)
Phase 1

Breakfast:
IP Chicken Soup
Romaine Lettuce/ 1 c Baby Spinach
Packet WF Thousand Island Dressing
tsp EVOO/ Himalayan Salt

Lunch:
IP RM Vanilla Pudding
1 c stewed Rhubarb/ Splenda

Dinner:
5 oz cooked Wild Salmon
1 c steamed Asparagus
2 Tbsp WF Thick & Spicy BBQ Sauce
1 tsp EVOO/ Himalayan Salt
Pukka Cleanse Tea

Snack:
IP Carmel Crunch Bar
1 c low sodium Garlic Dill Pickles

~~~~lots of water~~~~

Have a wonderful OP Day!

Damn, just realized this thread was for yesterday, oh well, this is what I'm having today Tuesday ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4375373)
Repost from previous thread - I'll try to remember to add this daily throughout June for folks who might have missed it. Not all of the recipes are 100% IP, but they can be easily adapted and modified.

I love freebies! for the month of June you can download a free PDF copy of the Miracle Noodles cookbook (regularly $29.99).

http://miraclenoodle.com/recipebook.pdf

greeniris 06-19-2012 12:18 PM

Breakfast - IP Cereal pancake with spinach, and 2 tsp WF pancake syrup mixed into batter, 2 egg whites, cinnamon & nutmeg, vanilla, b. powder
Lunch - Broccoli Cheese Soup with 1 c steamed broccoli & a green onion added, 4 cauliflower 'bread' sticks (these are great!)
Snack - Blueberry, Cran-granata drink
Supper - not sure yet, maybe chicken stirfry w/peppers, onion, mini bella mushrooms, & soy sauce.

Liz, don't know if you saw my response this morning re: your comment on how many packets in my menu yesterday - the 'Pig in a Blanket' recipe, the 'blanket' is also an IP packet.

I have 1 packet of the Miracle Noodles, but am afraid to try them...lol. Maybe this weekend.

Have a great OP day!

ProteinGal 06-19-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4376473)
Here you go ProteinGal:

He hee, thanks hun ;)

LizRR 06-19-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4376511)
Breakfast - IP Cereal pancake with spinach, and 2 tsp WF pancake syrup mixed into batter, 2 egg whites, cinnamon & nutmeg, vanilla, b. powder
Lunch - Broccoli Cheese Soup with 1 c steamed broccoli & a green onion added, 4 cauliflower 'bread' sticks (these are great!)
Snack - Blueberry, Cran-granata drink
Supper - not sure yet, maybe chicken stirfry w/peppers, onion, mini bella mushrooms, & soy sauce.

Liz, don't know if you saw my response this morning re: your comment on how many packets in my menu yesterday - the 'Pig in a Blanket' recipe, the 'blanket' is also an IP packet.

I have 1 packet of the Miracle Noodles, but am afraid to try them...lol. Maybe this weekend.

How did the spinach in the pancakes turn out? I've added shredded zucchini (need to squeeze out extra water with a paper towel) and they were DELICIOUS and very filling. I saw about the 'Blanket' IP packet and responded on the other thread.

Personally, I really like the Miracle Noodles, but if you've never really been exposed to asian style noodles (very similar in texture/taste to rice noodles you find in Pho & other asian soups) before they can be quite foreign, the texture is not like traditional pasta. I love them in asian style stirfrys - I can't really tolerate the WF dressings on their own, but I like the WF Sesame Ginger with some soy, red curry paste, and WF Peanut Spread.

Here's an alternate dry roasting method, different than the instructions on the bag, if you want to try it: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/dry-roast-shirataki.html

Dry Roasting Shirataki to Eliminate Wetness and Aroma
We have received several emails about the best way to dry the noodles completely and hence eliminate any unwanted odor completely.

In Japan this is done by dry-roasting the noodles. This process also ensures that the noodles will absorb the flavor of what you will be adding!

1. Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat
2. Add the shirataki noodles and dry roast for around 1 minute
3. When they are dry, you often hear a squeaking noise as you move them
4. Drizzle a little oil or not, or add the stock or sauce you are going to use with whatever recipes

mom2hi 06-19-2012 01:53 PM

B: IP Maple Oatmeal, coffee w/1T cream
L: RTD Vanilla, 1c. celery, 1c. cukes
S: IP Lemon pudding
D: Salmon Fillet, romain lettuce, celery, cauliflower

Spinach in pancakes? Spinach in choc shakes? This doesn't sound appetizing at all, but I have been surprised so far how good the IP food tastes! I know I'll need more variety, so this weekend plan to camp out on the recipe page and get some more ideas.

