Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question If you are on IP and suffer from clinical depression..

I was just wondering if you have felt depressed more so lately within the first couple weeks of IP due to limited carbohydrates? Because lately i have been finding within the past couple weeks i feel more depressed then normal..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

If anything, I have been much less depressed while on IP. I think the success of following the plan and losing weight steadily has given me new hope. Like everyone, I have days that are better than others, but I was mentally prepared to sacrifice the immediate "pleasure" of food for the the promised reward of losing weight and feeling soooo much better. My energy after losing over 65 pounds is amazing!! I have not went off of the anti-anxiety med that I take, because I feel so good and I don't want to see what happens if I stop. Depression is linked to hormones which will change on this program. My best advice is to make up your mind to embrace this lifestyle change, stick to the program 100%, and think positive thoughts. Hugs and best wishes.
GonnaB50NFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote