Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #61  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I was actually wondering the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
Hey, everyone! I'm only on day five and I already feel like a mini chef! Haha...any of you feel that way?

Question: When we measure 2c of veggies, do we measure raw or cooked? I just made an omelet with 1 1/2 c mushrooms and 1/2 c onions and peppers. When it was done, the veggies only equaled a cup. Thoughts?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Meat and veggies should always be weighed raw, before you cook them.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Thank you! That makes me feel better because I am stuffed! Haha...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #64  
Started IP 06.12.12

Thanks IPdivajen!! I have been overdoing it then...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #65  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Here is an Oatmeal cookie recipe I've collected over time.

Oatmeal Cookies
1 Ideal Protein oatmeal packet
1 Ideal Protein butterscotch or chocolate pudding packet
1/8 cup rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
a sprinkle of cinnamon, to taste
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
just enough water to get a cookie dough texture

Combine all of the dry ingredients, then add the last 3 liquid ingredients to reach a cookie dough texture. Spray cookie sheet lightly with Pam olive oil spray and place cookies on sheet. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes or until desired degree of moisture. Test center of cookie with toothpick to see if they are baked.
Molly, are we allowed rolled oats on Phase 1? (I guess since there are IP oatmeal breakfast packets, and (not sure about this but guessing) probably oatmeal in some of the bars? it's ok on a limited/restricted basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I am going to have to quit IP, at least IP products. I will definitely need the help and encouragement of the wonderful people here. I love IP and their products but we had a family emergency of the $$ kind this week. So, it's alternative products or nothing for me. Doesn't it seem like something always comes up? lol. I did so well this week, I am going to try and continue using the much less expensive products and use you guys for my coach

It's really funny how things work out. I was researching alternatives all week for my Sister so she could participate with me. So, now I get to put all my research to work and we will be on exactly the same plan.
That's too bad about your family's financially-related emergency Cyndie, but you can definitely still do the protocol using alternatives. It should actually work out quite handy for you - maybe you and your sister will share in alternate food orders, etc., and try out new things together. I'm sure you'll do great. You can get the support you need from this forum. Just come here frequently for 'reinforcement'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undul8tor View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm new here and on my third day of IP. Got bad headache for two days, despite drinking my water and using my salt. Advil helped, but when I used the migraine stuff with caffeine and asprin, they lessened greatly. I love everything else. Making muffins with lemon pudding recipe. Nice to meet every one here such a supportive place
Week 1 is definitely by far the worst.... get through that and it's fairly smooth sailing. Glad you're on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Congratulations. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
Wow - what a difference in your 'before' and 'after' pictures. Way to go. I haven't gotten brave enough yet to post pictures... working on that.... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts; I have been researching the Ideal Protein program for the last two weeks and I am really considering trying. I have been on every diet (many more than once) out there and the results are too slow I never make it past two months. I like structure and this plan seems very structured. I am afraid of spending more money and failing again. I can be an emotional eater; especially if I am hungry. I've seen conflicting reviews - some people say they feel full others say they are very hungry.

Any words of advice? I need to lose about 50 lbs.

Thanks!!
If your head is in the place where you can handle a rigid protocol then you'll do fine on IP. It's very structured and precise... no 'grey' areas about what you can and can't do. But it's really important that you not cheat on this program.. it's not like calorie counting or other programs where going 'off program' for a day really isn't that much of a big deal. On IP if you eat something that takes you out of ketosis you've lost approximately 3-4 days worth of forward momentum (and the $ for the IP products) plus you have to get back into ketosis again. Not nice to go through that twice. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you read Dr. Trans' book (the link should be at the top of the first page of this thread) so you fully understand the principles on which this diet is based. That really helps you grasp why it's so important to stick to the protocol.

But if you are mentally in the right place for this program, then I definitely say go for it. Once you're past week 1 it's much easier, and becomes pretty 'rote'. Plus there's so much you can do with the IP food packets - lots of variety. And of course, the support of everyone here at 3fatchicks is absolutely invaluable.

BTW, I'm currently reading a book about conquering the emotional side of eating called 'Life Is Hard - Food Is Easy' by Linda Spangle. I'm finding it very good and definitely recommend it if you know emotional eating can be a problem for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
I posted this yesterday but got no response...Anybody???

Hi all,
I need some advice. I am a month into IP and am still experiencing tiredness.
I am following IP 100% ,taking the supplements and sea salt. My coach said it could mean too many carbs but I can't imagine going any more low carb than I already am. I also walk about 30 min a day. Anyone experience this?
Thanks!
If your coach has already checked, and your 100% OP and taking all the required sea salt, vitamins, water, etc., etc... the only thing I can think of is to wonder if you've had your iron level tested lately?? I recall in my younger days (while still menstrating) that occasionally my blood iron levels would get too low and I would get really tired. Has your tiredness just started since you started doing the IP protocol - or did you ever notice it before? Just something to consider. Maybe to be safe just have your Dr. check it.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a great day.

I started the Slow Burn program (slow motion strength training) this morning, so it will be interesting to see how that develops for me.

I had a late start to my day, then spent about an hour learning/doing the slow burn routine, so I'm running late today. Gotta get my butt in gear and get some errands done now.

Hope you are all having a happy weekend.... Everyone stay 100%. (Much as I love Mr. Dancing Carrot, I couldn't help agree with whoever noted about how unappropriate he is for IP! So I'm using Mr. Dancing Broccolli - seems fitting somehow.... Mr. Zucchini or Cucumber would be even more so. LOL)
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Thanks for the thoughts! Yes I too have done WW (numerous times) and wasted money on JC. I really am thinking of trying IP and will keep you posted! You are doing AMAZING! Thanks again
Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #67  

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Thanks for the thoughts! Yes I too have done WW (numerous times) and wasted money on JC. I really am thinking of trying IP and will keep you posted! You are doing AMAZING! Thanks again
I did WW 9 years ago and lost 40 pounds easily. Silly girl that I was though, I relaxed after hitting goal and the pounds slowly crept back up to my starting weight. Since then I have tried WW again (fail) Atkins (fail) Paleo (fail) South Beach (fail). Now I am doing IP and it seems to be working for me. Once I reach goal, I will stomp on that silly girl mentality I had the first time, and will keep these pounds off. This is definitely the last diet for me.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #68  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
Am I the ONLY one that has discovered the "best quoting tip EVER" link has absolutely nothing to do with quoting? It seems to be about trackers and signatures.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Molly, are we allowed rolled oats on Phase 1? (I guess since there are IP oatmeal breakfast packets, and (not sure about this but guessing) probably oatmeal in some of the bars? it's ok on a limited/restricted basis?
evepet, I actually got this from an IP center's website, which stated phases 1-4. In fact, I found I had it from two different places and it is exactly the same ingredients (second was from the first 3FC Recipe archive). The IP oatmeal is restricted, so the cookies would be. I was also surprised seeing the added oats. Plain rolled oats wouldn't have sugar or any additives, just the grain. Not something we should be eating all of the time, but, I guess, okay for the occasional cookies here.

Molly
Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #70  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! I'm on Day 3 and feel much better today than I felt yesterday. Also, I really liked the food today. I had the Pina Colada Drink this morning and for lunch leek soup with sauteed (in olive oil) garlic, green, and red peppers. Also sea salt and pepper. Added it to the warm soup and it was great!

I'm very excited about this diet. I, too, lost weight on WW (more times than I care to mention) and gained it back. It makes so much sense to hear that we should not be having a "balanced" diet right now when we want to lose weight.

I haven't felt really hungry on this - of course, it's only day 3 for me! But I can see how I can travel with this diet. I also drive long distances (4 hour drive) at least twice a month and used to snack along the way. But I think I can figure that one out too.

Thanks for your support everyone! And now, I will plant some flowers.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #71  
Started IP 06.12.12

I find an easy snack while on the go is celery and bell peppers GOOD LUCK!! Im on day 4 right now and I am loving it!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #72  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
just wanted to say YOU ARE LOOKING FABULOUS!!! i just love seeing your posts with such a BIG OLE SMILE on your face!! so inspiring!! have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #73  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
I find an easy snack while on the go is celery and bell peppers GOOD LUCK!! Im on day 4 right now and I am loving it!
Thanks jmuroff1! I used to eat those little bags of cut carrots. Guess I'll switch to celery and peppers and cucumbers. I might even use a snack pack of IP chips, but that is not really changing my behavior....

Good luck to you, too! I'm feeling clearer, even after only 3 days.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #74  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Are pickles and cucumbers free for most of you? My coach never mentioned anything being free.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #75  
Started IP 06.12.12

I know cucumbers count towards your veggies but I'm not sure of pickles
Closed Thread