GeauxTigers82 06-19-2012 02:42 PM

B- half caff coffee with 2 Splenda packets
Scrambled egg whites with sea salt, pepper, and tabasco
Chocolate rtd

L- soy patty with wf BBQ thick and spicy sauce
2c zucchini fries

D- grilled chicken breast with 2 c grilled eggplant

S- vanilla rtd

Cootermom125 06-19-2012 03:15 PM

B- coffee with RTD vanilla drink
S1-lettuce with sea salt, pepper and vinegar
L- cereal pancakes, wf syrup and 2 cups cauliflower
S2-cucumbers with s&v
D- BBQ hamburgers made with diced jalapeño and pickles inside with a salad and rutabaga fries, and 1 carb ketchup.
S3- dark chocolate pudding blended with water, ice, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and stevia. Put in freezer and stirred every 10 minutes until consistency of ice cream.

I'm starving today.....and yesterday. :(

Porthardygurl 06-19-2012 04:16 PM

Phase 1 Alternatives

Breaky: Cocoa Mint Pudding
Lunch: Will attempt cereal pancake
Dinner: Proti-Diet pizza mmmm
Snack: Apple Cinnamon Rubarb Crumble.
Veggies fit in somewhere between this all plus water water water water..

Ravenswood2012 06-19-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4376511)
Lunch - Broccoli Cheese Soup with 1 c steamed broccoli & a green onion added,

4 cauliflower 'bread' sticks (these are great!)

What may I ask are cauliflower bread sticks?? & how do you make them? They sound Yummy :)

Ravenswood2012 06-19-2012 04:36 PM

B: Butterscotch Pudding mixed with cold strong coffee, splenda, & 2 Tbsp WF Caramel Sauce a little water & ice (faux iced caramel coffee drink) Yum!

L: Bar & Big salad w/ 2 cups veggies & EVOO, vinegar, lemon, garlic dressing.

D: 8oz chicken & shrimp w/ mushrooms & zucchini. Propel zero

S: Dark chocolate pudding made into ice cream w/ 2 Tbsp WF Strawberry Syrup. Yum!!

Water, Water, Water, & more Water :)

Have a great OP evening!!

softkitty 06-19-2012 07:16 PM

Well let see, I had peach mango drink for breakfest, chocolate pudding for a snack, salad with cukes, variety of peppers, celery and two eggs with oil and apple cider vinegar dressing for lunch, and for dinner pink lemonade drink and roasted asparagus and mushrooms. It's so hot and humid today, I drank a boatload of water. Not a fan of 90 degree temps. But, it's better than shoveling 3 feet of show.

jcjnjj 06-19-2012 07:30 PM

Breakfast: Maple Oatmeal, 2 cups *(maybe3) of coffee
Lunch: Lots of Romaine with Broccoli, Peppers, Cucumbers, Olive Oil, Salt. Dill Pickle Zippers
Dinner: Tuna Patties...egg whites, red pepper, cilanto, can of tuna, spices and then cooked in olive oil. Dill Pickle.
Snack: Dark Chocolate Pudding

Water....giving up MIO this week to see what it does to cravings/loss.

Heitina 06-19-2012 07:39 PM

Phase 1, Day 12

Breakfast - IP chocolate drink - coffee

Lunch - IP chocolate drink (I love my chocolate!)
Salad w/1.5 c. mixed peppers and stix of celery to dip in my salt.
WF Thousand Island Dressing

Dinner - 5 oz Pork Loin
2 cups mixed, steamed cauliflower and broccolette (cross between
broc. and asparagus)
1/4 t. salt - 1 t. EVOO

Snack - IP Vanilla premade drink

Lots of water all day long and I will be having a pickle tonight to see if it helps with leg cramps at night.

greeniris 06-19-2012 07:59 PM

Cauliflower Breadsticks (MamaGrubbsgrum)
1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
1/2 cup grated onion
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350
Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil. (I patted the mix into 2 'loaves', making sure they are equal thickness. Bake for 45 minutes (or until a little dried out and firm I ended up cooking it for around 60 min.) then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 - 20 minutes. (Next time I will probably bake a little longer to see if they will hold together better.)Cut in slices.

For supper tonight I ended up just having a large salad with 8 oz turkey. It's so hot and humid I just didn't want to cook anything. Topped with a bit of EVOO.

I know putting spinach into pancakes and chocolate drinks sounds gross, but it really doesn't add much flavor. For the pancakes I put the spinach in the frying pan first to let it cook down a bit, then just pour the batter over top. It keeps me from getting too hungry before lunch. One of these days I'll try the zucchini in pancakes/muffins too.

Liz - thanks for the ideas with the Miracle Noodles. I don't believe I've ever had anything like them, so will be a new food experience.