Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 06/18/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-18-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

Bringing my DD to the zoo today, should be doing a lot of walking, it should be a good day.

I hope everyone has a great day
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #3  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Cadu - have fun at the zoo!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #4  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning y'all. I don't know why I am up. I have only been sleeping about 4 hours every day and it stinks, I lack energy through the day and by 8 I am ready to crash, but can't sleep. Wonder if that is why I am starving, up so many hours! I have a busy day starting with tutoring at 9:00. I guess I will enjoy some me time until I have to get ready to leave. Have a good day everyone and good luck for all those that have WI's today
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good mornning everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Oh my cheeks (the ones on my face)...This is a funny way to wind down the weekend! Stephany1769, I have a similar pic with my first Maine lobster when I lived in New England I should dig out somewhere...that blue crab didn't have a chance! 10"...lol.
I want to see the lobster,photo!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps....

what an interesting weekend:
hope this isnt tmi... lol

WI#9- 1lb loss. I wasnt thrilled at all BUT my cycle did a switcheroo thing and came 2 weeks early. Last Wed was the 13th ...my normal TOM is the last week of the month.

So Im full on into my TOM, and my coach said that was actually a really good sign .... she said my body has been in a ketonic state long enuf for my TOM to play TOM Roulette lol. She said I would see a really good loss the following week if I up my water intake and do a week with very little restrictives. Since I retain water after my TOM (my weird body sheesh).
She said it was awesome that I still had a loss and loss .5 inches everwhere and I was in TOM gear.

So this week Im going hard in the paint!!!! Im looking for a 3-5 lb loss this week. More water less restrictives ...

and a loss is a loss right... Im celebrating my 1lb loss with a ton of water! lol

Have a great day IPeeps
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #7  

I have been traveling for business, and it is super hard to stay on diet while traveling. I find it difficult and costly to get all the food you need-- one night I had to go out to dinner again after a fancy french restaurant where I didn't get enough protein or veggies in. I'm in a bit of a stall, and I'm wondering if it's:
a) the chocolate chip cookie (IP) that I am having every day. It has 23 g. cho. Should this be restricted to 2x/week?
or
b) 5 pcs. of sugarless gum that I have been having to avoid cheating (could this gum put me out of ketosis?)
Any thoughts?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning ALL, I need advice....

I had a 1.25 WI as my weigh in on Friday. I'm trying to cut out the restricted foods, but its really hard. How about 1/2 bar/day plus 2 IP drinks? or 1/2 pack of ridges with 2 drinks? Along with the salad, protein and veggies- is that good enough? Or am I limiting myself and loosing nutrients?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Th gum I chew is less than a carb a piece. I used to chew two of three at a time now it is in at a time. Even if it were five carbs a day that seems pretty low but I'm not sure what your total carbs look like. Have you asked your coach?

When you travel do you stay in a hotel? Can you get one with a microwave and fridge. Some even have a stove.

Longhorn might chime in but he had some great travel tips. I think he brings a hot plate with him. I always bring a cooler. I plan to buy a hot plate.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone, I am back from vacation and boy oh boy did I miss the support of 3FC. It's quite a challenge to stay OP when eating meals that are prepared by someone else and in a cafeteria setting. Happy Monday to you all.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I have been traveling for business, and it is super hard to stay on diet while traveling. I find it difficult and costly to get all the food you need-- one night I had to go out to dinner again after a fancy french restaurant where I didn't get enough protein or veggies in. I'm in a bit of a stall, and I'm wondering if it's:
a) the chocolate chip cookie (IP) that I am having every day. It has 23 g. cho. Should this be restricted to 2x/week?
or
b) 5 pcs. of sugarless gum that I have been having to avoid cheating (could this gum put me out of ketosis?)
Any thoughts?

From what I was told up to 4 pieces of sugarless gum are OK. I would talk with your coach but I can't imagine that 1 extra piece of sugarless gum would cause a stall.

On my sheet the chcocolate chip cookes are listed as 2X a week only. It would seem ( just based on what you shared) that the cookies are more likely the cause of the stall.

Try cutting back on the cookies to just twice a week and talk to your coach at your next WI ... hopefully by then things will be moving again
Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #12  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Th gum I chew is less than a carb a piece. I used to chew two of three at a time now it is in at a time. Even if it were five carbs a day that seems pretty low but I'm not sure what your total carbs look like. Have you asked your coach?

When you travel do you stay in a hotel? Can you get one with a microwave and fridge. Some even have a stove.

Longhorn might chime in but he had some great travel tips. I think he brings a hot plate with him. I always bring a cooler. I plan to buy a hot plate.

What type of gum do you chew? And did you see the message that I met the doctor and coaches from your clinic? Told them you are such an encouragement!

Still reeling from the seminar and feel more determined!! Got to meet Dr. Trah Tien and hear different speakers explain even more of the science behind the diet and how important it is for us to meet weekly with our coaches and to stay true to the plan! Also realized how if you use a lot of replacements (WF, etc.) that though it says it is 0 carbs/sugar, it may have .99999 grams of carbs/sugar and if you have multiples of that in a day it can add up and sabotage your diet. That's why I'm thinking I may really measure and only use substitutes 1-2 times a day. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone
Happy Monday! Hope everyones week is wonderful and that you all have great WI's today and everyone stays OP!
Hugs to all!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #14  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Good Morning to all & Happy Monday!!!

Have a great day, week & stay OP
Old 06-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #15  
Jane

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all... my first post in here.... I had my WI this morning and I am down another 2 pounds... so I am happy with that. Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread